Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Something goes wrong with me. When I press the remote control, the motor can rotate the slider on the screen. When you press the calibration, on the third screen for some reason there is no additional window. There is only a temperature window. And when you go to this third screen, the motor stops. Am I doing something wrong, or my software does not allow me to do the synchronization calibrator?
7.jpg
8.jpg

...added

when I rotate the engine with the slider on the screen, then move all the way to the right, the motor runs stably up to maximum rpm of 4400, but when I switch to control from the throttle stick, it starts to crash at 4300 ...

...added
wow, I saw the right menu)
when the switch is at low speed and maximum speed, I see such a number (shown in the picture)
what should I do next? adjust the parameters so that it is in the range of 100-200? and where to save the result?

9p.jpg

https://youtu.be/HEzUUuL9BTA

if there is a check, then you can select L M H and S mode.

I'm already in calibration mode. in the picture above, at a rotation speed of 4311 rpm, the parameter Q# is 1492. But I was informed earlier that it should be in the range of 100-200.

For the calibration mode, click twice on "switch"! Then you can set your "200" !!!

Can you see / read? :roll:

-show error box is of no use (dont touch)
-switch box changes between 3 (three) displays:
1.RPM, volts, current
2.RPM, Qvolt, Dvolt
3.RPM, Qcurrent, Dcurrent

-Qvolt should be between 2000-3000 at hall right sync
-Qcurrent should be optimal 200 at high RPM

If Q values dont change while moving weak flux cal and curr cal them use RESET and CALIBRATION button..
*After you have it calibrated use calibration button and SAVE PARAM button

PM for the bin.. salute

And dont forget to put the right value on flux weakening sport mode RIGHT BOX (100-1200) usually 320

Controller setup succeeded). The motor rotates without load stably in all modes. I am glad. There will be more settings when working with the load. Thanks for the help. )

Hey Guys, I just read the 51 page thread and I see some frustration and great suggestions. My issue didn't seem to be covered. My EM150 is being seen by v3 software as a EM30 and refuses to accept any new settings. Oddly I can see a few settings I know I entered like the phase angle but sadly I can connect, read the settings but can't write any settings. Is anyone aware of a way to reset this? Or perhaps have the BIN file mentioned in the documentation?

4.1 update ECU program.
4.1.1 connect the serial port line and the upper computer and controller successfully.
4.1.2 open the "bin" file, select the bin file and download it. The prompt "CCC The last digit of "d" shows "d", indicating that the download is successful. Serial port line is divided into the following models: em-30 ~ em-150 general, em-200, em-300, ca

Tom on 101 said:
Hey Guys, I just read the 51 page thread and I see some frustration and great suggestions. My issue didn't seem to be covered. My EM150 is being seen by v3 software as a EM30 and refuses to accept any new settings. Oddly I can see a few settings I know I entered like the phase angle but sadly I can connect, read the settings but can't write any settings. Is anyone aware of a way to reset this. Or perhaps have the BIN file mentioned in the documentation.

4.1 update ECU program.
4.1.1 connect the serial port line and the upper computer and controller successfully.
4.1.2 open the "bin" file, select the bin file and download it. The prompt "CCC The last digit of "d" shows "d", indicating that the download is successful. Serial port line is divided into the following models: em-30 ~ em-150 general, em-200, em-300, ca
When you log in, what is the Software and Hardware (SW: and HW:) displayed on page 1. From what I have read, there appears to be some incompatible hardware firmware and software out their.

Hello everyone. After a couple of hours reading here, I still have a bunch of questions. First of all my setup:
Votol EM50S with an unknown 2kw motor

shr4isCZqwwckvFHA

iCxRCXMmdVqzgi2C6

UBetemE7Kic6ngsj6

2uxNA1YV662ogVYu7

Edit: Maybe it works like that?

Page1
Page2
Page3
Display

As you might have realized, when I connect the software, it oddly "detects" an EM100. However, this is not my problem (at the moment):

The motor runs seriously noisy. On the original stock controller it was completely silent. So I assume a calibration is necessary. I followed the instructions posted by smotors » Jan 08 2021 9:21am (the youtube video), but I am not able to enter the calibration mode by any means. It simply does nothing, after I copied the "set compare value check" from the line below and erased the error_count. I use the latest software version that can be found on http://www.siaecosys.com/list/?classid=102, but tried with the one from the dropboxlink here in the thread as well.

An other question (yes, I am aware that asking 2 different questions in one post is a high risk, but I do it anyway): There is a serious warning on the user manual about using regenerative braking on LiIon batteries and frying the FETs. Due to I intend to use this controller at 60V (17S) batteries, I get a bit worried. My first non load tests on the main stand already gave a result of 85V when using the brake. Any thoughts on this?

rbarrow said:
Tom on 101 said:
Hey Guys, I just read the 51 page thread and I see some frustration and great suggestions. My issue didn't seem to be covered. My EM150 is being seen by v3 software as a EM30 and refuses to accept any new settings. Oddly I can see a few settings I know I entered like the phase angle but sadly I can connect, read the settings but can't write any settings. Is anyone aware of a way to reset this. Or perhaps have the BIN file mentioned in the documentation.
When you log in, what is the Software and Hardware (SW: and HW:) displayed on page 1. From what I have read, there appears to be some incompatible hardware firmware and software out their.
Thanks for taking a look, SW 2.32, HW 1.1

Set1v3.png

...to enter the calibration mode, you need to remove 0, and with the key pressed " Shift", press twice " ~ "
about regenerative braking.
During the tests, did you use a battery or other current source? The battery protection system will not damage it.

Dear smotors,
thank you very much for your reply. I will try the software part later today (just woke up :wink: ).

About my power source: I used a fully charged 17s battery, which prevents the cells being charged when the charging level is between 100% and around 80%. This means, that the energy that gets produced when the brake signal is triggered to the controller, gets not "absorbed" by the battery. Accordingly the voltage on the rest of the bike rises. The stock controller had a detection for this behavior and only "generated" that much power, that the voltage on the bike never went above 70V. Due to the Votol controller does not has this function, the warning in the manual makes sense if you operate the controller on a 72V battery, for which it is designed (which will assumingly get the voltage of the system up to 100V or even more). So my worries do not go with the FETs of the battery controller (although they might not be happy with this condition either), but the ones in the Votol (as described/mentioned in the user manual).
However: due to I operate the controller on 60V (17s), I hope that the voltage of 85V might not be nice but still safe for the FETs, due to a 20s battery would need a Voltage of 84V for charging anyway and I can't imagine that this 1V is immediately frying the whole thing.
To get back to the point: my hope is simply, that I misunderstood this warning and there are countless of people out there, who use regen on a 72V system on their bikes without causing any damage. Feedback about this very much appreciated :D

Tom on 101 said:
rbarrow said:
Tom on 101 said:
Thanks for taking a look, SW 2.32, HW 1.1

Set1v3.png
You note 1.1, although your HW states 1.13, which is the latest firmware. If that is the case, your software and hardware firmware look up to date. Now, it does not appear that your device is locked, so I assume you can change it to the correct Votol controller and as you note, make any other updates. You look to have the port open and connected. When you Write Param, what kind of error are you getting. When you connect to the controller, you will see whatever was setup in the controller from whomever you purchased it from. These controllers can be customized to do whatever you want and apparently the last person who programmed it put some incorrect stuff in there. This may seem obvious but you did hit the Connect button, after selecting the Open one.

Russ

Thank you Russ. Yes I'm connected well and when I write Pram it says successful but it does not really accept the change. After writing the pram and exiting the program, the next time I load the program and connect it shows the EM30 settings. I've tried multiple ways but it just doesn't want to write the pram. I think if I had the update mentioned in the manual it could be a possible fix. Tried writing in calibration mode but no luck. All versions of the software do this but I'm trying this right now on the newest version that has the check sum windows, which also indicates a mismatch.

Hello again.
Yes, somehow I missed the instructions on page 50 - calibration mode works now. I have (hopefully?) determined the correct value for the flux weakening and now I struggle to use this knowledge.

Display-calibration.gif

Yes, the throttle is not 100%, but there is no difference if I move it more to the max. However, I know that I need to use this determined value somehow on page 2. But reading page 50 of this thread again and again, I am still clueless - especially when it comes to the jitter and how to determine this value.

Page2-calibration.gif

Please correct me, what I think wrong:
On page 2 the "flux weakening compensation" setting should be set to the determined value of the calibration, right (in this care from 60 to 12)?

Then we have that "Flux weakening value" in Sport mode, Mid and Hige (=high?). The left value is flux, the right jitter. And here I struggle, because the value expected here is in the thousands, but my determined flux value is just "12". How to determine or calculate those 2 values for each mode?

who knows what this effect is? ..When the engine speed increases, a high frequency sound is emitted at a certain moment. the current immediately increases slightly. When I connected the oscilloscope, I saw a decrease in the PWM frequency from 15 kHz to 8 .. Is this done to improve control at low speed and reduce heating of the controller transistors at high speed by reducing dynamic losses?
20210118_124413.jpg
20210118_124301.jpg

Unfortunately I still have no idea how to use the values I gathered from the calibration in Page 2. Due to I am afraid to demagnetize the magnets, I don't have the guts to ride the bike until this is set up correct. However, I used the time waiting for help for a small improvement:
My old controllers had the reverse gear and the cruise control in one button - which makes sense, due to you would never use cruise control in reverse anyway. Unfortunately the Votol does not have this setting and it does not allow to simply short circuit the two inputs; if you do it anyway, the reverse gear will always win (it seems there is a type of priority setting here in the firmware). To get around this issue, the usage pattern gives an answer: for reverse you press and hold the button as long as you reverse, for cruise control you simply press it only once shortly. So adding a capacitor and a resistor does the magic:

Code:
switch
)--------------+
               |
Input cruise   |
)--------------+
               |
              +++
              | | ≥500 Ohm
              +++
Input reverse  |
)--------------+
               |
               = 220uF
Ground         |
)--------------+

Enjoy

Hi, I need some help.

I got a 3000W HUB Motor (15 pole pairs) .

When I run it on my votol em 150, i got 1100 RPM at 20% throttle, using 6A !
When giving it 100% throttle, RPM is still 1100 RPM, but Amp goes up to 40A !!

Any suggestion ?

I Need to figure out flux settings, can this one be causing the effect ?
Or maybe hall angle ?

I make it run!
it was phase angle that was wrong! -60 not 60.

smotors said:
I want to make the correct settings. what do these parameters mean in each window? how do they work?
2.jpg

I do not know what F, U, and D are, but i have figured out the others through testing. IO sets up the assigned function/wire for Output only, like the hall or RPM line. The SW sets the assigned function/wire for a Jog function, such as a button on a throttle moving from Low to High with a momentary switch. The LA is an inverted signal command for the line. This is useful if you have an active high brake. If you selected them all, you would have an inverted, output, that Jogs. These settings are used to setup regen, low brake, cruise, anti-theft, single button switching, temperature sensor and various other functions (like 50 things) and configure the I/O of almost all the wires (with the exception of the halls)

I have a lot of this controller figured out with the exception of the calibration and field weakening setup. i am mostly through an entire new manual that I will release for feedback in about a week or two. Then, perhaps some guidance from the group can fill in the gaps.

Russ

Back