How cardiologists game the system

7 minute summary by Dr Greger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V49FzqTqhI&ab_channel=NutritionFacts.org :bigthumb:
Anybody you know get a stent as an outpatient? they were scammed :shock:
(stents save lives in the ER, not as elective surgery)

one surprising fact is how many in the usa have some degree of heart disease. a study of car crash deaths showed nearly everybody had it :shock: this includes children :shock:
caused by SAD- the standard american diet (lots of saturated fat)
there was one pic titled "this is not a pizza" (really looked like one) :shock:

Caused by government allowing the standard diet to happen and government being paid off by corporate lobbyists.

Another interesting fact, when time changes occur and people lose an hour of sleep there are more car crashes and hospital stays. 25% more.
And when people gain an hour, its 25% less

Matt Gruber said:
one surprising fact is how many in the usa have some degree of heart disease. a study of car crash deaths showed nearly everybody had it :shock: this includes children :shock:
caused by SAD- the standard american diet (lots of saturated fat)
there was one pic titled "this is not a pizza" (really looked like one) :shock:

markz said:
Caused by government allowing the standard diet to happen and government being paid off by corporate lobbyists.
I did see a video on that, one of the more nefarious things Nixon is infamous for :roll: he wanted everyone to be fat and happy, to get votes :roll:
As for the time clock change, i change my clock after breakfast. so there is no effect on my sleep. 8)
i think the accidents may be caused by driving in the dark, or dawn sun hitting the windshield at a different angle. or maybe confusion of the biorythm.
clock change is one of the dumbest ideas of all time :lol: i'm saving daylight so i won't wake of old someday, out of money and in the dark :lol:

Sleep expert Matthew Walker talks about what lack of sleep does and the health impacts. The particular video I watched last night was a Google Talks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1yGw_hfEfk
Saying the same lines in every video he is in.

Matt Gruber said:

The amount of sleep is closely tied to the amount of fat. With SAD, 8-9 hours is typical. With my 7% calories from fat, blood flow is improved so much, i only need 6-7 hours :shock: Sometimes i only get 5 which would be a disaster on SAD, but as long as i get 6-7 the next night, i'm fine. Needing less sleep on a healthy diet may seem obvious, but how many make the connection?
Sleep is the process by which the body makes repairs and gets rid of waste. Better blood flow is critical to reducing the time needed 8)
The amount of sleep is going to vary from person to person. At first i thought something was wrong with me that i could not sleep 8 hours anymore, i even asked my Dr. He said he would not try to treat anyone that got 5+ hours sleep :shock:

Back