Speedict neptune lite

speedict said:
cheeko said:
So i just got email after 2 years the Netptune 20S is ready,

what are the real benifets im currently using a ANT BMS and i know somepeople say there crap but after 2 years not one cell is out and it runs perfect.

Only reason i can see to upgrade would be size of the unit.

Tell me some cool features please

Regards
Peter W

Sorry we don't know about ANT BMS's features and we believe features can be enhance via both software and firmware upgrade.
Most of our efforts were spent on hardware design such as size, hardware feature such as power take from top (highest) cell not other e.g. cell #3 to prevent long-term cell imbalance (I am not sure other BMS also take power from highest cell).

regards,

Danny

Its very tempting but not cheap, Ant BMS does show you invidiul cell voltage

But yes i think size factor this could be good option

Hi Guys

if im to buy do i get firmware and hardware? time to upgrade the ANT BMS i think

cheeko said:
Hi Guys

if im to buy do i get firmware and hardware? time to upgrade the ANT BMS i think

sorry about the mis-leading / confusion information on our website, yes, you need to buy both FW and SW together, the reason why split into FW and SW because of import TAX issues, we will change it back later this week.

regards,

Danny

Thanks heaps, whats lead time to Australia considering it for my Stealth Beta

cheeko said:
Thanks heaps, whats lead time to Australia considering it for my Stealth Beta

it is hard to tell because it's depended on Australia's local postage service lead time especially in COVID time, however to Australia use DHL from Hong Kong is cheaper than post to west.
you can PM your address with post code, I can check the DHL price, we can offer you discount on NEPTUNE 20 if you select DHL.

Danny

Hello.

Looking at the website, the difference between the Netptune 15 ver 1, and the normal neptune 15 is not very clear.

Can you elaborate on why the regular neptune 15 is $50 more than the ver 1?

Thanks.

titan_rw said:
Hello.

Looking at the website, the difference between the Netptune 15 ver 1, and the normal neptune 15 is not very clear.

Can you elaborate on why the regular neptune 15 is $50 more than the ver 1?

Thanks.

version 1 support discharge current limited by its SHUNT resistor up to 50A (or hand solder replace with 1mΩ to handle 100+A), and thicker than version 2 because of top 4 screws.

Danny

speedict said:
version 1 support discharge current limited by its SHUNT resistor up to 50A (or hand solder replace with 1mΩ to handle 100+A), and thicker than version 2 because of top 4 screws.

Danny

Thanks.

50 amps will do for this battery, and I don't think the slightly thicker profile is going to be an issue.

Ordered a V1.

titan_rw said:
speedict said:

Danny

Thanks.

50 amps will do for this battery, and I don't think the slightly thicker profile is going to be an issue.

Ordered a V1.

do you want me to replace SHUNT resistor for 100+A ? if yes, please send message to us : contact@speedict.com with your order number or name

regards,

Danny

speedict said:
do you want me to replace SHUNT resistor for 100+A ? if yes, please send message to us : contact@speedict.com with your order number or name

regards,

Danny

Thanks for the quick replies.

Email sent.

titan_rw said:
speedict said:

regards,

Danny

Thanks for the quick replies.

Email sent.

replaced with 1mΩ resistor and 12 AWG wire, will arrange shipment later tomorrow.

regards,

Danny

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 6.26.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 6.26.42 PM.png
    526.2 KB · Views: 1,377
speedict said:
cheapcookie said:
Hello speedict I need a 20s bms with preferably full vesc data integration? can your bms do it?

we don't have UART port on Neptune 20 that's mean not possible to integrate VESC talk on Neptune 20, do you have 20s VESC controller ?

Danny

Yes my vesc works up to 84v

cheapcookie said:
speedict said:
cheapcookie said:
Hello speedict I need a 20s bms with preferably full vesc data integration? can your bms do it?

we don't have UART port on Neptune 20 that's mean not possible to integrate VESC talk on Neptune 20, do you have 20s VESC controller ?

Danny

Neptune 20 is external UART ready, all we need to do is copy software from Neptune 15

Danny

speedict said:
cheapcookie said:
speedict said:
cheapcookie said:

Danny

Neptune 20 is external UART ready, all we need to do is copy software from Neptune 15

Danny

What is "external UART ready"? I thought it didn't have the UART port?

Stiffler359 said:
speedict said:
cheapcookie said:
speedict said:

Danny

Danny

What is "external UART ready"? I thought it didn't have the UART port?

I mean Neptune 20's board design is ready with external UART, but now IC not in place and software not available.

Danny

Hello all,

I'm looking at building a 15s5p or 14s5p battery, and I was wondering if there was any advantage to getting a Neptune 20 with a 15 or 14 pack converter vs just getting a Neptune 15. Is it just that the Neptune 20 can handle more batteries in series if I choose to later to get a larger battery?

machuni said:
Hello all,

I'm looking at building a 15s5p or 14s5p battery, and I was wondering if there was any advantage to getting a Neptune 20 with a 15 or 14 pack converter vs just getting a Neptune 15. Is it just that the Neptune 20 can handle more batteries in series if I choose to later to get a larger battery?

yes, Neptune 20 can handle more cells in series and the main different is SIZE and PRICE.

Danny

Hello, any way to revert to default settings for the BMS? Or do you have them listed anywhere? Thanks!

Hi Danny, that worked. Some of the settings, particularly under the protected tab, didn't revert back, but I used the screenshots in the manual as a guide. I am having a problem with balancing, however. One cell group is consistently .2-.3 volts lower than the others and I can't get it to balance out using the balance feature in the app. That cell group keeps tripping the undervoltage current detected feature and turning the BMS off. What are the best settings to get larger voltage gaps fixed? Also, is there a way to reset the BMS using the app? Every time the undervoltage alarm happens, it's turns off the discharge MOSFET and I have to open the case up to use the physical button to turn it off and back on.

machuni said:
Every time the undervoltage alarm happens, it's turns off the discharge MOSFET and I have to open the case up to use the physical button to turn it off and back on.

you mean power on and off cycle in order to turn ON MOSFET ? how's under-voltage cut-off back to normal ? (when cell voltage back to beyond cut-off level) or change the under-voltage cut-off point level (e.g. when cut-off is triggered on 3.7v and you change to 3.6v) to see if the MOSFET can turn ON again ?

how to check the MOSFET is ON or OFF ? you can also go to information page.

Danny

Hi Danny, yeah, recharging it or changing the undervoltage parameters does not turn the MOSFET back on. I still have to manually reset using the button. Just wasn't sure if there was an easier way since I have to take the case apart to do that.

Back