E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

since speedlimits are not "existent" in nucular he talks about the silixcon.
and i do either. you can program by yourself speed limits, power limits and torque settings.

of course everything in the range of the overall/generel max power of 2500w and the 45kph speedlimit.

Where do I hook up the magnetic USB cable exactly? I need to raise the speed limit on my Silixcon controller.

Glad to be wrong about silixcon programming. Where can we buy the programming wire and what software do we need?

there are not that much options. you can see them but they are locked ;)
But if you use it for whats its made....a trail bike you dont need to change any other settings except of your modes or speedlimits.
25 is pretty annoying so i changed them also to 32 (1-3 and 40 in mode 4)
i reduced the trq also for mode 1 because it was to easy to pedal in flat into the speed limit.

with stock battery i had no problem getting 75km out of it.

I would assume / Hope the setting with potential damaging consequences would be locked.

But the ones that would not should be open. Like max power level in each mode or various PAS levels.

I wonder if the ones that tune the pedal assist are open?

It would actually be interesting if LMX would clarify what can be user changed and what cannot, as well as if they would be open to unlocking some parameters on request, assuming a loss of warranty if needed.

dreams are allowed :mrgreen:
they will not open any settings. i wouldnt do either. homologation stuff ...

things that should possible to change is definitly the god damn sound of switching modes. they are so loud that pedestrians turn around.

i show you my face switching on the bike between mountainbikers ---> :oops:

lol.

the only real issue is the LVC
its below 42v. (14x3.0v) and should be fixed from LMX.

when battery hits 42v you get a hard cut from the BMS and you stuck immediately on a hill climb.
If you have 20% left and use mode 4 for the hill, the voltage sag hits LVC and your done.

The controller would smooth it down(reduce power) to 42v until zero watt and you would never have a BMS cut.

beside that "maybe" (from Adaptto experience) a BMS cut under full load can damage other things/controller.

Merlin said:
hkj said:
Where do I hook up the magnetic USB cable exactly? I need to raise the speed limit on my Silixcon controller.

At the bottom of your battery. Next to the fuse for the dc/dc

You can order the wire in lmx shop

Software direct from website silixcon

Hi Merlin

Thanks for the help, I am stoked I can raise the speed limit.
I bought the magnetic usb cable that has a large plastic cover that looks like it is to fit around the motor. Because it came with no instructions I could figure out where it need to go. Do you have to take the motor out to fit it?

In terms of speed limit. With my 14t sprocket mine tops out at 64km's, is the 45km cut out for homologated versions?

cache-cable-2021-cable-usb.jpg

Simonten said:
I hope I dont have to take the motor out as that is a mission

Yep, it's a motor out job. I'm guessing your bike, like mine, is the version with the Silixcon controller that didn't come with the programming port in the frame. Worst part of the job is tucking all the cable back under the motor whilst jiggling the motor into position and screw in the bolts

briangv99 said:
Simonten said:
I hope I dont have to take the motor out as that is a mission

Yep, it's a motor out job. I'm guessing your bike, like mine, is the version with the Silixcon controller that didn't come with the programming port in the frame. Worst part of the job is tucking all the cable back under the motor whilst jiggling the motor into position and screw in the bolts
Thanks briang
I might be able to use the none magnetic cable i have instead and just tape it up and not worry about the using the magnetic frame.

My rear sprocket is chewing up the side of my belt...
DSC_6588.JPG
DSC_6589.JPG

Does this matter much? Any idea's on how to fix it?

I don't see how I could align things any better. About the only thing I could do is space out the rear sprocket guard a bit, but then there would just be a gap between it and the sprocket teeth...is that ok?

Cheers

Newer belt sprokets have the flange already machined in, and with some chamfer to avoid that. But they are now 118T so changing that would need to change also other things in your system.

Regarding the settings, yeah most of them are blocked for homologation reasons.
But I see no issue to let advanced users change the settings of the diferent maps within the global power and speed limits we have set.
We actually deliver all bikes, 64H or 64, with the exact same software and limits. It eases our manufacturing and warranty process, as we do not have to maintain two branches of parameters set.

I will check if beepvol is user settable within the user acces level.
If there are some special parameters you would like to set, we can shedule a remote session and have a look.
If it is something reasonable and not impacting homologation I will do it for free. If it is for speed or power increase, we will not do it, even for LMX 64T.

It's true that the hard BMS cut is not ideal, but in earlier SW we did not have a good battery estimator algorythm and we had to set the limits in a way that we got somewhat realistic display % levels.
With the new BEST estimator that was implemented during summer, we should be able to fix that and have a soft LVC before battery cutout. The screen % should now be pretty realistic, exepted under high load at low battery %.

The magnetic usb cable was only implemented a few months ago, around November I think. We have both cables available, the normal one that conncets direct to the controller for older bikes (usually thru the drain hole of the frame) and the magnetic one that is a extension wire that plugs into the same controller port.

Today recieve my carbon belts from usa ,gates gt polychain carbon usa patent bleu coat mach my bike :D , increas in torque more direct with this polychain gt carbon belt from gates , down side little bit noisy but get some miles on it wil be better a think with the noise , this belt is not the carbon v version but other gt carbon version.

gonna test it out with this belt .

Cowardlyduck said:
My rear sprocket is chewing up the side of my belt...
Does this matter much? Any idea's on how to fix it?
I don't see how I could align things any better. About the only thing I could do is space out the rear sprocket guard a bit, but then there would just be a gap between it and the sprocket teeth...is that ok?

Cheers
Have you tried putting a long aluminum ruler against the rear sprocket and see if there is a default of alignment or offset with the front one?

bzhwindtalker said:
Newer belt sprokets have the flange already machined in, and with some chamfer to avoid that. But they are now 118T so changing that would need to change also other things in your system.
Thanks Adam. That is probably all I need to do...add a chamfer to the flange. I can do that with a dremel sander pretty easily and it will probably solve it. :D

@croydon, that belt looks awesome! I want one! Can you share how much it cost and where you got it?

Cheers

bzhwindtalker said:

Regarding the settings, yeah most of them are blocked for homologation reasons.
But I see no issue to let advanced users change the settings of the diferent maps within the global power and speed limits we have set.
We actually deliver all bikes, 64H or 64, with the exact same software and limits. It eases our manufacturing and warranty process, as we do not have to maintain two branches of parameters set.

I will check if beepvol is user settable within the user acces level.
If there are some special parameters you would like to set, we can shedule a remote session and have a look.
If it is something reasonable and not impacting homologation I will do it for free. If it is for speed or power increase, we will not do it, even for LMX 64T.

It's true that the hard BMS cut is not ideal, but in earlier SW we did not have a good battery estimator algorythm and we had to set the limits in a way that we got somewhat realistic display % levels.
With the new BEST estimator that was implemented during summer, we should be able to fix that and have a soft LVC before battery cutout. The screen % should now be pretty realistic, exepted under high load at low battery %.

The magnetic usb cable was only implemented a few months ago, around November I think. We have both cables available, the normal one that conncets direct to the controller for older bikes (usually thru the drain hole of the frame) and the magnetic one that is a extension wire that plugs into the same controller port.

Hi Adam

For those of us who have the pre homologation LMX with the higher top speed limit, if we get the new silixcon update will that cap our speed back to 45km's?

Anyone having issues with emgui application for Silixcon controller? Even though I've installed the libusb drivers, I'm unable to select USB iinterface and use it. The program says the libdlls dlls can't be found, but I can clearly see them in the expected application path.

Quick question for LMX 64 users.
When in pedal assist mode, is the throttle available, or do you have to change mode to enable it?

If you have to change mode, what is the procedure, is it just a single button press, or do you need to navigate to it (how many steps)?
Thanks

Back