Any Car Batteries You like?

Dauntless

100 TW
I grew up watching Diehard batteries being perfect. As they used to be for me. The current(LESS) one I have now lasted barely more than 2 years, it replaced another Diehard that lasted barely more than 2 years. The truck takes 2, over $100 each, Diehards didn't hold up there, either. (No wonder Sears is going under.)

Can anyone top that? (I hope.)

I've had good success with Interstate MegaTron batteries. I've had two in two different vehicles one had over 12 years of service and the other went with the vehicle when I sold it (was at least 5 years old). Look for one with a replacement warranty if you are going through them that often.

https://www.interstatebatteries.com/find-a-location

Have you been able to get one at a parts store? I'm only finding them at the tire and auto service places that I'm sure demand to do some system check and I don't want to deal with that.

And check your charging system...if it's overcharging them it won't help the lifespan, and similarly if it's not charging them enough.

If they are being drained by sitting unused it can damage them too.

The thing is, as far as I can test it, sure it's fine. But some erratic voltage regulator problem I can't check for. Driving most every day.

The original alternator went out and I made it home, I'm sure the battery suffered. The replacement PepBoys rebuild let the battery light flicker on and off and the 800 number people ignored me. Ford wouldn't get me an OEM the first time and eventually got me a rebuild the 2nd, I'd just got the 2nd DieHard by then. One more reason to get something new, which you'd be SHOCKED to think I'm uncomfortable with doing in the current situation, right?

I'm noticing a new battery is getting upwards of $200 now. It's all those cheap electric bikes still coming with SLA's competing for batteries.

I get my batteries from AAA they check your system and prorate your battery I think there's free replacement for 2 years or 3 years or something like that

You go to the office or a tow truck driver shows up?

So I'm hearing there is only one company that makes car batteries anymore and they're all the same. That would explain DieHards going downhill.

I get the idea I want the Duracell battery from Batteries and Bulbs. If they're all the same anyway.

There are many contributing factors on the vehicle, ease of starting, type of use, frequency of starting ( once per week oe 20 times per day ? ) ..charge system settings , etc , etc, ...
Even road condition can kill a otherwise good battery.
I had one near new battery fail after passing ober a speed bump in a car park ( very common said the battery tech guy called out to replace it !)
...But... it is very obvious that Auto batteries (possibly other applications too). Are now deliberately made with a planned obsolescence compare to those of 30 yrs ago.
Even those with a “5 year replacement Warranty” can be expected to die soon after warranty period ends

just buy 2 12V winston/thundersky that fits.

search for LP12V90AH, it will probably fit. if price is an issue just get the 60Ah version (LP12V60AH), its still big enough to crank a V10 schoolbus without issue at -20. and shop around, pricing is "bend over and cough" if you dont look around properly. or just buy 8 separate cells if you can get them and get those cheap balance boards on aliexpress.

i bought a 90Ah 15 years ago and i moved it with all my cars and it still works perfectly after all thsoe years with just a slight capacity loss, 75Ah still remain after 15 years of daily use.

if you dont need the capacity then just buy 40Ah cells and hook them up. even the 40Ah can easely start anything you can think of.

AAA drives up to your house you meet him at your car they test your system they put a new battery in and I would like to see the paperwork but I think it's three-year replacement warranty and they will come to you and replace your battery jumpstart your car. Lock your keys that unlock your car and septra you run out of gas the bring you gasoline.that's all for like $54 plus free towing for 10 mi another $10 I think it's free towing for 60 miles.

So the Duracell 96R battery did not arrive in this weeks' shipment, I'm told maybe in a week or two. . . .

Well, nobody would see the kewl label anyway. If I had these in plain view, that would be great. I was push starting, (Not bad for a guy who'd never walk without a cane/walker/younameit again) don't want to do that until they get around to me.

I suppose the Champion battery should know how to work with the spark plugs.

(Since I shut the engine off instead of long idling, I'd say I do a lot of starts.)

Back