New build imput

Grendelkhan

10 µW
Hello all. I have been lurking now for a bit and decided to go in and build myself an EEB. I have read much on this site and there is a great wealth of information here. I have a budget of 3500, I have my parts list and would like some input from all of you out there. Yes, I plan on building a fast bike. I have my MC DL, and will not be a manic out there. I have just started ordering my parts. I am getting a Qublix frame (they are on sale), asI BAC 4000 controller, Dnm usd-8a forks, SHIMANO DEORE M4100/MT420 brakes, a cheapie android LG journey phone that I picked up for 25 bucks as a display, and other assorted stuff. I will be mostly on street and plan on supermoto stuff on tracks. I am 6'3 and 200 lbs, blond, and like chicks with a nicer personality. I was thinking of a qs273 motor anywhere from 5000 to 8000 watts, I'd like to get 17 moped rims( a good site for those would be great as the usual guy John is apparently not carrying them anymore), good motorcycle tires for said rims (suggestion and sites are welcome), and suggestion on battery builders and size with links would be great too, I am thinking at least 72 volt 50ah. Thank you all for your time and input. Cheers.
Joshua.

Grendelkhan said:
...SHIMANO DEORE M4100/MT420 brakes...

...I'd like to get 17 moped rims( a good site for those would be great as the usual guy John is apparently not carrying them anymore), good motorcycle tires for said rims (suggestion and sites are welcome)...

A big guy on a light e-moto should use a current 4-piston caliper with finned pads/rotor.

Qulbix takes 19" wheel, and I certainly wouldn't go any smaller. Buchanan's has light&strong dimpled Excel WM2 and WM3 rims in 19", and will build a complete wheel if you send them your hub/motor.

Plenty of street moto tires in 19". Qulbix sells cheap 3", 90/90, and 70/100 tires, so a good DOT directional radial in 3.25" would be best. 100/90 are heavier.

Grendelkhan said:
/MT420 brakes,

Well I can comment on those M420 brakes. I installed these on my first E build and running with 203mm F/R.. These brakes have amazing stopping power. Also have the MT2000s on another E bike and there’s no comparison. They’re definitely good brakes for the price range and then being Shimano. I can lock the rear tire with ease and same for the front, got to be careful because you can Endo quick lol

Thank you for the input and the links. I will be picking up the better brakes and think that the 19 inch rims would be great as well.

Back