Sur-Ron Battery upgrade

Tiber said:
Would the BAC2000 be sufficient? The 4000 is out of my price range for now.

I have a BAC8000 and a QS205. Personally I would not use less than a 4000, it really is pretty well matched for the QS205. The biggest reason I like having an 8000 over the 4000 is the phase amps-- I've got upgraded phasewires, statorade, and hubsinks on my QS205 and while 450 is a very respectable peak phase current there have been times when I've enjoyed being able to crank the phase amps to 600 and watch the douche-canoes in supercars stop showing off to gawk at the 'bicycle' that just outpaced their six-figure midlife crisis... or to show off acceleration when people ask about it. 8) Technically my QS205 saturates around 220 phase amps but I've noticed 450 amps is about the point at which I notice it starts heating up much faster. I've only used 600 in short bursts.

I use my open-source Pi display to switch between power profiles on the fly with a 3-position switch, honestly if it wasn't for that and my motor mods I'd probably have been better off with a BAC4000 and sticking to 450 phase. :thumb:

Another BAC4000 happy customer, thank you Martin. Fast delivery and great support. ASI is the t*ts!

I really want to purchase a BAC4000 OR BAC8000, but I need it wired for a Cycle Analyst V3 and anti-theft.

Is this something that can be done?

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Macaiah said:
I really want to purchase a BAC4000 OR BAC8000, but I need it wired for a Cycle Analyst V3 and anti-theft.

Is this something that can be done?

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Hey,
yes, no problem. Write me to info@bull-bikes.si and we can talk further.

Best regards

Any update on availability of BAC855. Last I emailed they were out of stock.

msim said:
Any update on availability of BAC855. Last I emailed they were out of stock.

Hey,
I'm getting them shortly, could you just send me an email so I can notify you when they are ready to ship out.

Regards

Hi all, can anyone give me a suggestion where I can get BBSHD harness for ASI BAC855 in EU, preferably.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Hello,

I would like to change my Adaptto Max-E 14kW controller (dead) for my NYX bike.

I got a QS 205 3000W.

I want same power, or even more, something that really kicks some ***

Motor change is an option too.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

I wanted to confirm if you can program any (programmed or unprogrammed) ASI BAC controller with this software and without a login? Because from my limited understanding so far, it seems you need a login to program the controller?

Some clarity would be much appreciated.

Regards,

jonnydrive said:
Same problem as you guys.

I partially solved using this:
https://www.amazon.com/DSD-TECH-Ada...words=Chip+FTDI+FT232RL&qid=1605681779&sr=8-5

Note: use jumper to select 5volt output signal

With the pc backdoor app (attached).
I also attached the wiring schema, the pins I use to connect TTL to BAC controller are: 17 e 18 for signal and 16 for common ground between controller and PC.

This is the motor I am running I want to know if it can be programmed into that BAC200 CONTROLLER
10S LIPO

https://youtu.be/HLEOIJ-lrhk

Motor Power: 5000W Max
Motor KV: 191kv
Model Type: 63100
Motor Wind: 9
Idle current: 3.1A at 10V
Motor Resistance: 0.0173hm
Motor inductance: 40uh
Max. current: 110A
Battery type: 4-12S
ESC: 100-120A
Torque: 9Nm
Diameter(mm): 63.4
Length(mm): 103
Total length (mm):135.5(including shaft)
Shaft(mm): 8/10 with keyway
2.0mm jst 6 pin hall sensor, if needed 1.5mm jst 6pin, pls let

XSRe said:
I wanted to confirm if you can program any (programmed or unprogrammed) ASI BAC controller with this software and without a login? Because from my limited understanding so far, it seems you need a login to program the controller?

Regards,

jonnydrive said:

https://www.amazon.com/DSD-TECH-Ada...words=Chip+FTDI+FT232RL&qid=1605681779&sr=8-5

I also attached the wiring schema, the pins I use to connect TTL to BAC controller are: 17 e 18 for signal and 16 for common ground between controller and PC.

I have only one controller, the BAC 855. It seems that the software and the interface are the same for all the BAC controller, but I cannot be sure.

jonnydrive said:
XSRe said:

Regards,

jonnydrive said:

I have only one controller, the BAC 855. It seems that the software and the interface are the same for all the BAC controller, but I cannot be sure.

Hello, could you please kindly explain which pins I would need to connect to my ASI 8000 for the USB to work? I need to adjust my throttle Thank you Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 20.36.35.png

Audisport09 said:
jonnydrive said:
XSRe said:

Regards,

jonnydrive said:

Hello, could you please kindly explain which pins I would need to connect to my ASI 8000 for the USB to work? I need to adjust my throttle Thank you Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 20.36.35.png

If you have a USB device, then you will need controller that is turned on and TX, RX and GND connected, pin 3, 13 and 14/15.

Please can you let me know the price of a asi bac 855 controller kit with wire harness for bbshd,
Including shipping costs to the UK. Many thanks

Welshdye said:
Please can you let me know the price of a asi bac 855 controller kit with wire harness for bbshd,
Including shipping costs to the UK. Many thanks

Hey, we don't have BBSHD harness in stock unfortuantely for quite some time now.
We are sorry.

anexpert said:
Sent an email, saw you read it, but didn't reply.

Hey, could you let me know your email so I can check?
I checked emails that were sent few days before and after 8th and all were answered.

On the website it says the BAC 8000 supports 72V nominal. My battery, fully charged goes up to 84,0V. Is this voltage still supported? If yes, I would consider switching my project over to a BAC 8000, as my current controller (Mobipus 72600) is quite hard to set up software wise.. :(

Would appreciate a reply :)

PS: At what price are we with the BAC 8000 inkluding everything to get it running (including shipping to Germany, tax etc) ?

DasDouble said:
On the website it says the BAC 8000 supports 72V nominal. My battery, fully charged goes up to 84,0V. Is this voltage still supported? If yes, I would consider switching my project over to a BAC 8000, as my current controller (Mobipus 72600) is quite hard to set up software wise.. :(

PS: At what price are we with the BAC 8000 inkluding everything to get it running (including shipping to Germany, tax etc) ?

Hey, controller support 72V nominal battery, that means 84V is still in range and will work properly.
For quotes you can contact info@bull-bikes.si

martinmertik said:
DasDouble said:

Hey, controller support 72V nominal battery, that means 84V is still in range and will work properly.
For quotes you can contact info@bull-bikes.si

Thanks, email sent :thumb:

[Edit]

martinmertik- could you publish specs for the actual dimensions, weights, and continuous current ratings for the BAC 2000 and 4000 please?

Plus, since individuals are apparently not allowed access to ASI proprietary programming software, in your professional opinion could either of those units be made to work reliably with a sensorless T-motor U15 running on a 15s 225A battery?

Back