E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Cowardlyduck said:
bzhwindtalker said:
Unfortunately not possible for streel legal ones due to the homologation, only 14-118T is possible.
However we are also testing polychain GT carbon for hopefully longer life.
Best regards, Adam
Thanks for chiming in!
Ok, fair enough on the homologation.
I still have one 15T left if anyone wants it...after that I guess it will still be possible to get them made as one off's, but that won't be cheap!

I am interested in the carbon belt. Let us know when they are available for ordering!

Something that's come up for me recently is my motor seems to be stuttering under heavy load. I vaguely recall this being an issue for someone else previously, but can't recall the solution. It only stutters briefly once or twice during acceleration. I've played around with the acceleration limits, battery lvc, and a few other settings, but can't seem to fix it.
I tried running another motor auto setup, but that just resulted in the whole motor no longer working, so I reverted. Any ideas?

Cheers
Do another auto setup with the battery full. I’ve had a couple of mis attempts with auto setup. The battery was at 75%. At 100% it worked correctly. Also make sure your best config is loaded before starting.

bzhwindtalker said:
Unfortunately not possible for streel legal ones due to the homologation, only 14-118T is possible.
Best regards, Adam

Hi. I’ve been using polychain now 240km and no any marks of damage (optibelt hp last 150km in my use). It was firstly little loud, but now its getting softer and sound like other belts. My Testing temperature been -10- -20C

Cowardlyduck said:
bzhwindtalker said:
Best regards, Adam
Thanks for chiming in!
I still have one 15T left if anyone wants it...after that I guess it will still be possible to get them made as one off's, but that won't be cheap!

I am interested in the carbon belt. Let us know when they are available for ordering!

Something that's come up for me recently is my motor seems to be stuttering under heavy load. I vaguely recall this being an issue for someone else previously, but can't recall the solution. It only stutters briefly once or twice during acceleration. I've played around with the acceleration limits, battery lvc, and a few other settings, but can't seem to fix it.
I tried running another motor auto setup, but that just resulted in the whole motor no longer working, so I reverted. Any ideas?

Cheers
i already order 3 polychain carbon belt for cheap price in usa 1 guy sel out the belts in his stock need to go away, it is not the same belt then ore friend have (poly chain carbon v is the old generation , i order the newer generation of this carbon belt , lucky to buy for cheap 35 dollar for one belt :D .

about the stuttering does it happen in flux weakening ?
15T is awsome on my bike i test for the first time with my new setup , it is awsome.

croydon said:
Cowardlyduck said:
bzhwindtalker said:
Best regards, Adam
Thanks for chiming in!

Cheers
i already order 3 polychain carbon belt for cheap price in usa 1 guy sel out the belts in his stock need to go away, it is not the same belt then ore friend have (poly chain carbon v is the old generation , i order the newer generation of this carbon belt , lucky to buy for cheap 35 dollar for one belt :D .

about the stuttering does it happen in flux weakening ?
15T is awsome on my bike i test for the first time with my new setup , it is awsome.

You got belt nice price.. mine was cutted in Italy plus transport so it came expensive.
My belt is new generation also, 25% more load and antistatic (carbon volt). I am confident that this is good belt for this use, but lets see in reality.
Snow and ice is making problems, its stack between belt and sprocket and tensionpulley, then belt flies out from there. Ok its not big suprise but just mentioning

Also got one carbon volt from gates france for testing.
Not fitted yet, I lend my bike for photos :shock:

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 1,195
  • 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 1,195
Cowardlyduck said:
Thanks again for the suggestions on re-trying auto-detect on the motor. I tried a few more times and eventually it managed to get it right.

Bit of a worry it takes so many tries, but at least it's working again now. :)

Cheers

I know its like comparing apples to watermelons, but I had to run 3 auto detect cycles on my Adapto to get a combo of settings that allowed the motor to perform really well with out heating things up.

Rix said:
I know its like comparing apples to watermelons, but I had to run 3 auto detect cycles on my Adapto to get a combo of settings that allowed the motor to perform really well with out heating things up.
I would say the next best customisable, feature rich controller after Adaptto is the Nucular, so not so dissimilar really...although I could never get my Adaptto's running perfect, in the end close enough was good enough. :D
At least (for now) the Nucular still has active support. :)

Cheers

I was having a looks at the latest Valkyrie Boxxbike, 12/14kW, 1600Wh integrated battery, Dual power train but with Motor and pedaling axis aligned with swingarm axis...
Lots of good stuff.
One drawback is the pedal assist is cadence based.

Anyone had a chance to try one and compare with the LMX64?

To LMX, may be time to look into a refresh of the LMX64 frame with a larger integrated battery, possibly in 2 parts modular to offer the flexibility between light weight or high capacity.
:)

Boxxbike is 10kgs heavier. That is noticable, i feel lmx has a sweet spot of power vs weight, if any thing its over powered for my needs

Agreed that it is a slightly different category, more power and therefore a bit more weight, and there is value in both segment.

But some of the technological choices made on the Boxxbike could be welcome in the LMX64, like having a frame that can handle more battery more easily, the concentric drivetrain swing arm axis....

These could be done without compromising the current LMX positioning.

Lightweight motorcycle with pedals vs powerful ebike.
I actually wouldn't want a concentric drive, especially not shared with the pedals. You lose the ability to control squat.

Would this also apply if you have a primary reduction from motor to a jackshaft in the swingarm pivot, and a secondary reduction from the jackshaft to the rear wheel? This solution could achieve the same total reduction using larger cogs on both stages. using a primary timing belt and a secondary chain drive would result in less noise and more reduction abilities..

I find it hard to see if this would have the same ani-squat behavior and terrible pedaling performance.

In that situation you would have anti squat for the pedals but not the motor. Probably better to run the jack shaft on the left side pedal shaft.

I think "terrible pedaling performance" is subjective.

There are a lot of talk on the subject, and how important the effect is, really depends on the type of usage and the other parameters of the bike.

I myself know that for my usage, the incidence is minor, and the other benefits outweigh it :)

For me any more power than the LMX 64 for peddling is redundant.
I like to feel like I am peddling which is why i took the throttle off my bike so its only pedal assist.

I wished that mode 1 had a speed limit of about 35K instead of 28k. I mainly use power level 1 unless i want to fly up a fire road.
I have to use level 3 down hill because of the speed limit cut off. Not because i need the extra power.

I wonder if you could hack around this by changing the tire size in the computer? You would have to do some math to translate riding metrics or just use your phone gps for metrics

Simonten said:
I like to feel like I am peddling which is why i took the throttle off my bike so its only pedal assist.

I wished that mode 1 had a speed limit of about 35K instead of 28k. I mainly use power level 1 unless i want to fly up a fire road.
I have to use level 3 down hill because of the speed limit cut off. Not because i need the extra power.

Isn't it possible to program the assist levels like with a Bafang BBS unit? There you can set the speed limits to 100% in all assist levels and have increasing current limits per assist level like this:

Bafang programming table.png

Simonten said:

you can change the speed limit simply with the program wire.

Depends if they have the nuclar or the silixcon. Afaik the silixcon is not user programmable.

Back