E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Battery is covered with glassfibre especially from bottom where biggest hit might come. Mounting is little rough but it works (metal band) and bottom there is steel rod going into from water hole

98EF9FCB-39D9-4CB6-9D05-F9A1F06092BD.jpeg

If you wonder why i have controller out from original place, reason is wet conditions in winter time. I replaced silixcon with nucular (i have both) and replaced also pas sensor to broken one for winter time. First winter i was able to damage pas and filling nucular with water when they were in org. place. This setup is allowing muddy rides with out problem.
If you wonder why freewheel is different than org. reason is that oneway bearing cannot work in cold temperatures (oper temp 5-50C), so i lock freewheel by machining dummy bearing. So now its charging battery when coming downhill and keeping noise all the time. But it is safe now that i know that there is no slipping of transmission.
If you wonder why i have only one back sprocket in cassette, reason is that when pedaling i noticed that there is so much power that i dont need other gears and also i was able to destroy shifters into rocks (2pcs NX). Now i have mod for chain tensioner made from old shifters. Also back of bike is much lighter with these mods

Hi, I have ran out of nickel strips so in the meantime I will have a go at a nucular update (display + controller)

Can someone share his settings with a recent version of nucular?

https://nucular.tech/firmware

last version:
- Display: 0.60b (mine is 0.57b)
- Controller 0.7.18 (mine: 0.7.9)

here my config file before testing in the field

Attachments

• NCCONF.7z
    2.8 KB · Views: 16
I‘m thinking of up-grading my front fork and rear suspension.
I like a nice smooth ride. No massive jumps, but soft over bumps and rocks.

What do you recommend? Is the fork we have tapered/single crown.
Actually very happy with the RST Stitch 36 air fork and DNM RCP2 rear shock.
Just wondering if it‘s worth investing in something better.

Joe said:

My recommendation is rockshok lyrik 2020. You get it good price it is perfect. Take best model of it (dumber 2.1)

Hi. Winter arrived and more snow and ice. So needed more grip. I made ice spikes from wronic screws. Tubeless settings. Tomorrow test drive. Lets see does it work. Swalbe ice pro didnt give enough.F3560E11-4FDB-4471-BF26-9BB6C5E76348.jpeg

Joe said:

@joe send pm can you check your box i have a question.

Ouch! Think this was the result of a square edge hit at speed riding up Tuggeranong Hill with Cowardly Duck a few weekends back. Tubeless and still holding pressure :shock:
IMG_20201228_144537_copy_1152x528.jpg

Mihei777 said:
Hi. Winter arrived and more snow and ice. So needed more grip. I made ice spikes from wronic screws. Tubeless settings. Tomorrow test drive. Lets see does it work. Swalbe ice pro didnt give enough.F3560E11-4FDB-4471-BF26-9BB6C5E76348.jpeg
why you take sticker of spezialized on you bike ?

Mihei777 said:
Joe said:

My recommendation is rockshok lyrik 2020. You get it good price it is perfect. Take best model of it (dumber 2.1)
Hi CD, You have the rockshox vivid shock on you bike, 200x57 what spring do you have? From many hours of searching and lots of spring calculators I came up with a 500lb spring. I weigh 82kg with the all the gear on. What spring have you got? The Lyrik ultimate RC2 looks like the right fork. Just found it on offer for 750€ 2021 model 2.1 charger 27.5 and 37mm offset. Pity it doesn‘t have a quick release, but I‘ll carry an allen key with me. Looks like the 2.8 tires just fit in.

Joe said:
Hi CD, You have the rockshox vivid shock on you bike, 200x57 what spring do you have? From many hours of searching and lots of spring calculators I came up with a 500lb spring. I weigh 82kg with the all the gear on. What spring have you got? The Lyrik ultimate RC2 looks like the right fork. Just found it on offer for 750€ 2021 model 2.1 charger 27.5 and 37mm offset. Pity it doesn‘t have a quick release, but I‘ll carry an allen key with me. Looks like the 2.8 tires just fit in.
I have the 180mm RockShox Lyrik RCT3 Debon Air 27.5. I left the stock spring in what ever that is, and have found it to be fine. I don't run very high pressure as I like smooth ride. Only managed to bottom them out a handful of times so far, usually when I do something stupid.
It came with another set of springs I think are firmer, but I won't bother with those.
Sometimes a built front wheel will come with a quick release...I think that's what happened in my case...or just order one separately.

Anyone received and installed their 15T sprocket yet? I have one order pending, and the last sprocket left if anyone wants it.

Cheers

briangv99 said:
Joe said:
What spring have you got?.

Hi Joe, I run a 550lb/in spring on my Fox DHX and I'm probably about 87kg with my riding gear on. Ride is plush but still won't bottom that much so 500lb/in at your weight sounds about right

IMG_20201230_113441_copy_528x1152.jpg
Cheers guys.
So these rear spring calculators are not so bad.
https://mrpbike.com/pages/spring-calculator

Almost ready!

lmx2.jpg
lmx3.jpg
lmx4.jpg

- As you can see with 2P more the battery is comparable in size with the original one.
- I will need to add padding to avoid it to move
- When I charged it I saw that the stock lmx charger charges only until 90% (which is good and Bad) which explains that I was in need for more Autonomy

1 Issue I encountered:

I have the Ant BMS version that you kick start with a cell (no power switch), The problem is that after charging the BT module went off and I had to jump start it again (and so I had to tear down the nice blue heatshrink....)
Any idea to avoid this to happen?

Next Up try with a XT90 (the connector compatible with the rack hasn't arrived yet)

The new battery is only 1kg more than the old one.

Mihei777 said:
If you wonder why i have controller out from original place, reason is wet conditions in winter time. I replaced silixcon with nucular (i have both) and replaced also pas sensor to broken one for winter time. First winter i was able to damage pas and filling nucular with water when they were in org. place. This setup is allowing muddy rides with out problem.
If you wonder why freewheel is different than org. reason is that oneway bearing cannot work in cold temperatures (oper temp 5-50C), so i lock freewheel by machining dummy bearing. So now its charging battery when coming downhill and keeping noise all the time. But it is safe now that i know that there is no slipping of transmission.
If you wonder why i have only one back sprocket in cassette, reason is that when pedaling i noticed that there is so much power that i dont need other gears and also i was able to destroy shifters into rocks (2pcs NX). Now i have mod for chain tensioner made from old shifters. Also back of bike is much lighter with these mods

Very nice mods, thanks for sharing.

iacei said:
...The new battery is only 1kg more than the old one.
Nicely done iacei! There's been lots of talk, but you're the first to actually do something like this. :)

It looks like there is lots of space to the side of the pack. I'm still keen to see/try cells in a vertical orientation at some point. Still keen for my 7P + 7P option! :)

Cheers

Just came back from my 1st test with the battery (even if its freezing 0°C): Eveything's great!

I have a steep hill for testing and with the stock battery to stay around 40Amps the motor had to slow down or cutoff (depending on the parameters) now it's withholding 70Amps without issues.

I am happy with the result!

Pricing: Cells + nickel + kapton Tape + heat shrink + 10AWG wires + Ant BMS + XT90 + cell holders
Around 350€ + 20hrs Labor

lmx1.jpg

Continuing the theme of big ass batteries, it occurred to me that a battery I already had sitting around might fit in the LMX frame, bearing in mind my frame is a large. Good news is it does actually just slide in with a bit of jiggling and manoeuvring with just enough space to clear the top shock mount after removing the Jumbo Shark mounting plate.

Weight is 6.26kg vs 4.5kg for the Jumbo Shark EM3EV 35E pack.

This is an EM3EV 14s9p triangle pack that, unfortnately, EM3EV no longer sell. I had to strip back the heat shrink and foam tape and recover this particular battery to get it to fit my other DH bike frame. While I had it stripped down I took a few photos.

EM3EC 14s9p LG MJ1.jpg
EM3EC 14s9p LG MJ1 (2).jpg
EM3EC 14s9p LG MJ1 (3).jpg
EM3EC 14s9p LG MJ1 (4).jpg

This is a handy increase in nominal capacity of 882mah to 1588mah.

Back