Hub motor as mid (illegalbike) 6000-12000W / 33-35kg

mxlemming said:
My thought is that you should have between the top and down tubes a plate that takes the shear force between them.
At the moment, while your joints are stronger, the same load that's caused your failure exists.
file.php

Yes, I think so too )

[img=https://illegalbike.ru/uploads/for_web/repair9.jpeg][/img]

mxlemming said:
I just spotted the stand and nearly died. You stole that from a child :eek:

son likes to help dad 8)

with the chain capable of being tensioned without a tensioner it seems ideal to run a regen brake. Ever try it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D0bAVTiFyy4

With the hinge being centered on the motor I imagine the smaller the motor drive sprocket the less squat or diving when accelerating or braking. Right?

Hummina Shadeeba said:
with the chain capable of being tensioned without a tensioner it seems ideal to run a regen brake. Ever try it?

yes, I published a video, on the yellow bike on the right there is the gas throttle and on the left there is the same regenerative brake throttle. I almost always brake with either front brake or recuperation, rear pads are almost new

Hummina Shadeeba said:
With the hinge being centered on the motor I imagine the smaller the motor drive sprocket the less squat or diving when accelerating or braking. Right?

I had experience attaching the motor axis to the frame and a swingarm with bearings and there was a bad anti-squat

later I made the system the other way around: the motor is rigidly attached to the swingarm and it all works through the bearings in the frame. The connection between the motor and the frame was lost and also the operation of the motor ceased to affect the suspension of the motorcycle

I think also the angle of the chain pulled in relation to the suspension hinge decides. If it’s a big chainring it’s going to cause more squat and bob. It could be countered if the hinge was movable in relation to the direction of pull from the chain, it isn’t with this design, but would be a compromise and more or less squat throttling or bob braking.

mxlemming said:
Mr illegal, could you share some details of how you've constructed the main pivot? Looks very tidy, but the bearing axial loading etc?

I've been considering the use of a scooter hub motor for this. They seem to be higher power to weight ratio basically because they can be spun much faster and tend to have wider stators and less useless blumpf in the middle. Your design would allow for a much higher reduction ratio to the rear wheel so... Maybe it could work well?

Greetings, did you make any progress on scooter wheel to mid drive

GIGATT said:
mxlemming said:
Mr illegal, could you share some details of how you've constructed the main pivot? Looks very tidy, but the bearing axial loading etc?

I've been considering the use of a scooter hub motor for this. They seem to be higher power to weight ratio basically because they can be spun much faster and tend to have wider stators and less useless blumpf in the middle. Your design would allow for a much higher reduction ratio to the rear wheel so... Maybe it could work well?

Greetings, did you make any progress on scooter wheel to mid drive

No, I managed to get hold of a few very large outrunner motors that have a better power to weight ratio (though less power than a scooter motor).

Still think it's a good option.

Tommm said:
Looks like 33kg for just what you have in that picture.

this is the full weight of the bike with battery, ready to ride
very light aluminum frame, one of the lightest bikes with such power

• Reinforced frame and swingarm - 3880g | 8.55lb
  • Battery with bms - 9940g | 21.91lb
  • Rear Shock - 950g | 2.09lb
  • Rear wheel - 3020g | 6.65lb
  • Front wheel without axle - 2055g | 4.53lb
  • Handlebar - 465g | 1.02lb
  • Fork with axis - 3005g | 6.62lb
  • Motor - 7335g | 16.17lb
  • Controller with wires - 340g | 0.75lb
Chain, gears, footrests, headlight, plastic, wires and other little things were not weighed separately

Если я тебе литиумными батарейками заплачу, продашь мне фрэйм на заказ? У меня куча моторов, хотелось бы 3 на одном байке использовать, один в центре и два хаба.

Ellectrico said:
Если я тебе литиумными батарейками заплачу, продашь мне фрэйм на заказ? У меня куча моторов, хотелось бы 3 на одном байке использовать, один в центре и два хаба.

Думаю, это немного странно) мы в разных странах

Very appealing! :thumb:

(Is that a printer mounted on the wall above the desk?)

Back