24kW stand-up scooter with air suspension

Hello, my dear friends! I've got some good news for you! I am moving forward to mass production of my scooters! I've decided to create a project team. We are planning some fundraising in the nearest future/ And at the moment we are setting up the company and registrating a trademark.
The most difficult part remains for me. Come up with a name...
We are considering various ideas for the naming of the company and scooter itself (it could be different names). That's why I would be thankful for your ideas about Company and Scooter naming. Please send me personal messages with the ideas, not to flood the forum. I would be very glad!

And one more announce - we are preparing a series of interviews with those who are interested in our scooter to make our product to go beyond the expectations. If you are willing to hop on a call with us for about 40 minutes, please PM me as well!

Let the force be with you))

Hi Alex where are you bay a this stator with magnets ,can you tell me ??
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=255935

Just accidentally stumbled on this forum topic and as a machinist and creator myself, I am very impressed by the craftsmanship that has been put into this project. All that complex design and CNC machining with a ROUTER?!?! I could see that you were pushing that CNC to its limits when you made the new rear rim by looking at the tool chatter marks in the center.

Keep it up, your designs are outstanding and unique, I'm sure you will have lots of success!

Greetings from Estonia!

I don't even know how I stumbled across this at 5:00am this morning but I read through the whole thread.. this is amazing! Like seriously amazing. I have been looking to buy a scooter.. just a humble cecotec series s... you know one of those little things with 2 wheels and a battery... can just about make it up a hill. Then I see this.... its insane. Congratulations to you, you clever clever man. Bring on v2!!

One takeaway... you said you didn't like dual motors... this intrigues me, I wanted dual motor. but for my money could only get rear motor. (Series s) but if you prefer single motor i might be a bit happier buying it

Long time since your last update - hope things are going well with your startup Alex!

Ended up reading the whole thread in one go too and by the time I got to the part where you said you were making your own CNC, I was like "WHAT!" out-loud. Maybe I had that reaction a few times actually. Really impressive effort, engineering, and craftsmanship. Thanks for documenting and sharing, very inspiring.

One question if you see this sometime, what's your main motivation?

i cant wait when your ready to start taking orders hopefully though you can put a bigger motor to contend with the likes of weped and rion and a bigger battery 4-5kw would be nice. just keep us updated. its nice your taking alot of time to try and make a product that will last longer then other high end scooters.

Greetings to everyone who is still waiting for the continuation, as well as those who have just joined this thread!
The past year, frankly, was a difficult one for my project. Since March, everything did not go according to plan, my income plummeted and I had to be distracted to earn at least for food.
Due to a lack of funding, contractors were involved only in the most difficult stages of construction. I had to master a new profession - a builder. In my free time, my friend and I were slowly building a new building in which "version 2.0" will be produced.
s01.jpgs02.jpgs03.jpgs04.jpgs05.jpgs06.jpgs07.jpgs08.jpgs09.jpgs10.jpgs11.jpg
If I had experience in construction, everything would have turned out much faster and much better))) But I proceed from the opportunities that are available to me at the moment.
s12.jpgs13.jpgs14.jpgs15.jpgs16.jpgs17.jpgs18.jpgs19.jpgs20.jpgs21.jpg
Nevertheless, today, it is already possible to work in the room, despite the unfinished interior decoration. There is still a lot of work to be done on laying communications.
I haven't been able to build my own CNC machine yet, but I will return to this in the near future. For this, I have already bought a new, ready-made CNC machine for metal processing, for the manufacture of the remaining parts.

So, in the near future, I will still start making a new scooter and will post the whole process in this thread.

In the meantime, I can only boast of my chandelier =)))
[youtube]KwusYP1FLjg[/youtube]

vanturion said:
One question if you see this sometime, what's your main motivation?
In general, I just wanted a good scooter for myself, but could not find a ready-made one on the market. I started doing it myself and ... got carried away=))) The rest is described in this thread.

dafawkes said:
i cant wait when your ready to start taking orders hopefully though you can put a bigger motor to contend with the likes of weped and rion and a bigger battery 4-5kw would be nice. just keep us updated. its nice your taking alot of time to try and make a product that will last longer then other high end scooters.
Sorry, but I didn't understand the question. Why put the engine more, if rion and weeped lose in dynamics to Vostok-1, and "Version 2.0" will be 2 times more powerful?

It seems like (I'm not sure) the site should work, but I'm still having problems opening a current account ... www.expacio.tech

Also, they sent me a Vostok-1 for maintenance
p02.jpg
In the near future I will make a detailed review of the faults.
Basically, before the first ride, I just pumped up the shock absorbers. Otherwise, there were no backlashes, creaks and other things.
p03.jpgp04.jpg
The last 2 months I just rode it and enjoyed it))
p05.jpgp07.jpg

alex_2d said:
Hello, my dear friends! I've got some good news for you! I am moving forward to mass production of my scooters! I've decided to create a project team. We are planning some fundraising in the nearest future/ And at the moment we are setting up the company and registrating a trademark.
The most difficult part remains for me. Come up with a name...
We are considering various ideas for the naming of the company and scooter itself (it could be different names). That's why I would be thankful for your ideas about Company and Scooter naming. Please send me personal messages with the ideas, not to flood the forum. I would be very glad!

And one more announce - we are preparing a series of interviews with those who are interested in our scooter to make our product to go beyond the expectations. If you are willing to hop on a call with us for about 40 minutes, please PM me as well!

Let the force be with you))

For the company name I would suggest VOSTOK + the Russian equivalent of the word "WORKS". So VOSTOK WORKS but in Russian.
Please don't try to use some English name that would more than likely sound ridiculous. No offense but a lot of times when East Europeans try to make something sound cool in English it ends up being A. Corny, or B cheese, C tacky, or D incomprehensible. Stick to your heritage and use a name that is meaningful in your own culture.

The VOSTOK name alone sound pretty robust. Even in English. Expand on that.

Sweet Jayses dat skuter. And dat 7 ton CNC oh ma lord.

alex_2d said:
In the meantime, I can only boast of my chandelier =)))
[youtube]KwusYP1FLjg[/youtube]

And you should. I approve of your drone inspired chandelier.

Please also explain what these nails in the foundation of your shop floor are for.

Attachments

• s18.jpg
    s18.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 2,751
Hello to everyone who has followed my story of creating WTF E-scooter! I want to share some good news with you. My workshop is about to be finished. It means that I am almost ready to produce first V2.0 of my scooter.
Therefore I am considering pre-orders. Due to the fact that I am facing a lack of funds, currently I will be able to take only pre-paid pre-orders. PM me if you want to be one of the first owners of «version 2.0».

photo_2020-04-24_18-30-35.jpg

alex_2d said:
Therefore I am considering pre-orders. Due to the fact that I am facing a lack of funds, currently I will be able to take only pre-paid pre-orders.

Great that you are almost ready to start building and "mass" producing the V2.0 of this stand up scooter :thumb:
What will the price be for a complete scooter?

alex_2d said:
V 2.0 will cost $18 900

That price (almost all Zero electric motorcycle models are cheaper...) will reduce the customer base to the few wealthy people that can easily afford that. But that's fine for such a hand built unique vehicle I guess. Any upgrades planned in motor, controller, battery pack etc. for this V2.0?

Its so easy to lose your way not way up the business potential and end up a poor man, theres also no risk no reward but that price vs the product is crazy and trying to get enough people say im in and stay in till the final product is going to be your battle.
You have the skill to create something great but i dont think you got the business sence to feel your way through the market and pick out the demand for such a product if you have the market base good for you but i know in the uk i wouldnt shift double figures even with the best sand trader available.

It could also be a mistake to cut corners on building them, in the hope of finding a few more people willing to buy one for $9999.00. This scooter, like a high end Tesla, is a toy for rich people, not a commuter vehicle for the masses. I'm actually kind of relieved that it's going to be so expensive: now I don't have to think about buying one myself. ;)

The best contract you could hope for would be supplying them in large quantitys to a race venue for formula E to hold a pre race event and enable the crowd boost functions etc on them for example and thats gonna take a strategic business man thats powerful and knowledgeable with words around a table of executives.
Wolf on wall street tactics force your way in no is not an acceptable answer.

Just wanted to say your work is phenomenal! State of the art stuff!

I see how the price makes sense when matched to the custom work that went into it. But to even compete in the high end scooter market here in the US, that would definitely need to come under $10k. Even at that price it's a very very limited audience.

Yes, there are people here that may pay more, but again, it's a very small crowd.

Could you possibly design and assemble something that would be more affordable but still aim to maintain the quality this model has?

alex_2d said:
V 2.0 will cost $18 900

I do really appreciate all the feedback, concerning the expected V2 price.
However there are several aspects, that I want you to know about that:

1. Yes, I do understand, that $18900 is a sufficient number.
2. First prototypes were sold for $25K. So there is no need to say that no one will ever but it.
3. The price of V2 is NOT based on my greed, but on the strong intention to make the best scooter. I use titanium, airplane grade aluminum, bunch of hi-end parts and controllers. And, unfortunately, they all are very pricey.
4. I want to make V2 better than ever, even if only few will be sold.
5. Once I am done with that, I will work on making further models more diverse and available for different price segments.

Like not polite to ask of a women, but " how much does it weigh ? "
I have been riding various e-scooters ever since the go board was out maybe 15 years ago. But always scooters that I could easily take in a car or bus as well. For me that is the point of such a small wheeled transport device. My current scooter is about 12kg and taking it up some stairs is still a pain I don't enjoy. To me, if it's not so light or easy to put into another vehicle it only makes sense as a toy really. For 18K I'd rather get a used Nissan Leaf. But I appreciate your engineering and design. Nice. You might look into magnesium however, it's way 'cooler' than AL, but the machining is dangerous due to fire. Some CNC shops but the CNC machine on rails and if a fire starts they just shove the whole machine out a door to the outside! Too hard to stop the fire. But it machines like butter :)

Back