E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Odogster said:
FL bomber said:
Odogster... Can you snap a photo of your bomber with the 72150. Like to see how it fits on the frame size wise. Are you still utilizing the cav3?
Thanks đź‘Ť

Sure will do. Unfortunately I can no longer utilize the cav3 the sabvotons aren’t compatible as far as I could find. However, the MQCON app that allows for all sorts of configuration options far outweigh the slight advantages the stock display has over the sabvoton ones. It’s incredible how customizable everything is using that Bluetooth app.

Attachments

• 5C593452-8888-471C-964E-B695BADCD552.jpeg
    5C593452-8888-471C-964E-B695BADCD552.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 934
  • 278CA19F-0972-417D-B8A8-0907E7DE51F2.jpeg
    278CA19F-0972-417D-B8A8-0907E7DE51F2.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 934
Theodore Voltaire said:
Does anyone have experience using this kind of controller on a Stealth?

https://www.kellycontrollers.eu/kls7230s

Sure, installing this one now
https://www.qsmotor.com/product/kelly-controller-kls7218s/

Will connect it to the CA as well with this schematic:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84739
Sabvotons are way to bulky

Allex said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Does anyone have experience using this kind of controller on a Stealth?

https://www.kellycontrollers.eu/kls7230s

Sure, installing this one now
https://www.qsmotor.com/product/kelly-controller-kls7218s/

Will connect it to the CA as well with this schematic:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84739
Sabvotons are way to bulky

Thanks a lot Allex

Thanks odogster..
Odogster said:
Odogster said:
FL bomber said:
Odogster... Can you snap a photo of your bomber with the 72150. Like to see how it fits on the frame size wise. Are you still utilizing the cav3?
Thanks đź‘Ť

Sure will do. Unfortunately I can no longer utilize the cav3 the sabvotons aren’t compatible as far as I could find. However, the MQCON app that allows for all sorts of configuration options far outweigh the slight advantages the stock display has over the sabvoton ones. It’s incredible how customizable everything is using that Bluetooth app.

Odogster said:
Unfortunately I can no longer utilize the cav3 the sabvotons aren’t compatible as far as I could find.
The CA's are all compatible with all DC-powered devices, however, you may need to install an external shunt between battery and controller to measure current, if the controller you wish to use doesnt' have it's internal shunt wired out to an external connector.

YOu can buy those from Grin Tech prewired for the CA's typically-used connectors, or you can buy one elsewhere and wire it up yourself to the appropriate type of connector for your specific CA.

In any case, whether you use the controller's internal shunt or an exernal one, you need to know the new shunt resistance in milliohms, so you can change your CA's settings to match that, so the current readings are correct.

amberwolf said:
Odogster said:
Unfortunately I can no longer utilize the cav3 the sabvotons aren’t compatible as far as I could find.
The CA's are all compatible with all DC-powered devices, however, you may need to install an external shunt between battery and controller to measure current, if the controller you wish to use doesnt' have it's internal shunt wired out to an external connector.

YOu can buy those from Grin Tech prewired for the CA's typically-used connectors, or you can buy one elsewhere and wire it up yourself to the appropriate type of connector for your specific CA.

In any case, whether you use the controller's internal shunt or an exernal one, you need to know the new shunt resistance in milliohms, so you can change your CA's settings to match that, so the current readings are correct.
đź‘Ť Thanks for the info

FL bomber said:
FL bomber said:
I'm thinking of pre-ordering power velocities 24fet.
I mean the Next Gen FOC controller.

That looks like a good one FL. It says it has, "Adjustable magnetic flux weakening for higher speeds and efficiency" I don't know anything about it, but it sounds interesting.

http://powervelocity.com/home/55-24f-15kw-sinewavesilent-controller-android-ios-bluetooth-programmable.html

This is the antenna deployed, but the cloaking turned off. The second picture is with it activated.

1-14-21rs.jpg

1-14-21rs-b.jpg

Man you got to check this bike out. Storm Sondors just blew up the eMotorcycle market. $5000

[youtube]6BG8fFma6nM[/youtube]

6BG8fFma6nM&feature=emb_title

Anyone know about the Shinko issue I mentioned above. I’m stuck with a couple of Shinko tires and wound up ordering Razorbacks

Odogster said:
Anyone know about the Shinko issue I mentioned above. I’m stuck with a couple of Shinko tires and wound up ordering Razorbacks

You got my curiosity up so I measured the 19" rim on my Sportster, and then compared it to the 24" on my Stealth. It's hard to be real precise without taking the tire off, but I'm going to say the 24 is slightly bigger, by about 1/4" to 3/8" bigger diameter. Could even be 1/2"

What is the actual rear rim you have? Is it a 19" motorcycle rim? If not (if it's a bicycle rim) you're not going to get 19" motorcycle tires to fit it.

The only crossover size that "just works" between bicycle and motorcycle is a 20" bicycle rim (BMX 406, IIRC, as there are multiple "20"" rim sizes) and a 16" motorcycle tire.

Some have found a 22" crossover but I don't remember whether that was on the bicycle side or motorcycle side, and the motorcycle tires for it are not very common, anyway.

amberwolf said:
What is the actual rear rim you have? Is it a 19" motorcycle rim? If not (if it's a bicycle rim) you're not going to get 19" motorcycle tires to fit it.

The only crossover size that "just works" between bicycle and motorcycle is a 20" bicycle rim (BMX 406, IIRC, as there are multiple "20"" rim sizes) and a 16" motorcycle tire.

Some have found a 22" crossover but I don't remember whether that was on the bicycle side or motorcycle side, and the motorcycle tires for it are not very common, anyway.

Hi guys,

Like TV I had a little difficulty measuring the rim to exact standards since the motor gets in the way of the measuring device. It’s the stock rim though that comes with the stealth that has the 5403 crystalyte motor on it. This link is the one that got me really confused, as they say they fir the shinko on without any mods. Take a look and tell me what you think please. Amber is right though I can’t get the 19” moto tire on it as it’s just a bit too small.

http://www.fareinc.com/65/Bomber_MC_Tires/

Theodore Voltaire said:
Odogster said:

You got my curiosity up so I measured the 19" rim on my Sportster, and then compared it to the 24" on my Stealth. It's hard to be real precise without taking the tire off, but I'm going to say the 24 is slightly bigger, by about 1/4" to 3/8" bigger diameter. Could even be 1/2"

I think 1/2” is about right.

Odogster said:
This link is the one that got me really confused, as they say they fir the shinko on without any mods.

To help clear this up, I'll quote the text of that page here, and attach the most useful image from it, below. But you can see that the text, both in the quote and the pic, state that the motorcycle tires are used on a motorcycle rim Prowheel 19"x1.4", while the bicycle tire is used on the OEM Bomber rim.

To measure your rim, the easiest way is to lay the wheel, tireless, on it's side at noon outside. Point the axle at the sun, and measure the shadow of the rim on teh ground. :)

Stealth Bomber showing a comparison of 3 types of tires. The Maxxis Hookwork is a bicycle tire and it fits the standard 24" double wall rimsupplied with the Stealth Bomber . The other two tires are motorcycle tires: a Shinko SR241 2.75x19 and a Heidenau 2.75x19.
For street use the Heidenau is the best choice for smooth riding but the Shinko is certainly usable. For mixed street/off road use the Shinko would be best. Both of these tires will fit the Prowheel 19"x1.4" rim and will be a drop in replacement for the Stealth Bomber.

CN1Q0275.jpg

amberwolf said:
Odogster said:
This link is the one that got me really confused, as they say they fir the shinko on without any mods.

To help clear this up, I'll quote the text of that page here, and attach the most useful image from it, below. But you can see that the text, both in the quote and the pic, state that the motorcycle tires are used on a motorcycle rim Prowheel 19"x1.4", while the bicycle tire is used on the OEM Bomber rim.

To measure your rim, the easiest way is to lay the wheel, tireless, on it's side at noon outside. Point the axle at the sun, and measure the shadow of the rim on teh ground. :)

Stealth Bomber showing a comparison of 3 types of tires. The Maxxis Hookwork is a bicycle tire and it fits the standard 24" double wall rimsupplied with the Stealth Bomber . The other two tires are motorcycle tires: a Shinko SR241 2.75x19 and a Heidenau 2.75x19.
For street use the Heidenau is the best choice for smooth riding but the Shinko is certainly usable. For mixed street/off road use the Shinko would be best. Both of these tires will fit the Prowheel 19"x1.4" rim and will be a drop in replacement for the Stealth Bomber.

CN1Q0275.jpg

Man you are absolutely right, i can’t believe I missed that I thought when he said direct replacement he was speaking of the tire, not the rim and the tire. Well that explains that. Anyone want to buy an unused 19 x 2.75 shinko 244 :)?

amberwolf said:

CN1Q0275.jpg

For street riding I guarantee the Hook Worms would beat the crap out of these other two tires, and they also have less than half the rotating mass. Too bad we may not be able to get them anymore.

litespeed said:
Cool video but his laughing is a bit annoying.

Bomber is a great bike. Wish the price would comedown so they don’t go extinct.

Tom

Yah Tom the Bomber is a great bike. Its went through many renditions between 2008 and 2021. I am certain we will see some improvements on this already great platform in the future. I still have Bomber #143, all but disassembled. I think about putting it up for sale from time to time. Everything still works, the VBoxx with shifter, the swing arm, and frame. Out of all the ebikes I have owned, the Bomber is my favorite. Yah bang for the buck it can't compete with the SurRon at that price point, but the Bomber is still the benchmark every other hi powered bike is measured against. Thats reputation there.

Rix said:
litespeed said:
Cool video but his laughing is a bit annoying.

Bomber is a great bike. Wish the price would comedown so they don’t go extinct.

Tom

Yah Tom the Bomber is a great bike. Its went through many renditions between 2008 and 2021. I am certain we will see some improvements on this already great platform in the future. I still have Bomber #143, all but disassembled. I think about putting it up for sale from time to time. Everything still works, the VBoxx with shifter, the swing arm, and frame. Out of all the ebikes I have owned, the Bomber is my favorite. Yah bang for the buck it can't compete with the SurRon at that price point, but the Bomber is still the benchmark every other hi powered bike is measured against. Thats reputation there.

Agreed! Anything else is just a clone......the Bomber was the original bad ass and still on its throne!

Tom

Back