Xie-Chang controller documents

wanders

100 W
The current "Infineon" controllers sold by Keywin and others as well as the newer 18 FET controllers which are currently being by rebuilt by Methods and Doctorbass are in fact controllers which are designed by Xie-Chang. There are controllers with the Infineon XC846 microcontroller as well as some that use a microcontroller called the XCKJ 8B116A, which I suspect is either a proprietary microcontroller or a knockoff of some other microcontroller. While Xie-Chang has a reasonably extensive product line, all their documentation is in Chinese.

I've taken the liberty of downloading all their documents, and I've converted them all to editable MS Word format, for ease of translating. I hope that some of our Endless Sphere folks can read Chinese and help translate these documents, since the Xie-Chang controller design is ubiquitous. These editable documents are attached below in a .zip file.

By the way, the controller I have came from Keywin and is his 72V/45A 1500W model. It is an OEM controller from Xie-Chang (with some finishing touches no doubt from Keywin) and is the EB812XC-A-B. An earlier version of this board (EB812XC-A-6) is in the controller which is dissected in the thread Infineon XC846 72V 45 Amp Controller. If any of you are familiar with this model, I could use some help as I'm still sorting out the issues with hooking this up to a Puma.

So with the hopes that some of y'all can read Chinese, here are the docs:

I just downloaded this on a XP Pro computer (as opposed to my home Vista box) and noticed that the filenames were messed up in the .zip file. The file contents are OK, and "a rose by any other name smells as sweet", but the filenames were meaningful in the Chinese font. I'll try to come up with a solution, and repost the file if necessary. Sorry if the filenames look bad.

too bad i don't understand Chinese.

were there any schematics on the site. board layouts are okay but the schematics and software would be a real prize.

i know i'm asking for too much. but i appreciate the board layouts, Nice work>

rick

wanders said:
I just downloaded this on a XP Pro computer (as opposed to my home Vista box) and noticed that the filenames were messed up in the .zip file. The file contents are OK, and "a rose by any other name smells as sweet", but the filenames were meaningful in the Chinese font. I'll try to come up with a solution, and repost the file if necessary. Sorry if the filenames look bad.

There is a two-stage fix for this, if you are seeing garbage (and not Chinese characters) for the filenames:

1) On Win XP, go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab and click on "Install files for East Asian Languages"

2) After this, use a good zip program, like Winzip. The embedded zip file handling in XP is too braindead to get it right. Vista seems to do the right thing...

rkosiorek said:
were there any schematics on the site. board layouts are okay but the schematics and software would be a real prize.

A prize, indeed, in fact the family jewels. In reality, there were no PCB layouts, only device location diagrams, which are good but not a board layout.

From a board layout (and a device location chart) you can get to a schematic without too much trouble. Since all of these are only 2 layer PCBs, if we had a good photograph of a PCB (both sides) and the device locations, you could get to a schematic pretty quick. AFAIK, we really don't have the good photo of the boards.

Nice!
We talked about this but since I rarely get out from my own threads I did not realize that you had already made the post over here.
We need to cross-reference this in the 18 fet thread and some of the Infineon threads so that we can keep track of it.
Good job!

I am sure this will come in very handy when people realize what an amazing value the 18 fet boards are for high power apps.

-methods

Wanders, I have made a detail instruction on the link below. I placed it on Methods' thread because he was the person who requested the info originally. I also try to minimize the confusion. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10312&p=166569#p166569

wanders said:
The current "Infineon" controllers sold by Keywin and others as well as the newer 18 FET controllers which are currently being by rebuilt by Methods and Doctorbass are in fact controllers which are designed by Xie-Chang. There are controllers with the Infineon XC846 microcontroller as well as some that use a microcontroller called the XCKJ 8B116A, which I suspect is either a proprietary microcontroller or a knockoff of some other microcontroller. While Xie-Chang has a reasonably extensive product line, all their documentation is in Chinese.

I've taken the liberty of downloading all their documents, and I've converted them all to editable MS Word format, for ease of translating. I hope that some of our Endless Sphere folks can read Chinese and help translate these documents, since the Xie-Chang controller design is ubiquitous. These editable documents are attached below in a .zip file.

By the way, the controller I have came from Keywin and is his 72V/45A 1500W model. It is an OEM controller from Xie-Chang (with some finishing touches no doubt from Keywin) and is the EB812XC-A-B. An earlier version of this board (EB812XC-A-6) is in the controller which is dissected in the thread Infineon XC846 72V 45 Amp Controller. If any of you are familiar with this model, I could use some help as I'm still sorting out the issues with hooking this up to a Puma.

So with the hopes that some of y'all can read Chinese, here are the docs:

lyen said:
Wanders, I have made a detail instruction on the link below. I placed it on Methods' thread because he was the person who requested the info originally. I also try to minimize the confusion. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10312&p=166569#p166569
Lyen, what I think is, "This is great work! Thanks!" This is an excellent walk-through on how to install the Chinese language parameter designer software on a non-Chinese PC. I will follow it to install the Infineon variant of the software (hopefully it will be similar).

So I installed some translation software ....

Example: EB206209212---CµÃ„ÑsÅúF»¦µÃ¿Ã„.doc

XCKJ 8B116A接口说明(EB206\209\212---C版本)

一、功 能 口 描 述:

1、 SP 转把电压模拟量输入端口,当转把电压达到1.1V时,芯片开始输出PWM脉冲,如果没有出现限流、欠压、刹车等非正常运行状态,占空比随着转把电压的升高而增加,当转把电压大于3.6V时,占空比达到100%,即全导通状态。
2、 SL 作为无霍尔与有霍尔的转接口.
3、 CR 对地短接为自动巡航,时间参数在“ 双机互联”对话界面中设置;也可以作按键巡航:对地碰一下进入巡航,再对地碰一下或刹车解除巡航。
4、 EBS+、EBS- 分别为高电平、低电平刹车断电接口。
5、 BK 对地短接后相应的刹车为EBS柔性刹车,同时有较好的反充电效果,同时也可选择是否需要滑行反充电。
6、 TA 中轴转速助力,当芯片接收到的方波信号的占空比<50%时认为时正转,
此时输出对应的驱动信号,否则认为是反转,输出为零。正转时输出信号正比于中轴转速。
7、 XC 相线共正仪表。( 如用48V电压的时候,共正仪表为0 - 24 ,共负仪表为24 - 0 )
8、 SLA 只是针对需要用电位器来调节到电机的速度,使用时请根据客户的实际情况来选择接线。
9、 PS-1为开关电源的小插版口(生产时需要注意插版的方向)
10、 P1 为工作模式的选择线( 选择控制器是处于标准有霍尔 / 无霍尔+自学习的工作模式 )
11、 P2 为36V、48V欠压选择线

二、 限 流 值 的 调 节:

本公司程序根据康铜丝的电阻来限流。对于同一电阻率,康铜长度固定,在“ 双机互联”对话界面中设置好“相电流”、“限流”,在调试时采用大电感量电机,就能精确调准电流。

无锡协昌科技有限公司-贴片版事业部
地 址:江苏省无锡市锡山区东港镇工业园A区
技术支持电话 :0510—81017139 传 真:0510—81026139
邮 编:214105 http://www.xie-chang.cn E-mail: xckj288@163.com

联系人: 联系电话:

协昌科技—贴片版事业部
2009年04月13日

Description XCKJ 8B116A interface (EB206 \ 209 \ 212 --- C version)

First, I describe the function:

1, SP to the analog voltage input port, when the switch when the voltage reaches 1.1V, the chip to start the output PWM pulse, if no current limiting, undervoltage, and other non-normal operation of the brake, and duty cycle as the switch voltage increase in the rise, when the switch when the voltage is greater than 3.6V, duty cycle 100%, that is, the whole state of conduction.
2, SL as a non-Hall-Hall-with the transfer interface.
3, CR-to-ground short cruise to automatically take the time parameters in the "double the Internet" dialogue interface settings; also can be used for cruise button: click to enter the touch-to-ground cruise, and then click or touch on the brake to lift the cruise.
4, EBS +, EBS-were high, low-level interface off the brake.
5, BK-to-ground after a short access to the corresponding EBS Flexible brake brakes, while a better anti-charge, but will also need to choose whether or not the anti-sliding charge.
6, TA axial speed boost, when the chip receives the duty cycle square wave signal <50% believe that when the switch is,
At this point the corresponding output driver signal, otherwise considered to be inverted, the output is zero. When the output signal is proportional to the speed axis.
7, XC instrument is a total phase. (Such as voltage 48V, the instrument is for a total of 0 - 24, Instrumentation for a total of negative 24 - 0)
8, SLA only digital devices that require power to regulate the speed of the motor, please use the actual situation according to the customer to select the connection.
9, PS-1 for switching power supply small plug version of the mouth (when the production version of the need to pay attention to the direction of interpolation)
10, P1 for the choice of line mode (select the controller is in a standard Hall / no Hall + of the work of self-learning mode)
11, P2 for the 36V, 48V line voltage selection

Second, limiting the value of the adjustment:

Procedures of the Company in accordance with the resistance of copper wire and Culture to current limiting. For the same resistivity of constantan fixed length, in the "double the Internet" dialogue interface is set up "phase current", "current limiting", used in debugging large inductance motors, will be able to accurately align current.

Technology Co., Ltd. Wuxi Xiechang - Division patch version
Address: Wuxi city, Jiangsu province town Xishan District East Industrial Park A District
Technical Support Tel :0510-81017139 Fax :0510-81026139
Zip Code: 214105 http://www.xie-chang.cn E-mail: xckj288@163.com

Xiechang Technology - Division patch version
April 13, 2009

For an 18-fet "116" controller with connections like this ...

18-fet_Connections.jpg
Here is another interesting translation from a xie-chang pdf ...

Connections.jpg

Translates something like this ...

Technology Co., Ltd. Wuxi Xiechang
I note details the functional connection (XCKJ 8B116A Single Chip)
Xiechang Technology - Division patch version
October 17, 2008

Function of the location of the mouth of the cable connection icon in the location of the realization of the functional description

1. Speed signal SP +5 V-0 SP GND

2. Speed signal lines SL SL GND

3. Adjustable speed signal lines SLA SLA GND (adjustable potentiometer)

4. Low brake EBS-EBS-GND

5. High brake EBS + EBS + 12V ~ 48V

6. Electric brake signal line BK BK GND

7. Cruise CR optional features CR GND

8. Hall signal lines SA SB SC +5 V-1 SA SB SC GND-1

9.1 +1 assistance TA +5 V-5 TA GND-6

10. Anti-theft alarm signal line TB
VCC, VCC-L, GND, TB, XC (phase signal line)
(The production of high anti-theft resistor R75 513 when you dismantle)

11. Three-speed switch X1 / X1 - X2 cycle X1-GND three-speed three-speed switch X1 X2 - GND

12. Three speed display signal lines P1, LED, P2 P1, LED, P2 (Yang received a total of +5 V, Yin received a total of GND)

13. Reversing function X 3 X3 GND (tricycle exclusive) of reversing the need to voice prompts diode

14. Cruise line instruction signal P3 P3 GND (at the same time can also be used for fault indicator)

15. Taxiing instructions AUX AUX GND signal lines

16. Hall HE Instrument function

17. SM negative instrument features meter to do the negative, the insertion of D3-4001 Q1-2N5551

18. Instrumented DX DX GND signal lines

19. Self-learning function 60 ° -120 °
60 ° with Wang to send motor, motor phase sequence A, B, C as blue, yellow, green; sequence Hall SA, SB, SC
For green, blue, yellow.
120 ° with the Australian Code Electric, the electrical phase sequence A, B, C for the yellow, blue, green; sequence Hall SA,
SB, SC for the yellow, blue, green.

20.164 meters show P1 P2
164 meter drive D, C, respectively, for the controller of P1, P2; BRK letter for the brake
Line; MOD-speed switch for three lines, cruise line signal; SPD to switch to the signal line;
164 meters in so when you R38, R60 the resistance of the original 1.5K (152) replaced 51
Ohm (510). At the same time need to achieve low brake function, set the original electric R27
Resistance 2.2K (222) replaced 10K ohm (103), the brake signal line access in the EBS +

Prepared
Note

After a major search and trawl through many threads on here and else where, i have finally found a board that the rear looks similar to the part of one pictured here.

You see, I have zapped mine and damaged a track or two around the power resistor section and particularly the transistors QS1 and QS2
After a successful attempt last time to get it working again ( despite dodgy soldering technique) it has failed.

Need to find image of the board around the transistor/ power resistor 5v reg section, or schematic, in order to facilitate a repair.

Anyone have anything stored in their files?

Here is the thread of my crapped out board
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39825&p=582612#p582612

EB218-A-2

Back