E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Billy.A said:
And finally the new rear tire arrived, I chose Michelin starcross in the medium compound because I travel about 50% of the time on asphalt.
IMG_3842[1].JPG

Great Job buddy :thumb:
are you running hope brakes? how do you rate them?
also..are you running 24x3 tyres?, im looking for an alternative to the Razorback but in this size, its very slim pickings.
regards
Bill
[/quote]

Yes I have Hope and I think they’re the best but I didn’t try anything else. I also use regen braking 99% of the time, now with Nucular I can stop without touching the disk with pads and I don’t have active regen braking.
For tyres I have stock Bomber 24x3 front and moto tyres back on 19” rim.

Billy.A said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I'm still running 203s, but after installing floating disks I definitely noticed an improvement. Not so much in braking power, but they're a lot quieter in operation.

Yes, mine are squealing and screeching, its getting quite annoying

Since brand new I've been fighting noisy brakes on my Stealth. Both ends made noise, but the rear was the worst. And it's not just my bike, my sons B52 with MT5s is even worse than mine was with MT2s. It's taken every trick in the book to finely shut those F ers up. Floating rotors helped a lot, especially in the front. If your front brake still makes noise with a floating rotor, my conclusion is Magura brakes are just noisy. Switching to Shimano XT 2 piston didn't completely solve the problem either, it still made a little noise, but after I changed the caliper to a XT 4 piston, that solved the noise problem on the front once and for all. Total success.

The rear is a different story. The rear brakes have always been the number 1 offenders, on both my bike, and my sons. Floating rotors only gets you halfway there. It also took a set of concave/convex brake washers that allow additional adjustment in a direction you can't do stock. Now the brakes on my bike are as quiet as the best I've ever experienced. It only took me 7 years to get here.

This is what they look like

s-l1600ccc.jpg

Billy.A said:
what pads are you running Tom and is your rear rotor a standard storm 203?
Cheers

I’m running the pads that come with the brake set…..not 100% sure. Back brake is a Hayes Stroker Ace with a standard Hayes 203mm rotor. I don’t remember if it’s a storm or not and it doesn’t say on it.

Tom

bigbore said:
Then a bit of maintenance at the Bomber ....
Yesterday I changed the oil on the 888 RC3 V2 fork. The only thing I don't understand is if the return it presents is normal, maybe someone can explain to me. I put 300ml of oil in the part with the damping cartridge.
[youtube]Mwx4Ic243cE[/youtube]

And finally the new rear tire arrived, I chose Michelin starcross in the medium compound because I travel about 50% of the time on asphalt.
IMG_3842[1].JPG

I'm not sure about the forks, As I recall the last time I did service the forks I don't think they did that. But my forks have completely different internals than yours..
have you seen this video? (chair reaction team) Its is a rebuild of the 888 RC3. I remember using it when I did mine when they were stock. My internals stock are different than the RC3's but same principals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SwgmZ7iFZY&ab_channel=ChainReactionCycles

That mount for the display is really clean!

your gonna love the Starcrosses! Magical.. They will feel a mushier on pavement especially but I got used to it pretty quick.

BTW so you have breakers that "equal" 125amp right? what are you pulling max from the battery to the controller?

Billy and Tom nice riding pics! what I would give for some hero dirt. Its all crazy hard pack and sandy here.

bigbore said:
Nucular controller installation done. :D
These are some pics of what I think interesting.
The nucular controller allows for a clean installation and having more space I could mount the bracker in a better way.
Using this stuff I attached the bracker to the frame

New skid plate installed.
20210701_222908[1].jpg

Display relocation. I don't like the mounting position above the handlebar stem, so I made this bracket to have the display a little further on

This is a tight fit of the ANT BMS on top of the battery a few mm more and could not fit.
I hope that when Nucular has its own BMS it is no more than 15mm thick.

That came out really good, I like how you mounted the breaker fuse switch. That is clean. Also, the skid plate is perfect, you going to offer that up for sale?

Billy.A said:
Decided to change the color of the B52 logo to white, had to pull the side covers off and they are 2 piece with silicon holding them together.pulled them apart, cleaned them, flipped them to the silver side and put a fresh cover of carbon fiber and added some white contact and stuck them all back together again..
i like the results, now the red pedals are removed and the logo is in white, looks much better, even have the old red bars which will look a whole lot better now that most of the red is removed, ill keep them for future change out.

IMG-0390.jpgIMG-0393.jpgIMG-0401.jpg

Even decided to flip the banjo bolt location from the inside of the caliper to the outside,
Thats how bored i was during this lockdown :roll:

IMG-0397.jpg

The white logos came out great on the covers. :bigthumb:

Rix said:
Billy.A said:
The white logos came out great on the covers. :bigthumb:
Cheers Rix

Brakes have arrived today guys, ill fit them this weekend and let you know how they go.
Went with-
Magura 220mm rotors with adaptor for the front..
Magura 203mm rotors for the rear
and Magura sport brake pads.

i went with the 203 for the rear because the rears already have an adapter and you cannot stack adapters one on top of the other.
its easier to just stay with the 203 rather than trying every adapter Magura make to see which one will fit.

On a different note,
im thinking of fitting a motorcycle horn to the Bomber, the bell is just not cutting it.
ill have to see if it is possible but im thinking to buy another re-gen button and mount it to the top bracket mount-(see pic)
and mount the horn on the top control box bolt.
bell pic_LI.jpg

any info, suggestions or criticisms will be greatly appreciated :)
Cheers Guys

I don't know it the hole spacing would fit but check out these guys. I have a few of their switches on my dirbikes. They are fantastic..

https://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=HDB-400

I have these Same 220mm rotors in a box in my garage. I’m waiting to install them but I feel like I want to put some more wear and tear on the stock ones first. The looks are definitely killer. Hopefully the performance matches the looks.

Billy.A said:
Brake Disc rotor Upgrade

Hi Everyone
im looking to upgrade the stock, Storm 203mm disc rotors front and rear,
i find they struggle with the weight of the Bomber let alone the extra 92kg of the rider,
they were not designed for such forces :flame:
they are glazing and warping under load.

im looking into maybe getting this option, its a 220mm 2 piece disc rotor Magura make especially for E bikes in mind,
IMG-0412.jpg

there is also a Magura adaptor from 203mm to 220mm
IMG-0413.jpg

Being 2 piece and 220mm, its got to be a lot better than the 203mm rotor with less flex and better heat dissipation,
plus the rotors look sexy too :D !

There are also Magura Sport pads which are made for Ebikes

Has anyone used these or know someone who has or perhaps might know a better solution?
would be interesting to get some feed back, If i buy them ill fit them on my next tyre change and let you guys know what i think.
Have a great day everyone :thumb:

Finally installed the 2nd prototype for my headlight plate for the fisher Fabhouse light. A much more slim design, and now the headlight is powered off the main bike battery. There’s a few imperfections on this print but that’s ok for now.

I forgot to take better pics of it when I was out riding because I was enjoying myself too much. More to come soon!

Attachments

• 44395F48-06E4-4E33-AC3C-5B4F78620C8F.jpeg
    44395F48-06E4-4E33-AC3C-5B4F78620C8F.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 796
  • 0750802C-35DB-40E7-85E8-B147131E7940.jpeg
    0750802C-35DB-40E7-85E8-B147131E7940.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 796
  • F64DD6D5-EB27-4B65-8DC9-B55ABDE570F8.jpeg
    F64DD6D5-EB27-4B65-8DC9-B55ABDE570F8.jpeg
    881.3 KB · Views: 796
Cozen89 said:
Finally installed the 2nd prototype for my headlight plate for the fisher Fabhouse light. A much more slim design, and now the headlight is powered off the main bike battery. There’s a few imperfections on this print but that’s ok for now.

I forgot to take better pics of it when I was out riding because I was enjoying myself too much. More to come soon!
looks really good mate, top job, nice and streamline too :thumb:

i fitted the brakes today, just managed a quick bed in before it got dark, ill see how they go on tomorrow's ride.
IMG-0450.jpg
IMG-0454.jpg

Billy.A said:
i fitted the brakes today, just managed a quick bed in before it got dark, ill see how they go on tomorrow's ride.
IMG-0450.jpg

I'll be surprised if you notice a huge difference in braking power since the MT5s would already lock up the front brake, but there should be a big improvement in heat management. I doubt you'll be overheating those brakes now.

Cozen sweet man!! that's pretty cool! shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist!!! Night rider!!!!

New brakes are always fun to see the difference if there is any... I have gone back and forth between pads on my bike Shimano oem vs aftermarket... The Truckerco Sintered Metallic Disc Brake Pads are not as good as the Shimano they don't last as long and don't quite have the same feel but... they are $13.00 vs $44.00 and the difference between them is not that much. I would say they are about 80 percent the pad that the shimanos are. I use them in the rear and they are fine. Only on long, like 1/2-1mile long downhills do I notice the difference..

Rix said:
bigbore said:
Nucular controller installation done. :D
These are some pics of what I think interesting.
The nucular controller allows for a clean installation and having more space I could mount the bracker in a better way.
Using this stuff I attached the bracker to the frame

New skid plate installed.
20210701_222908[1].jpg

Display relocation. I don't like the mounting position above the handlebar stem, so I made this bracket to have the display a little further on

This is a tight fit of the ANT BMS on top of the battery a few mm more and could not fit.
I hope that when Nucular has its own BMS it is no more than 15mm thick.

That came out really good, I like how you mounted the breaker fuse switch. That is clean. Also, the skid plate is perfect, you going to offer that up for sale?
The skid plate is built around the controller I have now, before I had made one for Adaptto. Who could want it the same?
In the end it is a 2mm lexan sheet shaped, perforated and cold bent.

Confucius say:-
Man who leaves ignition on, whilst his bike is indoors is asking for trouble!....oops! :( :oops:
IMG-0455.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
Billy.A said:
spot on Theodore, the braking difference between the 2 is minimal but they are a lot quieter and the s pads have got great bite
there is a difference but nothing crazy.
im very happy with the brakes now.

i have also noticed that my front rim is the same as the rear in terms of thickness, other Stealth's ive seen have a thinner, lighter front rim??
this is my front rim
IMG-0457.jpg

Billy.A said:
Confucius say:-
Man who leaves ignition on, whilst his bike is indoors is asking for trouble!....oops! :( :oops:
IMG-0455.jpg

Lmfao. I almost launched my bike onto the roof of my work building a couple weeks ago. Forgot to switch off the controller before manuvering it into position by the bike rack. Grabbed a handful of throttle while standing next to it and looked a fool to my coworkers as it immediately went from horizontal to vertical.

Billy.A said:
i have also noticed that my front rim is the same as the rear in terms of thickness, other Stealth's ive seen have a thinner, lighter front rim??
this is my front rim
IMG-0457.jpg

Both of my stock skinny ass rims were the same size on my 2013, only the spoke holes were different sizes. The rims are strong enough though, they just don't fit the proportions of the rest of the bike. Not that I don't think Stealth is great though, they are, but after all these years it's time for a little styling update. And BTW I'm available for a work from home position. As soon as they hire me, my first order of business will be to make an all street model which will instantly outsell the entire lineup many times over. Well at least 3 or 4 times over.

I know most of you own bombers, but for us little guys, has anyone gone to a 72v Battery on their F37? Stealth says the stock controller and motor can handle it. Can anyone share their experience or details on the process? Thanks!!

Attachments

• B0C5A4F6-1943-4360-A9F3-B346A69048F7.jpeg
    B0C5A4F6-1943-4360-A9F3-B346A69048F7.jpeg
    470.5 KB · Views: 683
  • 3482929F-E287-4413-9709-9FDF7AE6DE0A.jpeg
    3482929F-E287-4413-9709-9FDF7AE6DE0A.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 683
51348654629_9fb1d2b884_c.jpg

It's high 80's that fateful early morning.... The motor just hit around 120 degrees and im 10 miles from my starting point when all of a sudden I hear the dreaded noise... pssshhhhhhhhhhhh.. I hop off the bike and check the rear tire.. yup flat... soo what do ya do... cool down for a minute next to a tree let the motor cool to about 100 and find the nearest fire road and ride it back..... As long as I didnt hit any sharp rocks and traveled around 15-20 mph the tire felt low but rideable.. if it was a bicycle tire on the rear I would be typing this from the trail and there would be A LOOTTTTTT of cussing...... BTW another old school offroad trick. Bring a few big ass zip ties and wrap them around the rim and the tire in a few places and the tire wont fall off the rim. another nother note.. use rubber tubes not the synthetic. they form better to the tire which allow lower pressures and last longer. How do I know this??? hmmmm......

part 2
I set up the bomber now so that I can swap a tube without unplugging the hall/ temp wires I could have not unplugged the phase as well but old habits....everytime I do unplug them I put on a dab of dielectric grease.
51350600252_1bfd3ef832_c.jpg

This is what I use. The biggest problem is most people don't know how much to put in their tire. It comes in a gallon jug so obviously you put a gallon in each tire.

85014ce0-8a96-47fb-b5e9-2c321dd6b19c_1.2b68751680ce4afee098b6190f14ac8d.jpeg

Cozen89 said:
I know most of you own bombers, but for us little guys, has anyone gone to a 72v Battery on their F37? Stealth says the stock controller and motor can handle it. Can anyone share their experience or details on the process? Thanks!!

Go back to pages 100-300, you will see several Fighters with 72 volt packs. Specifically Hyena's Fighter was modded to 10+kw back when 5kw was the powerhouse standard.

Back