Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

There is a small tab that can be useful for quick orientation off VLCD5 control

Attachments

• Tab_controll.pdf
    130.9 KB · Views: 211
Greetings, I'm really enjoying this firmware with my VLCD6 display. Particularly great is sensitivity to sub-revolution pedal strokes, at least when coasting or accelerating from stopped. One challenge I find is when coming to a stop, the torque sensitivity is still higher than I like even when Assist without pedal threshold is set to 1. So, I'd like to install a hydraulic brake sensor cutoff (the magnet system), but I'm not sure if this is possible with a VLCD6. I see there are kits for VLCD5's, but they don't appear compatible. Does anyone have experience with this?

If I aim in the wrong thread, please let me know.

I have used the tuning fork from emmebrusa.

Here are my settings.

What did I do wrong, if I set it to street mode with 250W and 25km/h speed limit on the screen, it does nothing. It still has full power and goes above 50km/h.

Going to drive a big tour (100km) on sunday and will drive trough a town where I want to use the legal limit 😅

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-174555_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-174555_Gallery.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,715
  • Screenshot_20210526-174550_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-174550_Gallery.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,715
mbrusa said:
Street mode must be enabled.
You can do it on the display, by reading the operating manual.
Or by enabling "Street mode enabled on startup" in the configurator.

I set the 25km/h limit on "on" in the display, but did nothing. If I enable on startup in the configurator, then it is always on when I turn the system on?

There are two possibilities:
1 - use Street mode as I have already described.
2 - use the speed limit that can be set on the display.
By default it is not possible to set the speed limit on the display, to do this you must enable "Set max speed from display" in the configurator.
Attention, it is not necessary to enable Street mode, but the power limit will be "Battery power max".

TimV said:
I set the 25km/h limit on "on" in the display, but did nothing. If I enable on startup in the configurator, then it is always on when I turn the system on?
It is important to study the enclosed manuals to understand how to change the settings with the standard display.
Because the operation is different from what you were used to do and it takes some practice to understand how it works.
That way you won't be faced with surprises during the ride.

Hmmm, after flashing like a 100times now the mtb gives an error. Streetbikes is an easy flash but the mtb wont take the firmware anymore. When I turned on the mtb before the flash it had no assistance from the motor and it said the battery had 1 bar. But the battery is full and I did 55km last wednesday wen it worked just flawlessly.
It says it cant flash because of "error on option bytes, reprogram option bytes from device", any ideas? Did the controller fail, because at start it says its 1 bar and doesnt provide assistance?

w0utje said:
It says it cant flash because of "error on option bytes, reprogram option bytes from device", any ideas? ..
Flash the optionbyte again is maybe the solution. You can do this with STVP.
The file "option_stock.ihx" inside src/controller

Yeah, tried to read it with svtp but that didnt work. Will try to flash but reading gave an error.

Flashing and reading didn't work with stvp, but only tried the main.ixh. not the option byte, will try that tomorrow. The other bike connected right away and could be easily read/ flashed. So had the wires like it is supposed to be ;)
The MTB motor was the easy motor to flash, powered it on and then it gave to low battery and no assistance. Strange cause I biked 55km last week and just turned out if and charged the battery(on the bike) after that it didn't work anymore.

w0utje said:
Flashing and reading didn't work with stvp,.....
Both had to do with right connections to the tsdz2, so check carefully for that.
I did mean opening a file with STVP. If you don't want errors....
Choose first the right tab and open a file from your computer.

Connection was right, the other motor connected easily. Going to try today if I can fix it.

Flashed the mtb a lot of times, but now after using it a week back I started it up and it showed just 1 battery bar after I charged the battery, If I pedal I get no assistance at all and the speedometer is not working at all. So tried to flash it, wich ive done 100 times before but now I doesnt work anymore. Going to try to restore the option byte file, hopefully that works. Cause I couldnt use svtp to read the files of the mtb. So I quess maybe the controller has died?
Thinking of ordering a complete motor again, so got all the spareparts I need for the 2 motors I use. Gonna try to get the mtb running again now.

After 100 times pushing the button for the flash in svtp and after 99 errors it finally did it, option byte restored and the MTB is ready for some shredding. New firmware was an ez install after that.

Hi everybody! Just today I got my TSDZ2-powered handcycle running today, but I'm having some problems related to overvoltage (E08).

I'm currently using the XH18 display with the latest release version of the firmware tool (not the pre-release). I'm using the 36V coaster brake version of the TSDZ2, along with this 48V battery (13 series and 4 parallel). My settings are as shown in this screenshot.

I successfully flashed the firmware. The motor works fine when I turn on walk assist. However, when I use pedal assist, the motor switches on for about 30 seconds, then cuts out, with the error E08 on the display. Resetting the XH18 causes it to work again for a few seconds, then repeats the same error. I assume it's something in the settings causing this, but I'm not sure what to change, and it takes some effort to make changes, compile, reflash, and test. Any help would be appreciated.

One other question - I pedal the handcycle with one arm, which is a lot of strain on that arm and also means I move slowly. From what I've seen, the TSDZ2 seems to be optimized for pedaling with more force and speed. Are there are any settings that would make the motor work better for slower pedaling and lower amounts of force?

Actually, I solved my own problem. The E08 was not overvoltage, but the speed sensor (as noted in the firmware documentation). I hadn't connected the speed sensor because the cable is too short for my bike. I went into the C code and commented out the speed sensor check, and now everything works! Once my speed sensor extension cable arrives, I'll mount the sensor and add the check back in.

Hello to all of you and congratulations for this excellent job with this OSF firmware !
I am new in this forum so, maybe, I don't post at the right place, I apologize for that if it is the case.
I have a 8 PIN TSDZ2 controller, (throttle and ebrake functions) an XH18 Display, and I tried to install brake sensors using a splitter 1T2 (6 PIN / 2 PIN), described here :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32856818376.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.66a14c4dpZbPZZ
The 6 PIN cable is connected to the XH18.
I ordered the Bafang Y Splitter cable and the magnetic brake sensors described in the following link :
https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-install-brake-sensors#Magnetic_brake_sensors
I didn't cut the Y splitter cable as described to connect it to the 6 PIN cable, but I just connected it to the 2 PIN cable of the 1T2 splitter.
But the brake sensors don't seem to be detected, and the cruise assist doesn't work. Can you tell me if it is possible to make it working ?
Many thanks for your help.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
There have been three reports of controller burned with v20.1C.3 version for VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 series displays, it may not be random.
As a precaution, I have decided to withdraw it until I have identified the possible cause.
I invite all users of this version, v20.1C.3 for standard displays, to uninstall it immediately and return to version v20.1C, even those who have not had problems.

jmp said:
So my last step is to activate the cruise assist mode. With my XH18 display, how do I activate this mode, ....
With OSF v0.20.1C,
( :bolt: :bolt: Do NOT use v0.20.1C3 for the moment :bolt: :bolt: . See also the post from mbrusa, above this one)

Cruise mode: Level 3 > push light 2+2+2, wait while e04 is flashing
Choose the speed you want,
0 km/h level 0
15km/h level 1
18km/h level 2
21km/h level 3
24km/h level 4

If you want other speed limits. setup these with the configurator, second tab, "assistance settings", "cruise mode"

Back