E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Billy.A said:
Can you believe it, happened again!!

riding along minding my own business, next thing a popping noise like the bead slipping over the rim and the rear wheel locks up!!
I jump off to relieve the pressure out of the tube so the wheel will spin when i push the bike and bang the tube pops WTF
Second time in a Month.

was in the middle of no where too, had to push it for what felt like forever till i hit a main road and had to call someone to pick me up...

puncture.jpg

ive really lost confidence in this tyre now and have ordered a moto rim and tyre off Stealth,
is anyone running the moto rim and tyre and can give me some feedback on it please?..is it the way to go??

was having a great ride too..bummer!! :cry:

https://stealthelectricbikes.com/technical-support/

Contact Stealth tech support, some of these tires have bead issues, Stealth will most likely send you a new tire.

Rix said:
Billy.A said:

riding along minding my own business, next thing a popping noise like the bead slipping over the rim and the rear wheel locks up!!
I jump off to relieve the pressure out of the tube so the wheel will spin when i push the bike and bang the tube pops WTF
Second time in a Month.

was in the middle of no where too, had to push it for what felt like forever till i hit a main road and had to call someone to pick me up...

puncture.jpg

ive really lost confidence in this tyre now and have ordered a moto rim and tyre off Stealth,
is anyone running the moto rim and tyre and can give me some feedback on it please?..is it the way to go??

Contact Stealth tech support, some of these tires have bead issues, Stealth will most likely send you a new tire.
Gday Rix
I took the bike to Stealth HQ and they put a new tyre on for me with about a 3 hour turn around.
I live very close to their HQ
I was going to go with a rear Moto rim but changed my mind .
I have a new tyre from a different batch now so ill see how this one goes :shock:

Stealth's after sales service is Excellent which gives me so much peace of mind.
I love riding this thing! :flame:

Billy.A said:
Rix said:
Billy.A said:

Second time in a Month.

puncture.jpg

Gday Rix
I took the bike to Stealth HQ and they put a new tyre on for me with about a 3 hour turn around.
I have a new tyre from a different batch now so ill see how this one goes :shock:

Stealth's after sales service is Excellent which gives me so much peace of mind.
Yes Stealth is great after services, I wish I lived close to HQ. Sometimes we are at the mercy of customs taking time clearing parts or bikes here in the US so support can be delayed.

TV interested to see your results with the aide. Im sure you will notice an improvement.

51328303752_1dfa281151_c.jpg

They only come out at night....

BTW things are in the works.... interesting things are a foot... more to come shortly.

I have a stealth bomber with ugly side covers. Does anyone have a dxf drawing. Unfortunately, I do not know about cad programs. I would like to order a new one.

What does the brain trust think of this QS V3 motor as a replacement for my Bomber motor? It's 150m drop out width, and 3.5T winding. If I installed a motor like this I would also replace the controller,and computer at the same time. I don't want to lose any of my 50 mph top speed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086GP9VZV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=AJ92L3D6HFN3B&th=1

TV,

You will gain speed if you pair it with a Nuc 24F but be prepared to suck your battery down to nuttin fast than you have ever done before. Mine V3 3.5T hits 65 mph easily on a 17” rim. One you get over 10 KW…..you’ll never look back…….but if your battery can handle it you’ll be hitting 20KW!

Tom

My stealth Bomber B52 is finally ready :flame: :thumb:
QS 205 motor
72V 40Ah battery pack , custom made.
Stock controller :oops: :cry:

Not bad for 4500 Watt stock power...
Looking now for the "best" controller , I think I'll go with the BAC4000

Attachments

• stealth bomber finish.jpg
    stealth bomber finish.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 790
  • happy times.jpg
    happy times.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 788
  • stealth.jpg
    stealth.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 788
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 788
Fastjelle said:
QS 205 motor

Nice collection of rides there. Looks like you have a pre 2014 Bomber there. Running the QS205, thats a work horse of a motor, it can handle alot more than 4.5kw. That BAC4000 will definitely wake things up. :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

So last night I noticed that the charger cable at the end was getting quite warm so I turned off the charger... A little history.

The charger I have has for a while now made a pop when I would plug it in to the bike. The pop would happen at the connection to the bike. To remedy this I would turn off the circuit, plug in the charger to the bike then turn on the circuit which would turn on the charger. No more Pop...

Back to last night. The cable was warm and I tried to pull it. I suspected that the charger cable was having issues. It wound up being stuck in the bike. Eventually I pulled it apart. Here is what I found.

51403130458_ca35dd7f66_c.jpg

Im guessing that the xlr connection was going bad and eventually burnt. What connector for the charger are you guys using? SpeakOn? Something else? I'm pretty sure that the charger and battery are fine. The only place that I noticed issues was at the connector. I inspected the wiring and soldering. I took apart the connector at the bike to see if there was a bad solder or cut wires. Everything looked great. I think these XLR connectors after a while just go bad and short out. Maybe they get loose not sure..

You guys who use the SpeakOn connectors is there a specific model you use? The charger is an 84v 6ah

XLR connectors are only rated for 5 amp. Our 6 amp chargers are at the upper limit, and even with nothing wrong can run kind of warm. As long as you don't plan on going more than 6 amps to charge I would just stay with the XLR, but you need to replace both sides of the connector, because yours are worn out. You can avoid this issue in the future by applying Dielectric paste to the connector. You can get it at any auto supply store, or rotten bastard Amazon.

Rix said:
Fastjelle said:
QS 205 motor

Nice collection of rides there. Looks like you have a pre 2014 Bomber there. Running the QS205, thats a work horse of a motor, it can handle alot more than 4.5kw. That BAC4000 will definitely wake things up. :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Yes sir :wink: It's a 2013 model , I have number #382

Fastjelle said:
Rix said:
Fastjelle said:
QS 205 motor

We have the same model. My bike is one of the last 2013's #412. Your bike looks great. Although my bike is running fine, I've been contemplating a QS205 as a future replacement motor for my bike too. I'm looking forward it hearing about your future upgrades.

If you could, would you mind talking about any issues you ran into when you installed your new motor? I'm especially interested to know how well it matched the drop out width.

Hi Guys..!! I just wanted to drop in a say hi since its been a while since I've been on the site. I'm embarrassed to say that its been over a year and I still have not gotten my Stealth fixed and back together. Unfortunately, I had a few family members (including myself), that got pretty sick with the COVID virus. My sister is a front line nurse and was on a ventilator for 44 days. We almost lost her twice in fact, however, she is out of hospital and remarkably she has made a full recovery. But anyway, enough with the depressing updates. With the exception of the Stealth we are all back in action and healthy again.

Because of the COVID issues that were going on, plus the recovery, I let the bike sit in pieces in the garage because it really wasn't a priority as you can imagine. I know Rix, Theo, 1abv were giving me some guidance on how to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

In summary, (when it was running fine), I had a flat tire... I removed the wheel from the bike, replace the tube & tire and put it back on.. simple as that. The bike would power ON just fine, but I had no throttle. I removed the wheel again and inspected everything again, nothing was pinched or cut that I could see and the same deal, no throttle. I'll have to read my previous posts, but I believe one of you suggested that it could be the connectors and/or a break internally in the wiring. I believe it was suggested that I disassemble the hub and upgrade/replace the wiring with silicon wires and new connectors. I believe that is where it was left off, after that I got sick and put the bike aside until now.

Needless to say its killing me to have a 6k Stealth bike sitting in pieces in the garage. Again, because I got sick shortly after, I did not purchase anything or do any work to the bike. While I'm mechanically inclined (ex Ford Engineer), and I'm comfortable with routing wires, soldering etc, I'm a little intimidated by cracking open the hub motor and working inside of it. Additionally, because I'm not familiar on how the digital display interacts with the controller and the hub motor, etc.., and where to check for voltages and what voltage to check for... I just want to ask again and get your opinion and see if there is anything else that I should be looking at or troubleshooting.

Also... I understand that everyone's time is extremely valuable. I'm NOT looking for a free ride to fix my problem and say thanks and be on my way... I'm happy to work with someone virtually via pictures, on the phone or real-time webcam to help me get this resolved and pay you for your time (ahead of time so you know that I'm serious). The issue for me is, out here on the East Coast, there's not too many ebike shops in my area that I can go to, let alone a shop that knows Stealth Bikes. I'm happy to do all of the leg work, I'm just looking for your knowledge and professional experience to help me get this bike back on the road again.

If you guys are interested in helping, please PM me... Again, I just hate to have a bucket of bolts sitting useless in the garage.

Thanks again for your time and enjoy your day. Rick..!

Theodore Voltaire said:
Fastjelle said:
Rix said:
Fastjelle said:
QS 205 motor

We have the same model. My bike is one of the last 2013's #412. Your bike looks great. Although my bike is running fine, I've been contemplating a QS205 as a future replacement motor for my bike too. I'm looking forward it hearing about your future upgrades.

If you could, would you mind talking about any issues you ran into when you installed your new motor? I'm especially interested to know how well it matched the drop out width.

I am also curious to know how he mounted the QS205 on the Bomber. This is what I did in March 2016 when I mounted mine and it is still working with those parts to this day
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62650&start=225#p1165502

Billy.A said:
Gday Rix

I have a request for Billy.A,
The next time you are at Stealth HQ could you ask if it is possible to buy the spare parts needed to be able to fix the V-boxx yourself?
I have the bad impression that they do not provide the necessary parts for Bomber owners who are able to do repairs themselves.
It seems to me that 1abv has rebuilt the tooth of a gear of his V-boxx by welding and then reshaping the tooth some years ago.
1abv correct me if I'm wrong

StudRock said:
still have not gotten my Stealth fixed...

maybe contact stealth directly, or your nearest stealth dealer?

example: Frontline E Bikes, Salem Virginia..
"A full line of BMW, Stealth and Intense electric bicycles, Sales and service of the E Bikes we sell. Demo models available. Warranty repairs, parts and accessories.."

My previous post was to related to what I will show here.
Last 2020/08/16 my V-boxx shifter knob stopped working and I could no longer change gears.
The little rocker had broken.
20200816_140844[1].jpg

The two small cylindrical guides had too much play so I removed them and then rebuilt them too.
20200816_202245[1].jpg
20200816_201940[1].jpg

Then using the Quenched and Tempered steel AISI 420 I rebuilt the little rocker
20200816_210113[1].jpg
And the other parts with AISI 316
20200818_123158[1].jpg

20200818_121751[1].jpg
20200818_122346[1].jpg

[youtube]YpbGKsC29yo[/youtube]

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
StudRock said:
still have not gotten my Stealth fixed...

maybe contact stealth directly, or your nearest stealth dealer?

example: Frontline E Bikes, Salem Virginia..
"A full line of BMW, Stealth and Intense electric bicycles, Sales and service of the E Bikes we sell. Demo models available. Warranty repairs, parts and accessories.."

That's the issue... I'm not aware of any Stealth dealers in my area, and Virginia is about 6 hrs away from me. I'm pretty sure I'm capable of doing the work, even if its a re-wire, however, I'm just not sure how to troubleshoot the no throttle issue. By that I mean, "check for power here, if you have power, check this, etc..." One would think that, it was something with a connector or cut wire since the only thing I did was remove the wheel to replace a flat.. prior to that, everything was working fine.

@ Studrock, while what your after is a service I offer via my website...in your case it really just sounds like either a bad throttle or controller.

Easiest way to determine is buy one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/393451659154?
s-l1600.jpg

I reckon Stealth should almost provide one with every purchase...would save everyone a bunch of wasted troubleshooting time/effort.

Cheers

StudRock said:
Hi Guys..!! I just wanted to drop in a say hi since its been a while since I've been on the site. I'm embarrassed to say that its been over a year and I still have not gotten my Stealth fixed and back together. Unfortunately, I had a few family members (including myself), that got pretty sick with the COVID virus. My sister is a front line nurse and was on a ventilator for 44 days. We almost lost her twice in fact, however, she is out of hospital and remarkably she has made a full recovery. But anyway, enough with the depressing updates. With the exception of the Stealth we are all back in action and healthy again.

Because of the COVID issues that were going on, plus the recovery, I let the bike sit in pieces in the garage because it really wasn't a priority as you can imagine. I know Rix, Theo, 1abv were giving me some guidance on how to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

In summary, (when it was running fine), I had a flat tire... I removed the wheel from the bike, replace the tube & tire and put it back on.. simple as that. The bike would power ON just fine, but I had no throttle. I removed the wheel again and inspected everything again, nothing was pinched or cut that I could see and the same deal, no throttle. I'll have to read my previous posts, but I believe one of you suggested that it could be the connectors and/or a break internally in the wiring. I believe it was suggested that I disassemble the hub and upgrade/replace the wiring with silicon wires and new connectors. I believe that is where it was left off, after that I got sick and put the bike aside until now.

Needless to say its killing me to have a 6k Stealth bike sitting in pieces in the garage. Again, because I got sick shortly after, I did not purchase anything or do any work to the bike. While I'm mechanically inclined (ex Ford Engineer), and I'm comfortable with routing wires, soldering etc, I'm a little intimidated by cracking open the hub motor and working inside of it. Additionally, because I'm not familiar on how the digital display interacts with the controller and the hub motor, etc.., and where to check for voltages and what voltage to check for... I just want to ask again and get your opinion and see if there is anything else that I should be looking at or troubleshooting.

Also... I understand that everyone's time is extremely valuable. I'm NOT looking for a free ride to fix my problem and say thanks and be on my way... I'm happy to work with someone virtually via pictures, on the phone or real-time webcam to help me get this resolved and pay you for your time (ahead of time so you know that I'm serious). The issue for me is, out here on the East Coast, there's not too many ebike shops in my area that I can go to, let alone a shop that knows Stealth Bikes. I'm happy to do all of the leg work, I'm just looking for your knowledge and professional experience to help me get this bike back on the road again.

If you guys are interested in helping, please PM me... Again, I just hate to have a bucket of bolts sitting useless in the garage.

Thanks again for your time and enjoy your day. Rick..!

Since it worked fine before changing your tire, my first suspicion would be be the metal motor connection with the hall sensors. Take it back apart, and use electrical contact cleaner on the male and female sides of the connector, and then apply dielectric paste before hooking back together. It's kind of hard to hook together until you've done it a few times, so you might not have it connected all the way.

Also check the 3 motor (phase wire) connectors, and make sure they got hooked back properly, color wise. One time I accidentally got 2 of them crossed.

Back