Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

3DTOPO said:
sc-surfer said:
OK just being that the tire will stay on the rim. At that psi I've not had any issues. As for spinning and not breaking a seal, I'm skeptical, but maybe.

If you really need to run such low pressure, "Tubliss" is probably better for you - supposedly you can run all the way down to 0, though I've never used it.

[youtube]SUpqm8O6kOc[/youtube]

the Tubeliss system gets great reviews from the guys running it. Only downside for it is that it's pretty expensive, and adds a lot of weight. More weight than a tube.

smdub said:
3DTOPO said:
Yeah, because we don't know where you live/ride, your riding style, skill, etc, Should always unquestionably trust every patronizing stranger on the internet :roll:

I reported that it worked for me, then you say “can’t hurt to try". Perhaps you meant that it can’t hurt for you to try. I know it didn’t hurt for me to try.

Look I just came here to share my experience and a tip or two. I did not come here to fight or argue.

sc-surfer said:
No doubt. It's cool that it's been working. We now have a baseline for 'ghetto' tubeless (no insult intended, I'm just calling the gorilla tape tubeless system that. I run it on my MTB and works great.) Obviously at 12psi its trouble free for the riding you do. For me at least, I want to run lower pressure. It remains to be see how low we can go with this setup. I'll give it a go on my new front wheel once the tire comes in and see if it'll work at my 8-10 psi range. Only way to know is to try.

Now that I can fill it up without a strap I’ll probably try running at a lower pressure. I think a CO2 cartridge should be enough to inflate it too which, if true, will definitely inspire confidence to experiment.

It'd be pretty slick if a co2 pump would be all you needed to carry for the time the seal popped. That'd make the tubeless setup a no brainer.

I don't mean to argue either. I meant can't hurt for anyone to try. A bottle of Stans is cheap.

It would be good to hear more feedback from users doing it I've ordered 17" supermoto wheels that I'm going to put dirt tires on and see if I can lower a SurRon enough for my kid to ride (sort of a DIY Segway X160.) Might give it a go there.

Dirt E bikes now available from walmart.com .. 8) :bolt:

walmart.com/ip/Segway-Dirt-eBike-x160-for-Adults-First-Electric-Dirt-Bike-by-Segway/941929408

the rEVolution continues! soon a dirt E bike in every garage:)..

3DTOPO said:
It's is the stock wheel, not sure what you mean about safety thing.

Ok thanks for the details. the safety thing is the extra ridge they put on some moto wheels to retain the bead on a tubeless setup. obviously not necessary with your setup.

I didnt know that rim pins can be used until i saw some old rims on ebay that had pins to secure the tires from spinning and this at buchanan

www.buchananspokes.com/products/product_image.asp?img=rim-pins-lg.jpg

Hi guys, I’ve been upgrading my Sur Ron steadily and have hit a road block on suspension.

I bought a 2021 fox 40 and discovered the upper triple clamp has changed (2020 fit ok iirc). Does anyone know of a compatible upper triple clamp that has a negative drop to avoid bottoming out?

I also need a zero stack headset, any recommendations for the strongest one available?

Lastly, I plan on doing rear suspension as well but am woefully ignorant in that area as well. Thinking ohlins but matching with fox 40 would look nice if I could find the needed bushings.

Thanks In advance!

The pictures of the 2021 I can find have a top clamp that droops down at the tubes vs the older flat one I have. You want it to go up? Can you just flip it over?

You want low stack height on top or bottom (or both?) The upgraded taper bearing adds nothing to the bottom as it fits inside the head tube but raises the top about 20mm. The only other options I know about are the old original ones and Cane Creek upgrade. I've been thinking about lower handlebars for the kid and thought about mixing the tapered bottom bearing (where all the big forces are) and using the Cane Creek (or old stock one) on the top. That would give the shortest head tube. Basically a zero stack setup.

ropower86 said:
Has anyone upgraded a Segway x160 battery? I'm buying one tomorrow. Need to know before I buy.

Seems expensive, unless you were planning to change the controller and battery anyway. The x260 is much better for not much more.

ropower86 said:
Has anyone upgraded a Segway x160 battery? I'm buying one tomorrow. Need to know before I buy.
Its about $1900 shipped for a bigger battery and matching charger. What sort of killer deal are you getting on a X160?!?

The killer deal is $2500, I had to drive 6 hours to get it so I just decided to hold off. I want to buy an x160 for at least $1200 but I am not going to pay $2500 tho.

Awesome!

https://grabcad.com/3dscanx-1/model...gQcPui5CCRg0_8Loqbubp9isFKfPegxQGktqhgs51C3Qw

surron.png

Slick new Sondors street-bike announced.
https://sondorsx.com/pages/metacycle
https://electrek.co/2021/01/14/sondors-unveils-80-mph-commuter-electric-motorcycle-that-is-actually-affordable/

Odometer jump? Anyone have their sur ron odometer jump? I sware on everything i checked my odometer yesterday after a ride to see how far i had ridden all together... it said 540mi, i always check it and know exactly how many miles i put on it. i plugged it in at the battery but forgot to plug it in at the wall till this morning (idk if that did anything) today i was riding it and it seemed a bit slower maybe showing about 4mph lower than i usually get... when i got home i checked the odometer to see how far this ride was and it says 880!! 880!! And its still in mph not km! Its like it switched to km from mi but when i switch back to km and back to mi its just staying the same! Wtf!?!?

I picked up a set of original (new) Sur-Ron wheels, from a guy who put smaller motard wheels on the bike.

I have a question regarding the front hub - it is only 80mm. I wanted to use it temporarily in a fork with 110mm spacing while another front wheel is laced up. Are there some spacers that make up the difference?

Yes. Most all 20mm hubs have spacers to adapt to the forks. The ones for the front SurRon hub are sold separately via Luna. Guy might have used them for his SM wheels or they just got lost. They are only held in via o-rings.

You need 2 of these:
https://lunacycle.com/segway-sur-ron-x260-missing-axle-bushing/

Edit: I see you are in NZ so Luna prob not your best distributor;)

smdub said:
Yes. Most all 20mm hubs have spacers to adapt to the forks. The ones for the front SurRon hub are sold separately via Luna. Guy might have used them for his SM wheels or they just got lost. They are only held in via o-rings.

You need 2 of these:
https://lunacycle.com/segway-sur-ron-x260-missing-axle-bushing/
excellent, thanks for the help, smdub

for the moto heads :
Sur Ron Hydraulic / Regen Rear Foot Brake kit :
ebike.ntc-tech.com

for the pedal pushers :
pedal kit attached to peg mount not swingarm, and propels the bike..
kaniwaba.com

for the belt drivers :
Gates off-road mud shedding hollow belt pulleys..
gates.com/mobility
https://electrek.co/2020/11/24/gates-mudport-innovation-belt-drives-off-road-electric-motorcycles/

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
for the moto heads :
ebike.ntc-tech.com

for the pedal pushers :
kaniwaba.com

for the belt drivers :

gates.com/mobility

Very cool stuff!!!

Has anyone figured out how to get the Gates mud port system onto a Sur Ron??

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
for the moto heads :
ebike.ntc-tech.com

for the pedal pushers :
kaniwaba.com

for the belt drivers :
gates.com/mobility
https://electrek.co/2020/11/24/gates-mudport-innovation-belt-drives-off-road-electric-motorcycles/

Wow, those are all very nice.

Back