E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

script>

The aliens are coming.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Thanks for the offer Rix, but no.

Yesterday I was riding down to the condo, and about 8 miles from home I got a flat. Luckily it happened about 100 yards from the light rail station, so I did the walk of shame over there. At least pushing a Bomber is a lot easier than a Sportster. The train arrived just as I got there. I didn't even have time to load my go pass, so I rode back to Farmer Branch for free. When I got off the train I was still a couple miles from home. I called my beautiful wife Buffy and ask her to drive my van and come get me, but beautiful Buffy's don't know how to drive vans, so I got her to drive her car, and I made her sit and guard my bike while I drove home and got the van. That took about 10 minutes. Soon enough my bike was back in the garage. It's been a couple of weeks since I changed the tire, but when I tried to put slime in the tube it wouldn't go in. I'm guessing the hole in the valve stem is too little, or whatever, but it wouldn't go in. I won't let that happen again. When I get the tube out I'm going to chop it up, and we'll have a look at what the problem was.
Im guessing your valve stem may be gummed up, possible from previous slime. Glad you got your ride back to the house for repairs. Thats whats most important.

I didn't have any work today so I finally got around to fixing my flat tire. This is what I found when I chopped open the tube. It turned out the tube was already full of Slime, but it was probably 3 or 4 years old, maybe older. The hole was partially blocked by the Schrader valve not being accurately installed over the hole in the tube, but obviously I got slime in there before, so Rix is probably right about dried slime contributing to the problem, and the partial blockage between the tube and the Schrader explains why I couldn't stick a little screwdriver through the hole.

Even though the tire was practically new, I installed another new one anyway. There was something I didn't like about that tire. It wasn't perfectly round, and neither was the one I wore out before it. Both of them were bad enough that at low speeds if I took my hands off the handle bars, they would start oscillating back and forth like a speed wobble. At higher speeds it was ok. This new one looks a lot better, and no, it wasn't a bead issue, I'm dumb, but not that dumb.

Back when my bike was new, and a long time after, the thing I dreaded most about changing the rear tire was dealing with the wires. The metal hall connection always seemed so difficult. Somewhere along The line I've gotten good at it though. This time it probably didn't take me 2 minutes total to unhook, and hook it back up. Practice makes perfect.

20211022_160614.jpg

Rix,
That was pretty cool.. now if only you could lock them together and make a quad! Transformers!!!

51417373135_e79225414f_c.jpg

What we giveth the cow the cow giveth back on the trail...

Okay... Now I'm PISSED..!

Here is an update on my DC1 replacement, or lack there of..!

I reached out to a Stealth Dealer in New York who said that he contacted Stealth and was able to Order the DC1 and have it shipped out to me. He placed the order on September 21st and said it would be about 2 weeks to ship out. 2 weeks later I heard nothing and receive nothing, followed up again and nothing from Stealth... he's saying that they are not getting back to him.

I followed up again with the dealer on 10/8 and he told me that Stealth shipped my order out that week, but wasn't able to provide me with a tracking number. I followed up again today on the status and he told me that, Stealth made a mistake and it wasn't my order that was shipped out. He further went on to say that, Stealth is now saying the DC1 is on back order with no ETA.

I CANT BEGIN to tell you how Pissed I am right now after over a month... I dont know if its the dealer giving me the run-around or if its Stealth. I find it very hard to believe that Stealth doesn't have any DC1's in inventory to build bikes..

Does anyone on here have any direct contacts with Stealth so I can purchase one of these...? I thought I read in one of the posts that, one guy lived right around the corner from Stealth.. not sure who it was though. I'm open for any other suggestions...

Thanks..

Thanks 1abv...

No, I was given a different email address to try and I never received a response back. I just sent them an email, so let me see if they reply back to me or not.

Thanks..!

My brake pads are getting worn down on the 4 piston caliper I bought last February. Thinking ahead I bought replacements back in June, or so I thought. J02A looked like what I need. They're supposed to fit Shimano XTR, XT, SLX, and Alfine calipers. My caliper is a XT BR-M8020. That's a XT, right? Well these J02A don't fit. The back plate, and friction pads are noticeably smaller, and the hole for the lock pin is in the wrong position. It turns out the ones I need are H03A which are specifically for M8020, M820, and M640. I had to order a set on Amazon for $50 frickin dollars to get fast shipping. Of course these are the ventilated ones though. On eBay they're a little cheaper, but they ship out of china. I ordered a back up set on eBay for $35 that might get here by December if I'm lucky.

i can't complain about the way they work though. They have strong stopping power, and don't fade like the 2 piston XR did. Bigger pads don't you know. You got to pay to play sucka.

Theodore Voltaire said:
My brake pads are getting worn down on the 4 piston caliper I bought last February. Thinking ahead I bought replacements back in June, or so I thought. J02A looked like what I need. They're supposed to fit Shimano XTR, XT, SLX, and Alfine calipers. My caliper is a XT BR-M8020. That's a XT, right? Well these J02A don't fit. The back plate, and friction pads are noticeably smaller, and the hole for the lock pin is in the wrong position. It turns out the ones I need are H03A which are specifically for M8020, M820, and M640. I had to order a set on Amazon for $50 frickin dollars to get fast shipping. Of course these are the ventilated ones though. On eBay they're a little cheaper, but they ship out of china. I ordered a back up set on eBay for $35 that might get here by December if I'm lucky.

i can't complain about the way they work though. They have strong stopping power, and don't fade like the 2 piston XR did. Bigger pads don't you know. You got to pay to play sucka.

I figured out what's going on with these Shimano brake pads. J02A are ventilated pads for 2 piston XT calipers, and H03A are ventilated pads for 4 piston XT. That means I'll be able to utilize these J02A pads on my rear brake. I already had more than 5 sets of aftermarket non ventilated pads for the rear brake, but none of them have a number on them that I recognize. All they say is they're for XT. The ventilated J02A, and H03A look almost identical to the untrained eye.

With a good controller you can configure the power of regen, and with adequate force of the regen you rarley need to use the pads during the paved tours, but now, your rear wheel will wear out faster.

Allex said:
With a good controller you can configure the power of regen, and with adequate force of the regen you rarley need to use the pads during the paved tours, but now, your rear wheel will wear out faster.

I gave up on the regen a long time ago. Acting as a brake is the only thing its good for, but it tends to loosen my rear axle nuts over time. Plus I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like it's good electrically for any components. I think I'd rather just wear out brake pads.

When I was running 2 pot Magura brakes I would go through about 3-4 sets of pads a year. Now w shimano 4 pots they brake better and I go though about 2 sets a year.

51416654568_d168ef5364_c.jpg

51545129489_209f59c8a1_c.jpg

Deer!

I posted up elsewhere but do any of you know someone who works on the crystalyte controllers? repair/mod?

Thanks!

1abv said:
When I was running 2 pot Magura brakes I would go through about 3-4 sets of pads a year. Now w shimano 4 pots they brake better and I go though about 2 sets a year.

That's true, these front pads did last almost all year. Taking that into consideration I guess $50 isn't as expensive as I was thinking.

If someone figures out a way to hook the regen to a brake lever where it modulates just like the brake does now, that might be useful.

Back