Electric 450 CRF conversion.

Arlo1

1 TW
I have not spent as much time on ES as I used to. I have been busy with many things. One of them has been this bike.
About 2 years ago I picked up a 2005 CRF 450 with a rod sticking out of the cases. From there I started figuring out how I was going to make a fast and fun to ride Electric MX. I 3d printed about 5 jackshaft housings until I got a design I liked and 3d printed a jackshaft just to see how my design works out. I then found a Zero SR IPM R motor and took a sevcon Gen 4 size 6 off of another bike. I was able to find a 2018 Zero Longbrick from Hollywood electrics. I had to cut and widen and weld the frame to fit the battery in. My goal was to keep the motor and battery as low in the chassis as I could. Anyways. I will post all the build videos and try to add some info to this later.
[youtube]L3StoDtKSj8[/youtube]

Here is the second build video

[youtube]5cAxiCDpO3k[/youtube]

And the 3rd

[youtube]KSYqSI8tVhQ[/youtube]

and the 4th

[youtube]FkxmTNDrCuA[/youtube]

the first Test ride.

IN this video it only had 48rwhp.

[youtube]fdM-8j1139U[/youtube]

and some time on my dyno.

[youtube]ohDflx2XmAQ[/youtube]

hehe, I drop by to see if there is anything interesting (to me at least) & I find My old friend Arlo1 still Building cool stuff.
Bravo brother. I needed this today.

Thud said:
hehe, I drop by to see if there is anything interesting (to me at least) & I find My old friend Arlo1 still Building cool stuff.
Bravo brother. I needed this today.

Thud! How the hell are you? Have not herd from you in a while! Hope you are doing well.

Nice, very similar to my plans for the yamaha build :thumb:

Setting up the sevcon looks easy for you, it seems like it is not for most people :wink:
I am struggeling with the controller choice myself, it is hard to find a good powerful controller if not going the sevcon direction.

thepronghorn said:
Hi Thud and Arlo1! Cool dirtbike Arlo1. How much does it weigh?
Thanks man.
About 25 lbs more then a factory 450. I need to weigh it once the 3d printed parts are on it.

Yeah some of us stick around for the quality builds 🙂.
Glad you're still here Thud!

Not sure what happened but the video links were not working. I clicked the edit button then save and they showed back up...

Non the less I have a new video I am putting together today. Getting close.

Latest update.

[youtube]ksusQIW0xOw[/youtube]

Back