E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

50521823806_484d85943e_z.jpg

Gold in the hills

Theodore Voltaire said:
I've single handedly cornered the market on 24" Hook Worms.

If you become a 24" Hook Worms tire dealer, are you going to throw in free tassels with every order?

Theodore Voltaire said:
Pfft. Go for it. Crazy bobs for me, such a better tyre.

Popping back in here after a while away, nice to see the thread hit 700. Reviewing some of the earlier work I did in thinking through a race-format, since things have moved along a bit. Was chatting with a local collaborator yesterday who's got a private track lined up and some interest from our local MC club. Will progress some of the thinking for that in a separate thread over in E-vents, but its nice to drop in, see what this thread grew into after joining back on pg10.

QuietRush said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Pfft. Go for it. Crazy bobs for me, such a better tyre.

Popping back in here after a while away, nice to see the thread hit 700. Reviewing some of the earlier work I did in thinking through a race-format, since things have moved along a bit. Was chatting with a local collaborator yesterday who's got a private track lined up and some interest from our local MC club. Will progress some of the thinking for that in a separate thread over in E-vents, but its nice to drop in, see what this thread grew into after joining back on pg10.

Welcome back QR, its been a while. You still riding the Fighter?

Since you guys are the first eBike dudes I ever met, I always let you in on my secret biknut skunk werks projects first, you lucky bastards. I was really just going for the looks this time, but it works surprisingly well on my first and only so far 10 mile test ride.

This is a custom solo seat for a Super 73 ebike. Besides the look, I really enjoy how easy it is to get on and off of now, and sitting at a light is nicer too.

Super-73-seat.jpg

Rix said:
Welcome back QR, its been a while. You still riding the Fighter?

Thanks Rix, yes, has been a few years, I pop back in every now and then. Was riding the Fighter intermittently, motor carked it after the last EVFestival race I did and then life got in the way for a few years with 3 kids to wrangle. This was probably last Fighter related race shot in 2016:
Cp0Rd4LUMAArA1W

In the interim, contented myself with building large luminous sculptures to carry the kids around in, tried activating a local festival format. Details at https://www.lumenmotion.com/gallery.html but here's a sample:
8753622.jpg

Only just getting back now to taking a closer look at the Fighter now, been dusting it off today. in the process of doing so, found 4 brand new Maxxis Hookworms! Knew I still had some in stock, tucked away. I'd been keeping them for a cargo trike project but will need a large set of frame mods to do it, so will pop those up for sale soon.
EpFj7GsVoAIjC4g

As you'd expect, Fighter isn't charging after that kind of layoff, so some disassembly is going to be required. Shame, as it was a nearly new battery. Need to work out if its dropped below critical LV threshold.

QuietRush said:
EpFj7GsVoAIjC4g

As you'd expect, Fighter isn't charging after that kind of layoff, so some disassembly is going to be required. Shame, as it was a nearly new battery. Need to work out if its dropped below critical LV threshold.

I so envious, not of the bike, but the tires. :(

Theodore Voltaire said:
These guys catch on fast. They're using the picture of my bike I sent them on their website, and they added a video of a battery being built.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32921052191.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.20136686FpCgVy&algo_pvid=2872a1a5-fddf-4148-ba45-96d786ef20d6&algo_expid=2872a1a5-fddf-4148-ba45-96d786ef20d6-0&btsid=0ab6d59515820838792996322e7ce3&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Have any Aussie's imported this battery yet? I'm not sure about the rules for importing batteries into Australia.

PRW said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I got rid of my $400 dropper seat post for this new set up. This is way more comfy.
what seat is that, TV?

This is where I got it. You can buy just the front seat, you don't have to buy both pieces.

https://www.occaferacer.com/product-page/super-73-two-seater-cafe-seat

Theodore Voltaire said:
PRW said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I got rid of my $400 dropper seat post for this new set up. This is way more comfy.
what seat is that, TV?

This is where I got it. You can buy just the front seat, you don't have to buy both pieces.

https://www.occaferacer.com/product-page/super-73-two-seater-cafe-seat
Thanks - looks very comfy!

It's epic that there's so much support available in a thread like this. Beats the hell out of an instruction manual in seven languages.

I have not kept up, but if anyone has an older model with issues... Or a rig broken beyond the point that they want to repair it... I am willing to take something undesirable at a good price :D

I don't care if you roached the wiring harness, drilled holes all over it, laughed it out in the rain for a year, scraped it all up, stole a few pieces off of it. . . I'm fine with buying a project.

-methods

The weather was good enough today I got to go on only my second ride since installing my new seat. I'm really enjoying the ride now. This seat is very comfortable. The lower seat height is great for handling. I prefer the way my bike looks a lot better than a Hurricane, and even though it's not set up for optimum pedaling I can still do it in case I need to utilize the bicycle loophole. I can't really see myself ever going back to a bicycle seat set up again on this bike. I have other bikes for that.

New-seat-Super-73.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
The weather was good enough today I got to go on only my second ride since installing my new seat. I'm really enjoying the ride now. This seat is very comfortable. The lower seat height is great for handling. I prefer the way my bike looks a lot better than a Hurricane, and even though it's not set up for optimum pedaling I can still do it in case I need to utilize the bicycle loophole. I can't really see myself ever going back to a bicycle seat set up again on this bike. I have other bikes for that.

New-seat-Super-73.jpg

That seat looks old school good. Came off a 70s era mini bike. I like it.

Back