E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

😁 Holidays and 🍻🥴 New year's!
New controller suggestions?
Replaced Halls connector.phase wire connectors are good. Battery takes charge.
Cav3 lights up. Still no power too motor.
?????

Hello, I hope you are all well,

I know this isn't completely related, but with how busy I am in life, and with a changed financial situation, the time has come and I have decided to sell my Stealth FUTR Alpha.

The bike only has 3,234 Km's on it, and is in brilliant condition, it has a huge amount of custom parts on it, and is fitted with many of the best components available.

If you are interested or know anyone that may be, here is a link to the sale post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=109634
thankyou

FL bomber said:
?????

Without a doubt a Sabvoton 100 or 150.

Here's a look inside the secret biknut skunkwerks lab during the Super 73 seat transplant operation. No permanent damage was done to the bike. I had to redo my seat platform because the 1/4" board I used originally cracked after I tried to pick the bike up from the back of the seat. The concept was sound, but the materials used were lacking. This time I'm using 1/4" aluminum plate. The hole were the seat tube sticks up through the plate is drilled at the same angle as the seat tube.

20201229-143726.jpg

20201229-143741.jpg

20201229-192439.jpg

FL bomber said:
?????

It's a pity that after all this time someone hasn't made an upgraded controller for Stealth's.

I think that unless Stealth makes some significant changes soon we're all going to become orphans. Stealth no longer has the huge performance advantage they used to be able to rely on for sales. For starters they need to kiss the dirt bike market goodbye, because for less than half the price a mid drive Sur Ron is superior. Stealth needs to concentrate on their strengths and start going after the street bike market where big hub motors rule. Onyx RCR has come out of nowhere, and all of a sudden is fast becoming the new king, if not already, again for less than half the price.

I don't think all is lost though. Stealth still has a million dollar frame, and with the right street oriented styling, better looks than the RCR, or Sur Ron. Performance is already good enough, but offering some aftermarket performance mods would be a big plus for both sales, and revenue. I hope Stealth will be able to survive.

TV I have mates running 15KW set ups with sine wave controllers on their B52’s. Totally customisable through phone apps. Powered by the latest Stealth packs and UFO motors. The bikes are so punchy they’re scary.
Not sure what your referring to, (too many hours on that banana seat boy 😀)

White Knight said:
TV I have mates running 15KW set ups with sine wave controllers on their B52’s. Totally customisable through phone apps. Powered by the latest Stealth packs and UFO motors. The bikes are so punchy they’re scary.
Not sure what your referring to, (too many hours on that banana seat boy 😀)

Your mates, what's that like 3 or 4 people? So what, you don't need a Stealth to do that, you can do that to any big hubby. Plus you can buy plug and play to make a 80 mph Sur Ron, and they've only been around for what, 3 or 4 years? Performance is not the issue. What I'm talking about is survival. I'm worried Stealth isn't going to make it much longer because I don't see any evidence they're selling any bikes. This is based on the fact that after 12 years there's like 5 or 10 independent YouTubes featuring any Stealth. OTOH after less than 4 years there's about nine million nine hundred and ninety nine bizillion videos of Sur Ron's, and RCRs already.

So what's the answer? Start marketing more toward where most of the potential buys are, the street. Do like everyone else is doing, have a granny power button to make it legal, and a Ludacris power button for "off road use only". Offer fenders, and lighting. Custom seats. More popular wider street oriented rims, and tires. A better display would be nice too. These are all easy options for a factory to offer. I would also suspend production of all models except the flagship Bombers. As production picks up maybe start bringing back other models.

I have to admit though, Stealth does have the greatest eBike zombie movie ever made. No one is ever going to top that.

ps, I forgot to mention, a nice line of custom leather streamers would be good too.

Where I am in Australia if you get caught riding on the street you get an official warning sent to you in writing. If you get caught again you loose your drivers license for some months, $1500 fine and bike confiscated until your court case. Local police say Stealth are quoted as saying Bombers and Fighters are not legal on the street. For Stealth to stay relevant moving forward in my opinion they need to be set up to be registered and insured for street use.

Are stealth controllers stock crystalyte infineon 18fet 60A ? They're really cheap..Any reason to buy at extra cost through stealth ?

FL bomber said:
Are stealth controllers stock crystalyte infineon 18fet 60A ? They're really cheap..Any reason to buy at extra cost through stealth ?

I don't know what kind they are, but mine is 65 amp. It came from the factory with the ca set to 60 amp. If I had to buy one I'd look for an 80 amp. Our 35ah battery's can handle 80 amps

White Knight said:
Where I am in Australia if you get caught riding on the street you get an official warning sent to you in writing. If you get caught again you loose your drivers license for some months, $1500 fine and bike confiscated until your court case. Local police say Stealth are quoted as saying Bombers and Fighters are not legal on the street. For Stealth to stay relevant moving forward in my opinion they need to be set up to be registered and insured for street use.

The riding situation in Australia really sucks WK, I feel for you guys. I think that's a good reason for Stealth to make the bikes easier to register, like you mention. It really wouldn't be that hard to do, and that would help sales is the US a lot, although most of us aren't going to bother unless we have to.

If a little stinky company like Onyx motorbikes can make their bike registerable, I don't see why Stealth can't do it. I found out that I actually could register my bike in Texas if I wanted to bad enough. All I would have to do is pass inspection which would involve adding legal lights, and a horn. If I show that my bike passed inspection, I can ask the DMV to provide a title with a vin number. I could do that, but most potential buyers probably wouldn't be too wild about having to figure out how to do it. If the bike already came that way from the factory it would be a big plus.

Stealth still has a million dollar frame, and with the right street oriented styling, better looks than the RCR, or Sur Ron. Performance is already good enough, but offering some aftermarket performance mods

Like oem tassels?? :?: :lol:

Love your Strokers pics TV, thats got to be one of the coolest places in Dallas/Fort Worth area. I have not spent much time there, maybe that will change in the future.

Rix said:
Love your Strokers pics TV, thats got to be one of the coolest places in Dallas/Fort Worth area. I have not spent much time there, maybe that will change in the future.

Dallas has a lot new micro brewery's around town. This one is called 3 Nations Brewery, and it's about 3 miles from my house. Strokers sells booze, but all their beer is just regular commercial beer. The micro brewery's sell high octane brews up to 10.0 hic. This place is bike friendly, and seems like they must be aware of Strokers because they have a similar operation with both indoor, and outdoor tables. My son and I like to ride our bikes right up to the table and they don't make us wear a mask outside. On the weekends they get packed and have a band playing in the evening.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:

Dallas has a lot new micro brewery's around town. This one is called 3 Nations Brewery, and it's about 3 miles from my house. Strokers sells booze, but all their beer is just regular commercial beer. The micro brewery's sell high octane brews up to 10.0 hic. This place is bike friendly, and seems like they must be aware of Strokers because they have a similar operation with both indoor, and outdoor tables. My son and I like to ride our bikes right up to the table and they don't make us wear a mask outside. On the weekends they get packed and have a band playing in the evening.
That brewery sounds great! But don't limit yourself, keep up with the Strokers pics.

Odogster... Can you snap a photo of your bomber with the 72150. Like to see how it fits on the frame size wise. Are you still utilizing the cav3?
Thanks 👍

You mentioned controller and Sabvoton controllers are most used controllers for hub motors on any brand ebikes which have hub motors ranging 2kw-3kw, 9kg-13kg in weight.

FL bomber said:
Odogster... Can you snap a photo of your bomber with the 72150. Like to see how it fits on the frame size wise. Are you still utilizing the cav3?
Thanks 👍

Sure will do. Unfortunately I can no longer utilize the cav3 the sabvotons aren’t compatible as far as I could find. However, the MQCON app that allows for all sorts of configuration options far outweigh the slight advantages the stock display has over the sabvoton ones. It’s incredible how customizable everything is using that Bluetooth app.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Does anyone have experience using this kind of controller on a Stealth?

https://www.kellycontrollers.eu/kls7230s

Hi TV,
There is a guy named Andy Kirby with a YouTube channel who has done videos on multiple types of controllers, including a Kelly, mostly on a stealth clone but you still may be able to glean something useful from him if you search for his channel.

OK guys I’m hoping someone can clear something up for me here. I found a few places on the web that say they have utilized a Shinko 244 or 241 size 19” x 2.75” tire on the stock rim with the motor laced to it. I ordered one and have brought it to 2 places to install (couldn’t get it myself) and they have both said it’s too small. Am I missing something here? How do you get one of those tires on the stock rear rim? Does one need a different rim?

Back