E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Odogster   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 45
Joined: Sep 11 2020 11:16pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Odogster » Jan 13 2021 3:57pm

OK guys I’m hoping someone can clear something up for me here. I found a few places on the web that say they have utilized a Shinko 244 or 241 size 19” x 2.75” tire on the stock rim with the motor laced to it. I ordered one and have brought it to 2 places to install (couldn’t get it myself) and they have both said it’s too small. Am I missing something here? How do you get one of those tires on the stock rear rim? Does one need a different rim?

Odogster   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 45
Joined: Sep 11 2020 11:16pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Odogster » Jan 13 2021 4:42pm

Odogster wrote:
Jan 13 2021 3:52pm
FL bomber wrote:
Jan 12 2021 7:48pm
Odogster... Can you snap a photo of your bomber with the 72150. Like to see how it fits on the frame size wise. Are you still utilizing the cav3?
Thanks 👍
Sure will do. Unfortunately I can no longer utilize the cav3 the sabvotons aren’t compatible as far as I could find. However, the MQCON app that allows for all sorts of configuration options far outweigh the slight advantages the stock display has over the sabvoton ones. It’s incredible how customizable everything is using that Bluetooth app.
Attachments
5C593452-8888-471C-964E-B695BADCD552.jpeg
5C593452-8888-471C-964E-B695BADCD552.jpeg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 105 times
278CA19F-0972-417D-B8A8-0907E7DE51F2.jpeg
278CA19F-0972-417D-B8A8-0907E7DE51F2.jpeg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 105 times

User avatar
Allex   1 GW

1 GW
Posts: 3272
Joined: Dec 05 2011 8:46am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Allex » Jan 13 2021 6:16pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Jan 13 2021 10:49am
Does anyone have experience using this kind of controller on a Stealth?

https://www.kellycontrollers.eu/kls7230s
Sure, installing this one now
https://www.qsmotor.com/product/kelly-c ... -kls7218s/

Will connect it to the CA as well with this schematic:
viewtopic.php?t=84739
Sabvotons are way to bulky

Theodore Voltaire   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 13 2021 7:13pm

Allex wrote:
Jan 13 2021 6:16pm
Theodore Voltaire wrote:
Jan 13 2021 10:49am
Does anyone have experience using this kind of controller on a Stealth?

https://www.kellycontrollers.eu/kls7230s
Sure, installing this one now
https://www.qsmotor.com/product/kelly-c ... -kls7218s/

Will connect it to the CA as well with this schematic:
viewtopic.php?t=84739
Sabvotons are way to bulky
Thanks a lot Allex

FL bomber   100 W

100 W
Posts: 170
Joined: Feb 12 2016 12:57pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by FL bomber » Jan 13 2021 8:17pm

Thanks odogster..
Odogster wrote:
Jan 13 2021 4:42pm
Odogster wrote:
Jan 13 2021 3:52pm
FL bomber wrote:
Jan 12 2021 7:48pm
Odogster... Can you snap a photo of your bomber with the 72150. Like to see how it fits on the frame size wise. Are you still utilizing the cav3?
Thanks 👍
Sure will do. Unfortunately I can no longer utilize the cav3 the sabvotons aren’t compatible as far as I could find. However, the MQCON app that allows for all sorts of configuration options far outweigh the slight advantages the stock display has over the sabvoton ones. It’s incredible how customizable everything is using that Bluetooth app.

User avatar
amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 31068
Joined: Aug 17 2009 6:43am
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group
Contact:

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by amberwolf » Jan 13 2021 8:33pm

Odogster wrote:
Jan 13 2021 3:52pm
Unfortunately I can no longer utilize the cav3 the sabvotons aren’t compatible as far as I could find.
The CA's are all compatible with all DC-powered devices, however, you may need to install an external shunt between battery and controller to measure current, if the controller you wish to use doesnt' have it's internal shunt wired out to an external connector.

YOu can buy those from Grin Tech prewired for the CA's typically-used connectors, or you can buy one elsewhere and wire it up yourself to the appropriate type of connector for your specific CA.

In any case, whether you use the controller's internal shunt or an exernal one, you need to know the new shunt resistance in milliohms, so you can change your CA's settings to match that, so the current readings are correct.

FL bomber   100 W

100 W
Posts: 170
Joined: Feb 12 2016 12:57pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by FL bomber » Jan 14 2021 9:56am

amberwolf wrote:
Jan 13 2021 8:33pm
Odogster wrote:
Jan 13 2021 3:52pm
Unfortunately I can no longer utilize the cav3 the sabvotons aren’t compatible as far as I could find.
The CA's are all compatible with all DC-powered devices, however, you may need to install an external shunt between battery and controller to measure current, if the controller you wish to use doesnt' have it's internal shunt wired out to an external connector.

YOu can buy those from Grin Tech prewired for the CA's typically-used connectors, or you can buy one elsewhere and wire it up yourself to the appropriate type of connector for your specific CA.

In any case, whether you use the controller's internal shunt or an exernal one, you need to know the new shunt resistance in milliohms, so you can change your CA's settings to match that, so the current readings are correct.
👍 Thanks for the info

FL bomber   100 W

100 W
Posts: 170
Joined: Feb 12 2016 12:57pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by FL bomber » Jan 14 2021 9:58am

I'm thinking of pre-ordering power velocities 24fet.

FL bomber   100 W

100 W
Posts: 170
Joined: Feb 12 2016 12:57pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by FL bomber » Jan 14 2021 10:24am

FL bomber wrote:
Jan 14 2021 9:58am
I'm thinking of pre-ordering power velocities 24fet.
I mean the Next Gen FOC controller.

Theodore Voltaire   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 14 2021 11:01am

FL bomber wrote:
Jan 14 2021 10:24am
FL bomber wrote:
Jan 14 2021 9:58am
I'm thinking of pre-ordering power velocities 24fet.
I mean the Next Gen FOC controller.
That looks like a good one FL. It says it has, "Adjustable magnetic flux weakening for higher speeds and efficiency" I don't know anything about it, but it sounds interesting.

http://powervelocity.com/home/55-24f-15 ... mable.html

Theodore Voltaire   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 14 2021 4:43pm

This is the antenna deployed, but the cloaking turned off. The second picture is with it activated.

Image

Image

Theodore Voltaire   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sep 26 2013 11:41pm
Location: Dallas

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jan 14 2021 7:25pm

Man you got to check this bike out. Storm Sondors just blew up the eMotorcycle market. $5000



6BG8fFma6nM&feature=emb_title
Last edited by Theodore Voltaire on Jan 14 2021 8:23pm, edited 1 time in total.


Odogster   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 45
Joined: Sep 11 2020 11:16pm

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Odogster » Jan 15 2021 6:20pm

Anyone know about the Shinko issue I mentioned above. I’m stuck with a couple of Shinko tires and wound up ordering Razorbacks

Post Reply