Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

i have controller em-100 and em-150
em-100 can connect program in computer but em-150 can't connect computer
i wiring rx-tx tx-rx GND same

Hi I need help (em200 settings with qs138)
I have a qs 138 mid drive motor paired with a em150sp, it ran for about 5 seconds and stopped, after 5 months of talking to Carrie from qs and her just sending me wiring diagrams saying have I wired it correctly I had the motor checked over by a motor rewiring company, he found it had a phase wire touching the casing inside and repaired it. The motor controller no longer works all Carrie has offered to do is give me a discount on a new em150sp $264 shipped!
I managed to get a em200 cheaper so thought it would be a good upgrade but it won’t turn the motor? It does a half turn and stops. I have been told it is incompatible with the motor but I have seen some of you have had success with it.
Do you have the settings I could try or is it truly incompatible or is my motor still faulty.
Thanks

Jonnyboy said:
Hi I need help (em200 settings with qs138)
I have a qs 138 mid drive motor paired with a em150sp, it ran for about 5 seconds and stopped, after 5 months of talking to Carrie from qs and her just sending me wiring diagrams saying have I wired it correctly I had the motor checked over by a motor rewiring company, he found it had a phase wire touching the casing inside and repaired it. The motor controller no longer works all Carrie has offered to do is give me a discount on a new em150sp $264 shipped!
I managed to get a em200 cheaper so thought it would be a good upgrade but it won’t turn the motor? It does a half turn and stops. I have been told it is incompatible with the motor but I have seen some of you have had success with it.
Do you have the settings I could try or is it truly incompatible or is my motor still faulty.
Thanks

I think you may have entered the wrong hall angle. Read the spec of the motor to be sure.

Is there anyway to make this setting work but in reverse direction (60 degrees). I’ve tried any other setting -60, exchange hall wire, exchange phase wire, none of it is able to reverse the direction normally. There a setting when it’s reverse (right direction) the hub motor is increasing speed without any throttle input.
5DABD5A2-A2E5-4B34-9A5D-EF9E2C675186.jpeg
Any help is appreciated...

bbbaaang said:
i have controller em-100 and em-150
em-100 can connect program in computer but em-150 can't connect computer
i wiring rx-tx tx-rx GND same

Make sure you check the right com port using device manager, and install the prolific driver.

Hey guys first time post, I have been reading page after page of this thread and still can not seem to make my votol em30 controler work, not sure why.
I have programmed it the hall sensor works( the program regestera rpm in display page) and all the program seems to be right but literally no sign of life from the controller.
I am not using it for a scotter application, so I have no input hocker up except the hall sensor the motor wires and the throttle control.... Can anyone tell me what other inputs it needs to make something happen. Really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance!

curlys said:
Hey guys first time post, I have been reading page after page of this thread and still can not seem to make my votol em30 controler work, not sure why.
I have programmed it the hall sensor works( the program regestera rpm in display page) and all the program seems to be right but literally no sign of life from the controller.
I am not using it for a scotter application, so I have no input hocker up except the hall sensor the motor wires and the throttle control.... Can anyone tell me what other inputs it needs to make something happen. Really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance!

Well, for starters you need to connect a battery or another power source.
There is one wire you have to connect to battery voltage to turn the controller on too.
Check if it is in park mode? (Shows P in the display screen)
That is how it is on a em150sp at least, I dont know about em30.

t
muy buenas chicos , tenemos el mismo problema
compramos un kit compuesto de un motor qs138 3000w, y un aEM150, ademas de un acelerador de puño
hemos instalado el motor etc , pero no consigo saber como conectar el USB , ademas de que cables hay que instalar minimamente para que el motor gire
si alguien conoce la respuesta por favor envieme sus comentarios

lucky33 said:
Hello everyone.
Who can help me fix motor hal and hall fault

has any one been able to solve this yet.... i have the same problem,
realy appreciate any help

curlys said:
lucky33 said:
Hello everyone.
Who can help me fix motor hal and hall fault

has any one been able to solve this yet.... i have the same problem,
realy appreciate any help

Hi there,

I had the same problem ... Hall fault and Motor Hall fault ... and I'm almost desperate. Some things are not logical with this controller and / or programming software. The manual is imperfect to say the least.

I have all!! Tried programming software (there are a lot) in the end I stayed with (EM_V3-sport-9 (1) .exe) It seems to be the newest !? May 2000.
At the end the engine was running and I was able to test different settings ... :D

What software do you use?
Which controller (em150?)
Which engine?
Which throttle (output voltage at 0 position !!?) .. and (full throttle)
What (exactly) does the monitor show when the wheel is turned in the direction of travel?
what is your config.ini?

maybe i can help

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the votol EM- 150. I have the controller powered and connected. I have the datalink connecter connected to my laptop. The program opens and connects to my bike perfectly fine; however, it seems like it's having a problem saving the parameters to the controller. Once I have imported the file I click the save parameters buttons, and it says "Write Successful." I'll turn the bike off and then back on again. When I connect the bike to the program it shows the old parameters. Ive repeated the process multiple times but keeps resetting to the old parameters.
**** This is not a wiring issue. Everything is wired correctly. It seems to be something with the controller. Once I swap the controller out it will work fine, but have many controllers with this problem. Thanks for the help! It s greatly appreciated.

Is it only if you are importing a file?
Maybe it is not compatible with your controller.

It can also happen if a setting is out of range, it looks like it is saved but when you read from the controller you get another value.
It can also be if it is not possible to change the setting, it seems to be like that for the throttle settings on some older controllers for example.

It happens when I try to import a file, and when I jut try to change one setting at a time. As soon as I turn the bike on without programming the controller, it operates fine. Then when I go to program it, the throttle stops working. It's still receiving throttle input in the program, but the actual bike itself wont move.

I've used the same computer for awhile now and programmed many bikes without any issues, so I wouldn't think its the computer.

I'm curious about the setting being out of range point you made. Which settings does this include? Even when I try to change an individual setting it will say write successful, but wont actually save.

I'm going to look into these controllers I have to see if they may be older. I really appreciate the reply. Such a great help!

Ok, it is probably a different issue then. I just recall that larsB have written that he cant change throttle settings on his older em150s controller. If I remember correctly there is a older program that dosent have throttle settings, instead there are settings for motor temp in that place.

If I try to set higher phase amps than possible, I get "write successful"
But if I disconnect and reconnect I get another value. In this case it wasent the old or the new, it was the actual max value between the old and new.

I think it is something similar in the hidden menu, if you tamper with temp limits. Or maybe it was just the opposite? It says out of range, but still save.

Hi guys. I recently received my second set of QS138 motor and EM150SP controller. The first one has ran perfect for one year, but this second one.... I am so frustrated right now..... :evil:

I will attach a thumbnail with the settings on page 2 that the controller arrved with. The flux weakenig numbers are insane. The motor runs fine, but does 6000rpm on 66V, which I do not want. It also will only limit the battery current to the number I type into the Sport mode current box. It ignores the setting on page 1, even if sport mode is not activated (I have wired up the reverse and sport switch, and also use the medium setting when none of the other are activated. I had to fool around a lot in the port settings menu to get them to play correct in the display window, and they are in different boxes than my other setup now. I have no idea why, but this seems to work). If I put normal numbers (3000 or lower field weakening), the motor either wont turn, or it works OK up to ~50% throttle, then it goes into overurrent state (I can see in the BMS that it draws more than 220A, so it is probably correct). Even if I just change the values in "HIGE" mode, the motor wont turn despite I am not actually using that mode (it is never ticked in the display window). Has anyone seen something like this before?? I have no idea what to do now :( It runs OK as it is, but I dont feel safe with these parameters, and the motor is connected to a gearbox that I really dont want to have the possibility to put 6000rpm into. I can not get the motor to run normal speeds....

Attachments

• IMG_21122020_232216_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg
    IMG_21122020_232216_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,288
  • IMG_21122020_232202_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg
    IMG_21122020_232202_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,287
  • IMG_21122020_232144_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg
    IMG_21122020_232144_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,287
Dual voltage setting is at ”low” and speed is 100% for the low voltage settings, changing this should fix some issues but all the other issues seem alarming.

I’d:
Ask QS for a fresh reprogramming file
If that doesn’t work
return the controller on warranty or try a reflash of the new controller with the file from your first controller

Thanks for the reply, Lars. I have sent a request for a new parameter file with correct setup. From the latest wiring drawing it looks like it has been 2 different versions of the EM150SP since last year when I bought my other controller.

I did try with the setup from my other controller, but it is not working very good. In the low/med/high settings (with 0 flux weakening and 180A bus bar), it doesnt pull very good. From the BMS I can read only 100-140A. Another "feature" is that it does not always want to start frm a standstill. When I move the vehicle a few cm, it starts to pull. Makes me think maybe it can be a hall fault? In sport mode (with 3000 flux weakening and 220A current) it pulls hard up to about 50% throttle, then goes into overcurrent protection, and I have to restart controller. Never had that happen with the other cotroller before.

Last response from customer support I did get a manual with some info I have not seen before. I will try to find a way to share it here. But I have attached a screenshot. I have always been thinking that the parameters I have circled in green ha something to do with the dual voltage setup, so I have just put them to be the same as the low voltage. But it seems like there is something else to it, at least the flux weakening right side boxes. When I try 100 and 1200 in the right flux weakening box for sport mode, I get different characteristic at full rpm in all other settings as well. When I change the numbers in the other right side boxes, it seems like I get some different results, but it is not possible to dial everything in by "feel" when I have no idea what the different boxes does.

If Nucular had units in stock I think they would get my money now, this is so frustrating.

Attachments

• page2.JPG
    page2.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 1,240
I've noticed a similar weirdness on em200, but I wasn't after limiting rpms. What's your hw/sw version (page 1)?

Bartosh said:
I've noticed a similar weirdness on em200, but I wasn't after limiting rpms. What's your hw/sw version (page 1)?

Argh, I just wrote a reply for you Bartosh, but managed to press the report instead of the quote button :cry: Hope it does not get any consequenses :oops:

Anyway,
My versions are 2.32 and 1.13. Same as my old setup. In the latest wiring drawing there are 2 different versions (not 3 like I stated before, the third was for a EM100SP). Before and after 2019. Maybe it is just the wiring harness that is different, and not the controller. That makes me believe that there are actually something wrong with either my motor or controller. It should work with the same parameters as my other setup. Will see if I can get to test the hall sensors soon...

HrKlev said:
Last response from customer support I did get a manual with some info I have not seen before. I will try to find a way to share it here.

I havent had the problems you describe, so I cant offer much help.
But it would sure be interesting if you could share the files you got. As usual it is not very clear what they mean, but it seems like there are some interesting unclear settings to look in to.

Thought there was a max file size of a couple hundred kb's, but maybe that is just for jpeg's? Does this work?

Attachments

• VOTOL EM Motor Controller Manual V3.1- by SiAECOSYS.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 256
  • 2020051958631297.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 239
Yeah. I spent a few hours trying to understand the stuff in the port settings menu, but I gave in and went back to the trial and error method to get the inputs to work as they should. If they could hire someone who understands both English and Chinese technical terms and provide better documentation it would be a huge upgrade.

HrKlev said:
Bartosh said:

Argh, I just wrote a reply for you Bartosh, but managed to press the report instead of the quote button :cry: Hope it does not get any consequenses :oops:
Ohh no, I'm really sorry, please un-report me (-;

I can try to help you after NYE, but this would involve uploading a fw I got = there's a chance it'll blow, ask me how I know it. PM me your ini anyway (save params opt. in the app).

If you think you have a hall-related problem, but your halls seem alright, I'd have a look at the rotor's axle nut and the hall board as well (misaligned? did you change the offset?). Anyway I suspect they did change the fw and just kept the version intact. Though, Em200 fw ver seem older.

This is so funny, with this pace i guess in about three years the manual will be halfway readable and contain most of the stuff you need :D

@hrklev: Now i think the reason to your issues are poorly implemented software changes on either Votol or QS side.

Interesting that the manual mentions the stall protection time:
B0AB8E74-2E4A-4A7E-9527-9BFA062B171B.jpeg
I bet this stall protection is what’s causing the cutouts hard driving people get.

Back