possible two-way throttle for regen braking. what should i ask for?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Wuxing-newest-half-twist-throttle-2_62067628818.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.5bee1ee8NWjIHT

i found a place on alibaba that sells a regen capable half throttle that i want to use for regen/braking with a rear hub motor

theyre asking what kind of connectors or any other specifications id need. i have no idea but just know i'll set it up using the vesc6 and my 48v battery.

what should i ask for?

https://us-icbuim-file.oss-us-east-1.aliyuncs.com/file/bd67a40e70b6f33704016090ada2a61e.pdf?Expires=1602672927&OSSAccessKeyId=LTAIxlzvmECyZvmX&Signature=YkjbQ9Oy5HrCpFEkp%2F3u5c%2B3FqI%3D&response-content-disposition=fileName%3D2021%20Mini%20E-Scooter%20Parts%20Catalog%20.pdf

maybe i dont need to know anything special just the plug that would connect to the vesc6:
https://trampaboards.com/vesc-6-mkiv-in-cnc-t6-silicone-sealed-aluminium-box-with-genuine-xt90-connectors--vedder-electronic-speed-controller-trampa-special-p-27536.html

but would like to hear from someone who knows

That is a great find and a good sign of where the technology is headed. I’m going to definitely try this out over separate both sides of the handlebar set up. It looks like you are trying to connect a drone esc to a sensorless drone motor? I don’t think it’s the same as a normal Ebike throttle. One uses pause wave modulation the esc and the Ebike uses a variable voltage signal 0-just under 5v normally and uses a ground wire, power in, adjusted power out. I may not be entirely accurate in the wordage but trust me they are different. This has been done before and my use a hobby servo tester somehow.

I hope this helps do some research to verify.

Skaiwerd said:
That is a great find and a good sign of where the technology is headed. I’m going to definitely try this out over separate both sides of the handlebar set up. It looks like you are trying to connect a drone esc to a sensorless drone motor? I don’t think it’s the same as a normal Ebike throttle. One uses pause wave modulation the esc and the Ebike uses a variable voltage signal 0-just under 5v normally and uses a ground wire, power in, adjusted power out. I may not be entirely accurate in the wordage but trust me they are different. This has been done before and my use a hobby servo tester somehow.

I hope this helps do some research to verify.

I'll be using the leaf/ebay hub motor and the vesc6. i asked a couple people who know the vesc and they say it should work. it's 3 wires and seems to work like a regular throttle just with this you'd calibrate the throttle and brake at the neutral point between both throttle directions. from what i read you could even use a regular one-direction throttle and still do regen braking but it would have to be within the same single direction of throttle movement so when you let go of the throttle it would brake. That's not ideal and this allows coasting if you let go of the throttle and braking if you turn the throttle the other direction but otherwise no different. so i understand.

i got a bunch of them and will try as soon as they show and its in the mail already.

lunacycles say theyre going away from all straight hubs and instead will only sell mid-drives and maybe geared hubs. they said too many issues with hubs over-cooking and breaking. i wonder if that's the real reason or possibly some danger from when a straight hub shorts and locks up for a bit or something. but maybe hubs dont so much so short as blow through a short when it does happen and its a minor disturbance. the idea of straight hub on the front scares me.

Back