Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Hello, my EM150 controller shows a tick mark in overheating in the display page, and it is not starting. The controller and motor both are at normal temperatures. I am using VOTOL-EM-V3 2021 version. The manual says to adjust the temperature settings but i could not find in the software I am using.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,463
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,463
What do you think the display can be used to correctly display the speed, voltage and operating mode of the controller? I want to see the low average and maximum power mode, but I do not know which display will work.
also i can't find the wire for the external temperature sensor, can you help me? How to connect the motor temperature sensor to the controller?

Thank. Unfortunately, I do not have such a wire (Apparently not every controller has an external temperature sensor

Hello group, I have a dead votol em150sp controller Can not respond to the pc program please someone if anyone has the bin file of the Votol em150sp Can from Siaecosys send it to me by miguelangel891123@gmail.com thanks.

Paulflieg said:
Temp sensor, if wired internally

Thanks, this helped me a lot. At least I am now getting the temperature readings.
But there still is a tick mark in the overheating checkbox.
how can I set the temperature limits?

I have a problem with my Votol EM100 controller. When I give it a full throttle, the throttle open up just a little bit, or sometimes it starts normal for a few second and than the speed goes down to a very low speed.

My setup is qs205 2000w 72v with votol em100

I have check the throttle voltage, hall sensor voltage, all of it is in normal condition.

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Any help is appreciated....

This morning something marvelous but mysterious happened. When I import new parameters file to the controller, all pf the sudden the bike is normal again. Even though all the parameters match the previous setting. It’s weird, but i’m glad that it all worked out.

Has anyone here ever experienced something like this before?

Paulflieg said:
In calibration mode, on page 3

Could you provide me this software? because in the version I m using, there is no such setting for temperature.

Attachments

• page 3.PNG
    page 3.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,223
chronosgarage said:
PrashanBhatta said:
Paulflieg said:
In calibration mode, on page 3

Could you provide me this software? because in the version I m using, there is no such setting for temperature.
I send the firmware to your email.

Thanks chronosgarage for the firmware. I want to give a last shot by changing the temperature limits before changing the firmware.

Delete error count!
Keep shift!
Press, twice, ^!

=calibration mode

Attachments

• IMG_20210222_102311.jpg
    IMG_20210222_102311.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 1,199
  • IMG_20210222_102206.jpg
    IMG_20210222_102206.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 1,200
  • IMG_20210222_102223.jpg
    IMG_20210222_102223.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,199
Miguel Angel said:
Hello group, I have a dead votol em150sp controller Can not respond to the pc program please someone if anyone has the bin file of the Votol em150sp Can from Siaecosys send it to me by miguelangel891123@gmail.com thanks.

I already sent the firmware. But I can’t guarantee that it will work. I got it from a qs motor representative.

Please help to customize the function in the picture? I want to set the "Speed limit" using the programmable buttons, but I don't know which wire to use to enable it? Does anyone know how to connect correctly? Low medium high mode is not suitable as these modes limit the torque and the speed limit function allows the maximum torque to be used with low RPM
Thanks

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 1,177
my electric scooter is stuck on slow speed the speedometer does not show speed selector using vetol with number jl01806a please i need help even to just get it moving

rbarrow said:
smotors said:
I want to make the correct settings. what do these parameters mean in each window? how do they work?
2.jpg

I do not know what F, U, and D are, but i have figured out the others through testing. IO sets up the assigned function/wire for Output only, like the hall or RPM line. The SW sets the assigned function/wire for a Jog function, such as a button on a throttle moving from Low to High with a momentary switch. The LA is an inverted signal command for the line. This is useful if you have an active high brake. If you selected them all, you would have an inverted, output, that Jogs. These settings are used to setup regen, low brake, cruise, anti-theft, single button switching, temperature sensor and various other functions (like 50 things) and configure the I/O of almost all the wires (with the exception of the halls)

I have a lot of this controller figured out with the exception of the calibration and field weakening setup. i am mostly through an entire new manual that I will release for feedback in about a week or two. Then, perhaps some guidance from the group can fill in the gaps.

Russ
Do you know which port the brown wire that suppose to be park function is located?

Irling said:
Please help to customize the function in the picture? I want to set the "Speed limit" using the programmable buttons, but I don't know which wire to use to enable it? Does anyone know how to connect correctly? Low medium high mode is not suitable as these modes limit the torque and the speed limit function allows the maximum torque to be used with low RPM
Thanks

You are wrong. The mode low, medium and high have absolutely no impact on torque (which I personally find horrible) and only limit the speed - and this extremely strict. You need to enable HDC and use the value determined in sports mode (if you have this, otherwise use the normal gears, which will all the same is HDC is disabled) on the display page (I have written how to do this in detail a few posts ago). Once you have determined this value, it is a simple calculation (LEFT values Only!!), but keep in mind, that the value you have entered for HDC is the theoretical top speed, which you will never get on an even road. So you still need to experiment around, but effectively you can set the speed to the km/h precisely with the mode function (I still experiment around to find a torque limiting way for the modes, but except for sports-mode and non-sports-mode I wasn't successful so far)

Irling said:
What do you think the display can be used to correctly display the speed, voltage and operating mode of the controller? I want to see the low average and maximum power mode, but I do not know which display will work.
also i can't find the wire for the external temperature sensor, can you help me? How to connect the motor temperature sensor to the controller?
I bought one on Aliexpress. Using XYT it shows all the errors, brake, Parking mode (speed changes to P) all 3 gears (in sports mode the gears go simply off), speed, temperature, battery level, highbeam, lowbeam, indicators, odo and trip. Not sure if they allow here to set links to commercial sites, if you are interested, send me a PM

caseyhassanein said:
my electric scooter is stuck on slow speed the speedometer does not show speed selector using vetol with number jl01806a please i need help even to just get it moving
A few more info what you did (and screenshots of your settings!!) would help a lot, because your current description fits a whole universe of reasons

rienesl said:
Irling said:
Thanks

You are wrong. The mode low, medium and high have absolutely no impact on torque (which I personally find horrible) and only limit the speed - and this extremely strict. You need to enable HDC and use the value determined in sports mode (if you have this, otherwise use the normal gears, which will all the same is HDC is disabled) on the display page (I have written how to do this in detail a few posts ago). Once you have determined this value, it is a simple calculation (LEFT values Only!!), but keep in mind, that the value you have entered for HDC is the theoretical top speed, which you will never get on an even road. So you still need to experiment around, but effectively you can set the speed to the km/h precisely with the mode function (I still experiment around to find a torque limiting way for the modes, but except for sports-mode and non-sports-mode I wasn't successful so far)

Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. If I set the minimum mode, the torque is limited, the motorcycle cannot turn the wheel in place. If I limit the revs with the speed limiter function, good torque is maintained - https://youtu.be/yApsksY7Yeo
Can you tell me how to activate the speed limit function using the programming button?

I bought one on Aliexpress. Using XYT it shows all the errors, brake, Parking mode (speed changes to P) all 3 gears (in sports mode the gears go simply off), speed, temperature, battery level, highbeam, lowbeam, indicators, odo and trip. Not sure if they allow here to set links to commercial sites, if you are interested, send me a PM

Great, thanks a lot, I think you can post the link here, it will be useful to other contributors. Have you used a controller with or without a CAN interface?

rbarrow said:
smotors said:
I want to make the correct settings. what do these parameters mean in each window? how do they work?
2.jpg

I do not know what F, U, and D are, but i have figured out the others through testing. IO sets up the assigned function/wire for Output only, like the hall or RPM line. The SW sets the assigned function/wire for a Jog function, such as a button on a throttle moving from Low to High with a momentary switch. The LA is an inverted signal command for the line. This is useful if you have an active high brake. If you selected them all, you would have an inverted, output, that Jogs. These settings are used to setup regen, low brake, cruise, anti-theft, single button switching, temperature sensor and various other functions (like 50 things) and configure the I/O of almost all the wires (with the exception of the halls)

I have a lot of this controller figured out with the exception of the calibration and field weakening setup. i am mostly through an entire new manual that I will release for feedback in about a week or two. Then, perhaps some guidance from the group can fill in the gaps.

Russ

How are you doing with creating instructions? We are looking forward to it :) I don't really understand how to use all the available programming functions, and I don't know how to keep the maximum torque at low engine speeds

Hi Guys.
I will show you how my VOTOL EM50M controller works.
In the film you can see how you can easily switch the controller to speed mode with the help of the brake, the throttle and the button, which you can toggle while moving.
1. Turn the throttle grip while depressing the brake. Hold it that way and turn the key to the on position. Then use the button to select any gear on the display. You can release the brake and the throttle.
The display shows the speed.
In this case I have programmed the controller to three speed levels.
1 speed - 45 km
2 speed - 55 km
3 speed - 75 km
I should note that this is the speed shown on the display but the actual speed is 10km slower. Investigator
1 speed measured with GPS -35 km
2 speed measured with GPS - 45
3 speed measured with GPS - 60-65 km
I have no idea why the display is showing more than normal speed.
The control cannot correct this error. There is a problem with the display.
After switching the key off and on again without using the combination with brake and throttle, the controller is in standard mode and you cannot switch with the button. The display does not show any speed. In the standard operating position, the speed measured with GPS is 45 km or 35 km.
If you want to change this you will have to stop to turn the key off and use the combination to switch to cruise control mode.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/gq3QiwuCt9I[/youtube]

Back