E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Is the polycarbon belt the same weight and noise reduction as the HP belt?

I am interested to see how much mileage I get out of my belt since I dont have a throttle

New roller and belt installed. It was shipped with 4 spacers but I ended up only using three of them. Not sure what the idea is since no instructions came with the roller. Not using the new expensive belt. For now, I'll use the regular one last time.

PXL_20210404_132821601.jpg

Does anyone know if the e-brakes on the LMX are "Openers" (normally closed), or "Closers" (normally open)?

I am wondering what works best with the Silixcon controller, or if the controller has inputs for either.

Driving - NC. JWPF 4pin female plug, red pin4 + 5V to blue pin2 brake signal. Others: black pin1 is isolated ground for throttle, green pin3 is throttle signal.

ringring said:
Driving - NC. JWPF 4pin female plug, red pin4 + 5V to blue pin2 brake signal. Others: black pin1 is isolated ground for throttle, green pin3 is throttle signal.

Thanks,
I assume by NC you mean Normally Closed when riding, and open circuits when braking.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by JWPF and the actual wiring.

If this is an interrupt circuit (open when braking), I assume we either need to interrupt a harness wire to go through the brake sensor, or the harness already has one output wire to go to one of the brake connector, and one input wire to receive the other wire from the brake.

Either way if you can provide more details, that would be great.

Also, do you know by any chance if the Silixcon could also work with a Normally open lever (make connection on braking), as these are more convenient to connect brake lights.

Thanks again, appreciate your time.

@scrambler

Yes, NC - normally closed while driving.
JWPF - is a type of connector manufactured by J.S.T. Mfg. Co., Ltd. Are used by silixcon. The controller has several of them. There is a 4-pin JWPF female connector for throttle and brake cut-off: 1 black isolated ground, 2 blue brake signals, 3 green throttle signals, red + 5V.
The LMX does not use the brake cut-off function. To drive the bike pin4, the red wire (+ 5V) is permanently connected to the blue wire on pin2 (brake signal). Pins 1, 3, 4 are for the throttle.
Take off the motor, below is controler silixcon and connectors. Find the 4pin connector - black, blue, green, red wires. Disconnect the connector, strip the insulation of the male connector, pin4 is connected to pin2. If you disconnect the connection from pin2 to pin4, the motor will not work.
In my LMX64 I made NC brakes and connected to pin2 and pin4.
I don't know if it can work with a normally open lever. It may be necessary to program the controller to NO.

The instructions were helpful: https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1UyIg-EUufEwdt14pjJqswG2xqxYfuM_0/1kV1oBaLHPOIneGdX6TyQu53wiTcRtf3p/1EV9828Q2E7wOdsharing=6F=13da_DBDF=13DBDBDF

Hmm, something wrong, I can't link the complete link. If you want I will send a private message with pdf instruction. Or search for silixcon.com, then download then customer documentation then datasheets and select the SC model

ringring said:
Hmm, something wrong, I can't link the complete link. If you want I will send a private message with pdf instruction. Or search for silixcon.com, then download then customer documentation then datasheets and select the SC model

Thanks, I had actually been on the Silixcon site download section but for some reason had missed that specific one :)

Ok, had a crack at fitting the rear wheel with the new belt/pulley and nothing's lining up. :oops:

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I removed/reinstalled the whole assembly about 5 times with different spacers washers each time trying to line it up. Finally when I thought I had it all lined up...nope, rubs and makes a horrible noise.

DSC_6686.JPG
DSC_6687.JPG
DSC_6688.JPG
DSC_6689.JPG

What is the trick here? Should I flip the pulley so the flange is on the other side? Maybe the gen 1 pulley arm or rear sprocket don't have the same spacing...should I space the rear sprocket differently?
Open to any suggestions...even if that's just to keep trying. :)

Cheers

bzhwindtalker said:
Move the tensionner M8 nut to the other side (bolt turns 180°), and also the pulley flange to the other side.
Thanks Adam!
I switched over the whole tensioner arm as well, but I think I need to swap it back now as I've reached the limit for adjustment and it's still not pushed over enough.
This is after another 3-4 complete reinstallations...super painful!
DSC_6697.JPG
DSC_6698.JPG

Getting much closer though, so I'll try a few more adjustments.

Cheers

I am about to receive my belt kit. Do you know what tool to use in order to remove the brake disc center lock?
Thanks for your help

Freakyfuego1 said:
I am about to receive my belt kit. Do you know what tool to use in order to remove the brake disc center lock?
Thanks for your help

You want a tool like this:

Think they are called hook spanner wrench
https://www.briklas.se/product/a-mag-rostfri-haknyckel

Lmx sells such a tool:
https://lmxbikes.com/en/chassis-parts/275-tool-for-lmx-64-rear-hub-disc-retainer-nut.html
I bought it, it works very well.

Thank you for the link! I had been looking on LMX website and could not find it
Unfortunately I ordered today plumber tool which I paid 3 times the price and that will not fit as well as what LMX advocates

Adam should definitely re arrange the LMX spare parts webpages with different categories including Tools, parts for LMX 64, parts for LMX 161. That’s my opinion

Freakyfuego1 said:
Adam should definitely re arrange the LMX spare parts webpages with different categories including Tools, parts for LMX 64, parts for LMX 161. That’s my opinion

I totally agree!

Thank you Adam, keep it up.

Whist we are on the subject of the webshop, would you have any plan to extend the "goodies" line soon? My son and my daughter are wearing the LMX jacket every day. I would love to buy them some kind of windshell jacket with the LMX logo.

Hey CD,

Did you get the belt tensioner in a good position? I have a sound that I definitely did not have before.
I looks aligned and runs like usual but I believe it's still rubbing some where even though I cannot see it. I asked Adam for some more detailed instructions but I haven't got a reply yet.

Back