Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

j bjork said:
I have posted them a few times in the thread, but here you go:

pUTSsSQ.jpg

ShuG1zc.jpg

IRQtJ1T.jpg

DlCFErT.jpg

I have made some small changes since those pictures were taken, but this is basically it.
These settings probably dont work on the newer controllers (sw and hw version on page one)
It seems like flux-weakening compensation on page 2 is not the same thing, and the box to the right on flux-wekening in sport mode is used to tune the motor. Maybe the box to the right on the other flux-w settings too. But there are some info on that on the last few pages.
I reach at least 8000 rpm with these settings.

Thank you mate for sharing with me those settings! I tried a few times them and some of the combination and it doesn't work :(

I don't know what to think, is it a matter of configs or some bugs of the controller.

The issue that the motor doesn't rotate when the FW value is more than 2700. Trying hard to reach Votol to help me with it.

j bjork said:
Prashan, I have never made much sense of what is what in those settings.
There is some info in the thred, but not of all af it as far as I know.

Nennko, look at the settings for the newer controllers in the last few pages.
Maybe those work on your controller.

j bjork, mate, thank you for your suggestions, I am glad to share with you my happiness about finishing the configs in the proper way.

I've got configs file directly from Votol and eventually, I have the result I needed and I can make adjustments I need regarding the RPM, now I keep 7500 and this is awesome :D :D :D

Below I attach my settings, hopefully, it might help someone else as I struggled to get it and will simplify someone's way in configuring.

9VjQVfV.jpg

urknVbJ.jpg

gKzjZs0.jpg

seNlq4w.jpg

5bopIDL.jpg

Z6 controls question. I have matched up the wires from the z6 controls to the wires from the em150 for the most part. Does sport mode on turn on while only holding down the S button?, it looks like a momentary switch, or a press of the S button switches it into sports mode? Also I would like to use the P button for the hard brake, or the horn button for the hard brake would that work? I just do not want to mix the 12 volt with the controler signals ( what ever voltage that is) . Also could someone give me a definate color code for the 1 2 3 speed switch and how it matches with the em 150 wires , the manual is a bit fuzzy there. Why does that seem to be the only switch that has its own ground besides the throttle?

@Oldbone: Play with the 3 checkboxes. One of them inverts, the other reconfigures a momentary press to toggle and the 3rd I forgot. I didn't got toggle work for sports mode, but I never tried more than a few minutes, due to I use the 3rd gear position of the gear switch for sports mode.

Hello again everyone, I'm having some issues with my bike cutting out whenever I give it much more then half throttle. It turns off entirely and requires the breakers to be reset to get the controller back online. I hooked up my current meter and turns out that im pulling over 100a on my em100 so its shutting itself off. I have the Busbar current set to only 30A so clearly I am missing something. How do I actually limit the current on this thing so I dont have to watch my power meter more than watching the road.

Edit: I tried putting it into sport mode and using the current limiting values there, but nothing changed. I'm still pulling over 100 amps if i just leave it at 100% throttle. it usually cuts out once the current goes too high, then acts like its in limp mode for the next 5 minutes or so after its been reset.

200 Error code, HELP
in the display screen with controler box checked
also Parking brake still engaged all my wires are right, I unclicked the SW on parking and chicked empty value as well. param write, my info save and the Parking circle is still checked on the display box, then I get error code 200? Help!! Im pulling my hair out, I van not find any info on the 200 error code.

I got it going, I just had to keep programming , I actually removed the parking to a empty, no value. and it finally took after I wrote configure, and disconnected, and re connected several times, I waited 10 min or so in between reconnecting to program.

12 volt high brake question. Does the high brake take 12 volt + or 12 volt - ? also what % are people using for the brake value? Thanks

By the way, I am looking desperately the 2.33 version of votol em-100 .bin file... anyone has it?

Enviado desde mi SM-N960U mediante Tapatalk

leyva.ale said:
Usually 15-20 % but depends on motor kv

And gearing ratio / torque lever

Smaller wheel will brake harder, higher gearing for a mid drive will brake harder.

Oh yeah, you're right!!! I was thinking only in hubs motors without gear

GRINDING NOISE COMING FROM MOTOR??? I have been working my settings, now i get a grinding noise coming from motor when I apply a lot of throttle, I have to feather the throttle to avoid the grinding noise? any clue as to what setting I have screwed up now?

leyva.ale said:
IronMan said:
So, its my first post but Ive been reading ALL of this thread... first and most important I must say that new 4th generation Votol EM-50/100/150/200/250/300 has NEW firmware (.bin) that behaves differently, in older votol (still in stock) the values in flux and % slots were put the same and was about double voltaje settings, BUT in these 4t gen boards only left side means what you think it means, right side is for other adjustments like jitter (timing of frequency, used to adjust the motor: when you hit it too low the motor spins suddenly, if you go to far the motor vibrates half throttle, the adjust range is 100-1200 and its usually right around 300n you notice the motor starts spinning real smooth and slow, with no fluctuation) this jitter is the second or right slot box of sport mode flux weakening, if u leave it at 0 motor wont start..
And so, many things changed and the problem isnt defective controller or bugy software.. the problem is that these people designing this hard stuff are real CHINESE people, and the info is lost along the way.. even inside Votol company..
I will do a real manual for this sh*t and ensure we all know what every part of this software does.. I even know how to use the calibration section of software and I must say EVERYTHING in this software works and works fine, and its hi-tech also..
I do have the new firmware update (bin file) at least one of it, and I would like to have the older one or a newer one, so.. hi to all of you, and replay so i know this thread isnt dead, any questions to me I'll answer no problem.. salute

Hello>
I have repaired recently an votol EM100 and keep for myself. I used to config older versions, but in this case, with the new firmware, i am completly lost. The english manual is unuseless. So i will aprecciate a lot some guideness here.
I ahve reading the wholw post and some things ar very clear, others not.
Any way, i have the .bin if someone need it. Justo form EM100, not EM150
I also want to repair votol em100, may I have a .bin file for votol em100? patty_sense@hotmail.com

Dear All,

I bought a complete set (QS138+Votol controller+throttle pedal) from the QS store.
It works well, and I'm thinking on how can it be safer if anything happens with the hall sensor inside the pedal. I want to make sure that the car can't start without pressing the pedal.

If has a switch also, it switches at the default position of the pedal.
Where can I connect it?
- To the E-lock line? In this case it will disable the controller all the time when you release the pedal. Is it good or make other faults, disable the regen function?
- connect series with the hall signal line? The controller will see it like as a hall error.

I have no idea, maybe somebody have better.

The pedal is the following one:
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/0-5V%20Electric%20%20accelerator%20Throttle%20Pedal%20for%20tricycle%20car/362.html

Thank you for the help.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 8T eszközömről

Hello dear members,

i read a lot here in this topic and learned even more but i still cant make my EM-150 working properly.

I have got a 3000W QS Hub Motor (V2) with 28 pole pairs powered by a 72V 2 x 35Ah Battery.
The Bike was delivered with a VOTOL EM-50.
I tweaked some of the parameters and it works fine. It just tends to overheat at higher speed.
Here is the config for the EM-50:
EM-50.jpg

I tried to replace the EM-50 with a EM-150 to solve the overheat problem and propably a little more acceleration.
With a lot of Infos from this topic i made the Motor running but is not verry smooth.
Something seems to be wrong in my configuration but i cant figure out what it is.
Here is the config for the EM-150:
EM-150.jpg

Additionally parking mode and reverse are not working with the EM-150.
Anybody got an Idea whats wrong?

I think the more obvious is connect the switch to the parking line or the low brake line of the vitol

kiggyo said:
Dear All,

I bought a complete set (QS138+Votol controller+throttle pedal) from the QS store.
It works well, and I'm thinking on how can it be safer if anything happens with the hall sensor inside the pedal. I want to make sure that the car can't start without pressing the pedal.

If has a switch also, it switches at the default position of the pedal.
Where can I connect it?
- To the E-lock line? In this case it will disable the controller all the time when you release the pedal. Is it good or make other faults, disable the regen function?
- connect series with the hall signal line? The controller will see it like as a hall error.

I have no idea, maybe somebody have better.

The pedal is the following one:
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/0-5V%20Electric%20%20accelerator%20Throttle%20Pedal%20for%20tricycle%20car/362.html

Thank you for the help.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 8T eszközömről
I think the better way is connect parking line or low brake to the switch

tnk4_phoenixxx said:
Hello dear members,

i read a lot here in this topic and learned even more but i still cant make my EM-150 working properly.

I have got a 3000W QS Hub Motor (V2) with 28 pole pairs powered by a 72V 2 x 35Ah Battery.
The Bike was delivered with a VOTOL EM-50.
I tweaked some of the parameters and it works fine. It just tends to overheat at higher speed.
Here is the config for the EM-50:
View attachment 1

I tried to replace the EM-50 with a EM-150 to solve the overheat problem and propably a little more acceleration.
With a lot of Infos from this topic i made the Motor running but is not verry smooth.
Something seems to be wrong in my configuration but i cant figure out what it is.
Here is the config for the EM-150:

Additionally parking mode and reverse are not working with the EM-150.
Anybody got an Idea whats wrong?
Hello, can you upload photos one by one? Can't see properly

of course here they come:

The EM 50 wich works fine:
Page_1.PNG
Page_2.PNG
Page_3.PNG
Page_4.PNG
Page_5.PNG

The EM 150 wich runs pretty noisy and with some "hits" at higher rpm
Page1.PNG