Please help me, I am badly in need of your help with Bikee kit.

teloson

1 mW
All, I have the Best 1500W kit including a 48V 17AH stock from Bikee Bike. I'm installing the motor with the Android Bikee Control Pad app. The bike has not yet been on the road and the battery is on a table nearby. After I connected the battery to the motor, As soon as I switched on the battery, the motor kicked in without any control, neither the pedal nor the throttle. Furthermore, I have not been able to connect to the Best motor kit using an Android Bikee application on my phone. I contacted Bikee technical support. They said the issue is the controller and I need to buy a new one....

Much Appreciate to any help!

Attachments

• 20210330_173957.jpg
    20210330_173957.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 587
  • 20210330_174012.jpg
    20210330_174012.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 587
  • 20210330_174047.jpg
    20210330_174047.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 587
teloson said:
All, I have the Best 1500W kit including a 48V 17AH stock from Bikee Bike. I'm installing the motor with the Android Bikee Control Pad app. The bike has not yet been on the road and the battery is on a table nearby. After I connected the battery to the motor, As soon as I switched on the battery, the motor kicked in without any control, neither the pedal nor the throttle. Furthermore, I have not been able to connect to the Best motor kit using an Android Bikee application on my phone. I contacted Bikee technical support. They said the issue is the controller and I need to buy a new one....
If the controller runs the motor even with the throttle and PAS inputs disconnected, then there is something wrong with the controller.

If it is a brand new system I would expect that should be under warranty, but some manufacturers / sellers don't offer warranties, so in that case, you'd have to buy a new controller to fix the problem.

If it's not under warranty anyway, and the controller can be opened up, we may be able to walk you thru checking basic things like wiring and cables, but if it's beyond things like those, it will be more difficult (or not possible) to repair (parts may not be available).

I hope that they make better hardware than they do videos:
https://youtu.be/lh2PKcqJ2_8

I sure you have tried it already but try unplugging the throttle as well.

The concept of having a vehicle that is dependent on a fickle smartphone and bluetooth boggles the imagination.
What could possibly go wrong?

Aberwolf/LewTwo,

Thank you so very much for your response!

I wouldn't have reached to your help if they honored the terms of a warranty. I am not affordable another controller. It would be beyond insane. As you see in the picture, the frame's down tube is not long enough for mounting the battery. Attached is the price of 0.7m extension cable. what do you think the cost for a controller, in EUR? I paid $3200 for the kit including Paypal fee both sides (Seller and Buyer), other currency fee, plus 2.9% of the transaction amount funded from credit card balance. That based on the live mid-market exchange rates today (1 USD = 0.859360 EUR). The bike is still on a rack with a dead controller and a 18 month old Honghaoshen battery. Another controller's outside of my affordability.
I really appreciate you helping me with this.
cable.jpg

LewTwo said:
I hope that they make better hardware than they do videos:
https://youtu.be/lh2PKcqJ2_8

I sure you have tried it already but try unplugging the throttle as well.

The concept of having a vehicle that is dependent on a fickle smartphone and bluetooth boggles the imagination.
What could possibly go wrong?

it looks like it is the same group responsible for the "lightest ebike" kit thats been discussed here on indiegogo.

First, you got hosed.

Second, you really, REALLY need to learn to shop smarter.

That price is WAY too high, and the vendor is sketchy.

You did not measure the frame carefully for battery clearance before ordering? Again, ?????

At this point, you need to first confirm a decision whether it is worth going forward, or investing in a different motor kit. If you continue, you first need to verify controller type, location, availability, or compatible replacement. If, as is likely, it is internally located, and parts are unavailable, then replacement with an external controller is usually possible but the work involved may be outside your comfort zone. Even if the replacement is available, substituting the external controller should be carefully evaluated.

The dependence on a smartphone app is a stupid idea, and you want to avoid stupid ideas.

Send the faulty controller out for local repair/evaluation. And then decide what to do next.

AngryBob said:
First, you got hosed.

Second, you really, REALLY need to learn to shop smarter.

That price is WAY too high, and the vendor is sketchy.

You did not measure the frame carefully for battery clearance before ordering? Again, ?????

At this point, you need to first confirm a decision whether it is worth going forward, or investing in a different motor kit. If you continue, you first need to verify controller type, location, availability, or compatible replacement. If, as is likely, it is internally located, and parts are unavailable, then replacement with an external controller is usually possible but the work involved may be outside your comfort zone. Even if the replacement is available, substituting the external controller should be carefully evaluated.

The dependence on a smartphone app is a stupid idea, and you want to avoid stupid ideas.

AngryBob,

I did measure the frame. I even took and sent them the pix below.
View attachment 1

and the response was
cablelong2.jpg

That was 7 days before the shipment. I thought they would have thrown it in. I didn't know it was 120 EUR. It's ridiculous then I called Higo cable, the company name on cable, talked with Jefferson. The answers made me laughing (I couldn't stop laughing for awhile) Wow they know to make money. It's just 3 pin connectors of 16 AWG PVC cooper wire, it's not even silicon wire.

Attachments

• WIN_20201202_21_11_15_Scan (2).jpg
    WIN_20201202_21_11_15_Scan (2).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 520
Geez.. you could have soldered together a cable for $20 in parts instead..
Hell, for that price you could have also bought all the tools necessary to do the soldering too.

Now you know!

neptronix said:
Does bikee not have a warranty on the product you bought?

I suppose the kit is under warranty. I believe that Bikee thought it's my fault while connecting the stock battery to the controller. As you can see in the picture, they are 3 pin connectors from Higo Cable. Honestly I don't know much about it.

Attachments

• WIN_20201128_14_31_42_Scan-3.jpg
    WIN_20201128_14_31_42_Scan-3.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 499
Since you have the kit there, you'd need to tell us what connects to that plug for us to tell you what it *might* be for.

Regarding the manufacturer, this is Matteo Spaggiari, the founder of Bikee Bike:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35401
if you'd like to try to communicate with him here on ES.

Here is another thread that discusses issues with the company:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=95823

Here is a link from PilotEngineer (Matteo, above) for the manual:
https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bikeebike.com/uploads/1/2/6/8/12686946/bikee_bike_best_ebike_kit_user_guide.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjTvYXc5-_cAhUQxYUKHaNtDrQQFjAAegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw0dawkDUCUYhL2l-aQHkiWM
it will also be attached to this post once I can get the internet to work well enough to finish the upload.

teloson said:
Another controller's outside of my affordability.
Are you willing to open things up and do some measurements with a multimeter? (even one of the cheap ones that's sometimes free with coupon from harbor freight)

Alternately, you could just get a generic brushless sensorless motor controller, which is cheaper than their extension cable by far, and wire it up to the motor, PAS, and throttle, in place of the original.

We'd just need to know more about the connections you have available on motor, PAS, and throttle, and what you need the system to do for you, to help determine which controller would be a good replacement for you.

Is teh PAS a separate thing from the unit, or is it built into the module? Is it just a cadence PAS, or is it torque-based? If the PAS is built into the unit, then it could easily be a problem with that or it's wiring causing the motor to run without throttle connected.

Have you actualy tried the unit without the throttle connected?

BTW, you may also want to create a thread in Vendor Relations Corner about your entire experience, step by step, with the Bikee company, so that others can be pointed there whenever they indicate an interest in their stuff. ;)

Also, you show this picture with three unconnected wires. What do those go to? If there are unconnected wires, they could easily be the entire reason it is not working. Were they in this condition when the kit was received? Or modified after you received it?

teloson said:
neptronix said:
Does bikee not have a warranty on the product you bought?

I suppose the kit is under warranty. I believe that Bikee thought it's my fault while connecting the stock battery to the controller. As you can see in the picture, they are 3 pin connectors from Higo Cable. Honestly I don't know much about it.

The female connector from the battery is connected to the male connector of the controller:

After the connectivity:
20210330_174047.jpg

Attachments

• WIN_20201202_21_11_15_Scan (2).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 474
  • WIN_20201128_14_31_42_Scan-3.jpg
    WIN_20201128_14_31_42_Scan-3.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 474
teloson said:
The female connector from the battery is connected to the male connector of the controller:

Why is there black electrical tape and green paper tape on the connection? If using Higos they should just plug together?

Perhaps you should give us the *entire*, complete, step-by-step, exact detailed scenario from the moment you received the parts to the time it began exhibiting the present behavior.

1--received box from Bikee
2--opened box
3--removed part a from box
4--remvoed part b from box
5--opened part a...
27--charged battery for first time, by connecting supplied charger to wall and then to battery charger plug
28--removed cranks and crankshaft from bike's BB shell
29--inserted Bikee crrankshaft into bike's BB shell
30--installed Bikee securing hardware
31--connected bikee throttle cable to bikee unit's throttle connector...
etc.

As detailed and as complete as you can, including every troubleshooting step performed so far, leaving *nothing* out.

It may help us help you find the specific problem, and also help us understand better why Bikee would void your warranty for connecting their supplied battery to their supplied kit using their supplied cabling, etc. (this usually only happens if something has been modified).

Afterthe connectivity:
20210330_174047.jpg
20210330_174047circled.jpg

Thanks so much amberwolf for looking into my problem. Like I said, I am not affordable for another controller. I just wished the largest forum members would help me any way they can. I did order the kit on Oct 9th, 2020, 9:40 AM. They gave me the Fedex tracking number[https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?trknbr=771882878210&trkqual=2459146000~771882878210~FX] that I have never received it. fedex.jpg. Until the Nov 20th, 2020, 11:28 AM, I noticed that my package sent via the DHL express without the battery. For complete, step-by-step, exact detailed scenario, I paid the import tax lesser an hour when I received the alert email from DHL Express (I guessed buyers supposed to pay tax). I decided to cancel the battery order. They would not accept my request. After few days, I received a battery from Fedex shipping. As your request, I opened the package and found out it came with the European plug. euplug.jpg. After emailing Bikee about my issue, they did offer the refund though. plugrefund.jpg. It's just $30, not a big deal then I refused the offer. That was nice of Bikee.
okayplug.jpg
Unfortunately, shortly after receiving the Best kit, my baby brother passed away in Oklahoma state. I spent most of my time with my family after that. Until last week, we had the Spring Break for a week. I just wanted to take the opportunity to get back to the Best kit. I was not sure that I knew what I was doing. I might make a mistake. If you were me, what you think about the cost of the failed controller. Just don't get me wrong, if they asked the extension cable for 120 EUR, the Matteo Spaggiari, the founder of Bikee Bike would have had the answer for it.

Unless you're willing to read our posts and answer the questions, as asked, there's not much we can do to help.

I learnt a big lesson on the Bikee Best kit. I wished there would some kind of warning messages that alert the user of a condition that might cause a problem.

So you don't actually want any help fixing it?

If not, I can just move this thread to Vendor Relations Corner for you, and you can buy some other kit to motorize your bike, that may work with the battery you already have. ;)

teloson said:
I learnt a big lesson on the Bikee Best kit. I wished there would some kind of warning messages that alert the user of a condition that might cause a problem.

amberwolf said:
So you don't actually want any help fixing it?

If not, I can just move this thread to Vendor Relations Corner for you, and you can buy some other kit to motorize your bike, that may work with the battery you already have. ;)

teloson said:
Amberwolf,
I used a multimeter to measure the battery voltage. No matter how hard I tried to do it. The multimeter displayed 0.0V. If I recall correctly, It showed 53.3V last time. Did I kill the battery too?

I hopefully could use your expertise in this area. What could go wrong here?

At this difficult time, it’s so nice to feel appreciated.

꧁༒Kal EL༒꧂ said:
First of all your ebike really looks cool, especially that rear suspension.
As your whole system is of very high wattage, you should use a controller of very reliable company!

Thanks Kal EL, it would be much cooler if it can rolling.

teloson said:
At this difficult time, it’s so nice to feel appreciated.

:) If we had had a post of the day section, I'd nominate this. :)

We are trying to help. Slow down. Take a deep breath. AW will help you if you give him a chance.

No worries...🚵

Back