Gadgets on your eBike that you couldn't live without

Green Machine said:
wine bottle holder.

Dont know how i would ride without it.

It's missing some tubing :mrgreen:

Green Machine said:
wine bottle holder.

That bottle looks like it is still has a cork –so where’s the corkscrew holder mounted?

At least, sensibly, it hasn’t been located in close proximity to the seat -thereby obviating any risk of nasty accidents in the posterior! :mrgreen:

twain said:
Green Machine said:
wine bottle holder.

That bottle looks like it is still has a cork –so where’s the corkscrew holder mounted?

At least, sensibly, it hasn’t been located in close proximity to the seat -thereby obviating any risk of nasty accidents in the posterior! :mrgreen:

lol hilarious. Could you imagine the tube running next to the helmet.

Has anyone ever made a pump system which would allow you to get a drink without having to take your hands off the handlebars? My brother had this pack that sits up against your chest and you can drink from the straw section (something similarly called a "camel pack") (apart from the cap with beer can holders on either side)

Is this a 'reccomended' Cycle Analyst?

http://shop.crystalyte-europe.com/product.php?productid=16190

Going to use it on a KU123, so presume i will need the Stand Alone version?

The fingers said:
3 or 4 extra bungee cords of various sizes, for easy attachment of fresh road kill. Also rubber bands and extra zip ties for emergency use.

Not quite gadgets, but I can't leave the house without them either. I should add a small ball of JB Weldstick somewhere just in case. :wink:

1. Cycle Analyst
2. LiIon flashlight as a headlight headlight with 18650 rechargeable cell.
3. Tail light, modified with an 18650 rechargeable instead of the 2XAA cells.
4. Leather-man multi-tool
5. Spare fuse
6. Bungie cords
7. Yellow windbreaker
8. Knit hat, ski goggles and helmet
9. Slip case for MacBook Air, mounted to seat luggage rack
10. Front luggage rack (usually empty)

RETRO TIME
Throwback 2012

I purchase a Cycle Analyst and have never installed it.

spudboy62 said:
1. Cycle Analyst
spudboy62 hasnt logged in since 2012

I got a few things I couldnt live without, pictolog perhaps

Attachments

• 222222222222.jpg
    222222222222.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 1111111111.jpg
    1111111111.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 33333333333.jpg
    33333333333.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 4444444444444.jpg
    4444444444444.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 5555555555555555.jpg
    5555555555555555.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 66666666666666666666666.png
    66666666666666666666666.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 88888888888888888888888.jpg
    88888888888888888888888.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 777777777777777777.png
    777777777777777777.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 99999999999999999999.jpg
    99999999999999999999.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 10101010101.jpg
    10101010101.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,103
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,103
  • yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 1,103
  • xyxyxyxyxy.jpg
    xyxyxyxyxy.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1,103
  • qqqqqqqqqqqqqq.jpg
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqq.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • qrqrqrqrqrqrq.jpg
    qrqrqrqrqrqrq.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,103
  • qwqwqwqwqw.jpg
    qwqwqwqwqw.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 1,103
I'll just try to find a picture of my handlebar area, later. Hmm, no, that's harder.

* One GREAT diamond-shaped mirror below the left side - it gives me a view of both sides of the road behind the bike.

* Electric 'angry squirrel' horn. Imagine a 200lb squirrel yelling at you.

* AA powered three mode headlight with flashing marker lights.

* Thermometer with clock.

* Bell - for pedestrians and slower bicyclists.

* Bluetooth speaker

* Handlebar mounted water bottle holder.

* IZIP panniers. If you can find them, they're great.

* Suspension seatpost.

* Planet Bike "Rack Blinky 5" tailight.

* Expandable under-seat bag.

* Front & rear fenders.

* Oops - forgot the motorcycle windshield! See my Avatar photo. Good for cold Winter winds, better for Summer rainstorms.

Ah your one of those type.

I hardly see those, the last time I was at the farmers market and some "eccentric" fella had a chopper style purchased ebike, with panniers and everything with a windshield, and lots of flags in his full leathers.

The most I'd do is handlebar mitts and handlebar shields, then maybe string some vaping coil to my flashlight battery for heated handlebars.

LeftieBiker said:
* Oops - forgot the motorcycle windshield! See my Avatar photo. Good for cold Winter winds, better for Summer rainstorms.

Looks like I've been mis-typecast once again. No flags, no leathers, no emblems that weren't painted onto the bike. I use as many accessories as will do me good, and just don't care what people think. Nothing stays on the bike that doesn't get used.

only things on my handlebars are a headlight, bell, phone holder (I rarely use it and I take it off if I don't plan on using it) and display (CAv3). my other bike has a bell and eggrider (light is mounted below handlebars)

I rode down to trestles the other day. I asked these guys how was the trail along the railroad and then I said I better not I pop a tire my bike was sitting against the fence out of nowhere I heard that noise and right then and there all the air came out of my front tire. No problem with a 20s 24ah so riding back to #1 bus and the tube jumped out a took my down. Going to fast on flat. My hip is now 6 by 12in. of purple and somehow added a half inflated football on the side of my hip my. Bad .
Should have just walk the bike up to the top of the hill. but the bus was up there and for $2 it took me to 19 miles home. Bad day.
So co2 pocket inflator and tube.

gadgets?
recently I added chain guard on my EPLUS winter bike.
my jeans will be much cleaner not touching well lubricated chain

Super bright blinkies front and back. Even then I don't trust drivers to give me room and I keep a close eye on them.
https://www.moonsportusa.com/product-page/sirius-pro
https://www.cateye.com/intl/products/headlights/HL-EL1100RC/
I am in the market for a headlight wired to main battery and looking at Glowworm X2
https://www.glowormlites.co.nz/product/2018-gloworm-x2-adventure-1700-lumens/

Garmin RTL510 radar so I know vehicles approaching from behind. Radar sees them before I can and it screams at me when closure rate is over 80(?) kph.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/p/601468

Mark 1 eyeball.

Italian Road Bike Mirror to keep an eye on them. Over shoulder and give them "the eye" when they are close.
https://www.italianroadbikemirror.com/

Action cameras front and back for evidence. Mostly to protect myself from wrongdoing or damage claims. Akaso EK7000 Pros do the job now. I am waiting for the release of the Brave 7 for the front of my (hard shell) helmet.
https://www.akasotech.com/

Powertap hub power meter. It keeps me honest. Cyclist first. Electric is only for assist to compensate extra weight and drag of Yak trailer and always less than human effort. Edge cycle computer that records the important stuff.

I have a cycle analyst on my handlebars and wish I didn't. Clunky horrible thing, difficult to mount cleanly and rats nest of wiring that doesn't meet my standards, but it performs important functions. Eventually I'll buy another to work with. :shrugs

Wish list includes step down convertors to 12V and 7.2V to power cameras and headlight.

by TDB » Jan 16 2021 2:39am

Super bright blinkies front and back. Even then I don't trust drivers to give me room and I keep a close eye on them.
https://www.moonsportusa.com/product-page/sirius-pro
https://www.cateye.com/intl/products/he ... -EL1100RC/
I am in the market for a headlight wired to main battery and looking at Glowworm X2
https://www.glowormlites.co.nz/product/ ... 00-lumens/

Garmin RTL510 radar so I know vehicles approaching from behind. Radar sees them before I can and it screams at me when closure rate is over 80(?) kph.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/p/601468

Mark 1 eyeball.

Italian Road Bike Mirror to keep an eye on them. Over shoulder and give them "the eye" when they are close.
https://www.italianroadbikemirror.com/

Action cameras front and back for evidence. Mostly to protect myself from wrongdoing or damage claims. Akaso EK7000 Pros do the job now. I am waiting for the release of the Brave 7 for the front of my (hard shell) helmet.
https://www.akasotech.com/

Powertap hub power meter. It keeps me honest. Cyclist first. Electric is only for assist to compensate extra weight and drag of Yak trailer and always less than human effort. Edge cycle computer that records the important stuff.

I have a cycle analyst on my handlebars and wish I didn't. Clunky horrible thing, difficult to mount cleanly and rats nest of wiring that doesn't meet my standards, but it performs important functions. Eventually I'll buy another to work with. :shrugs

Wish list includes step down convertors to 12V and 7.2V to power accessories and headlight.

I like the Garmin RTL510 radar, just what I need on my trike. Had a 72v stepdown to 12v but the vibration got to it on a rough road. Will try again with rubber mounts and away from front wheels.

I run power most of the time between 75-125w save the big watts for hills and speeding across intersections from a stop.

Every ride carry the smallest panniers could find, they carry:

new tubes, one front and one back
folding multi tool
small adjustable wrench
spoke wrench
one zip tie
lock up cable

Bike mirrors were to small to see well so went with larger motorcycle mirrors
May bell for horn
have 12v led lights front, rear and blue running lights (they are four stick on that shine on the wheels)
The use rechargeable 5v bicycle lights for flashing lights. Use the front as flash light when needed.

Although I can live without it (only one of my two e-bikes has it), I really enjoy my 48V horn. I need to find a better button for it though, because the 12V rated button sometimes welds itself closed, and I have to poke at it to get it to release.

41tLVCVmqUL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Chalo said:
I need to find a better button for it though, because the 12V rated button sometimes welds itself closed, and I have to poke at it to get it to release.
Or use a 48v-contacts 5v or 12v coil relay (if you already have 5v or 12v on the bike). Slightly greater complication, but lets you use the same switch if you already like that one.

Alternately, replace just the switch inside the button you are using with a 48v+ rated version, if one exists.

TDB said:
Around the forum, there are posts with a number of DIY mounting solutions, in addition to the couple of standard ones Grin Tech sells. Some are enclosures to hold or replace the CA's built in housing, and some are just different kinds of brackets.

There's a thread in the For Sale section for a company in germany selling a replacement back cover with Higo plugs built in for the various things, instead of wires coming out.

Alternately, you can do what I've done once, and plan to do again for the SB Cruiser trike eventually, of taking the separate cables out of the CA back, and replacing with a single cable that runs to the main "junction box" in my "triangle" box with all the function wires I actually use (which will be routed from there to wherever else they need to go as necessary).

There's also a newer version of the CA that has differnet wiring with Higo plugs and available handlebar controls/etc to match it--you might be able to just buy the rear cover for that one to replace yours with, if it's wiring is closer to what you want.

I have the latest CA.

I'd attach photos of where I am with it now except this forum doesn't host images and I'm not signing up for external hosting. I am mounting in front of the bars at the same height. Normally I'd have a Garmin on a front mount there. I have a box full of different mounts, but the lump in the bottom case and bottom wire exit on the CA limit options. Flat bottom, rear exit and panel mount connectors would be closer to my ideal. Higo is one cable and connector... the mess is the sensor cables and connectors. Some will be removed completely before I am done. Junction box is more junk to deal with. I want it all within two pieces of spiral wrap.

As I said, it performs important functions and I'll buy another to play with after i get this one on the road.

TDB said:
I'd attach photos of where I am with it now except this forum doesn't host images and I'm not signing up for external hosting.
If I am able to attach images, you should be able to also.
P1030859.JPG
Yes, there it is, was easy as dropping the image file into the message box. :thumb:

IIRC, there is a 512KB limit per image.

Thank you for the snarky reply.

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 936
Back