Need source for 18650 cells

Jazzmarcel

1 µW
Hello,

Help! I can't find 18650 cells!!....

Last fall I bought just enough Samsung 30q cells for my bbshd eBike build (14s5p) but after storing the it for 4 months while on a Brazilian adventure, I came back to find a non working pack! Since ebiking is my preferred means of transportation, I'm in a world of hurt!

Maybe someone need to explain to me what has happened since my last purchase, I can't can't find cells and everything else is either out of stock or the prices are through the roof! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

What are your cell voltages? Can you identify why your pack isn't working?

Hi there, Jazzmarcel! What country are you in? Theres always BatteryHookup.com and jag35.com but it might not be practical for them to ship outside the US.

Thanks for your help!.......I did live in France for quite some time but, I am back in Nola! My cell voltage of the pack was 52 volts!
I do have some experience building 18650 packs! I'm on my fourth bbshd eBike all of which I built the packs myself. I have even spot welded four 3s and 4e packs for my inverter to run a QSC monitor. However, I don't have a huge amount of experience trouble shooting cells and balancing other than just pulling out the group and throwing out the bad cell.
Also, I am not so sure I bought authentic Samsung 30q cells since I never experienced a pack being completely out of wack like this! All in all, I am hoping to be able to salvage this pack and get back up to ebiking.

Oh sorry I didn't under the question!........most of the cells groups fluctuate from 4.10v to 3.6v! I did seem to charge it once I got back but, since the pack is just too out of wack to charge!

Back