Day Six bicycles

Does anyone have any owner contact or is aware of any feedback on Day Six electric bicycles? They are expensive, but seem to be very comfortable and user friendly.

Look at the Electra Townie. It has the best qualities of a Day 6, but it's still a reasonable bike (which Day 6 really isn't).

Don't get an electric Townie because it's way more cost effective to convert a pedal model.

Very different geometry to a Townie, and those who have them , love them.
Pity there is no suspension though !
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85245&p=1269844&hilit=Day6#p1269844
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83283&p=1222230&hilit=Day6#p1222230

Hillhater said:
Very different geometry to a Townie,

That's right. And where they differ, the Day 6 is profoundly wankered.

Some people can ride and commit to anything, but that doesn't mean it's worth a damn.

1200px-Ernest07mia.jpg

Everyone has different preferences..
Some want a super light carbon “fixie” road bike..
Some prefer a fat tire , full suspension , cargo hauler
Some prefer a “full house” DH , MTB with 8” of suspension
Some prefer a full recumbent
Some prefer a Townie
Some prefer a Day6
...Each to their own ! :wink:

Chalo said:
Look at the Electra Townie. It has the best qualities of a Day 6, but it's still a reasonable bike (which Day 6 really isn't).

Don't get an electric Townie because it's way more cost effective to convert a pedal model.

All of my bikes had been Townie, Smoothie, and Pure. I now fall to easily and have a Day6 trike coming. Riding a two wheel Day6 is the best qualities of those three. You’re a youngster quick to mock, but always helpful between the jabs. Almost true... <silly grin>

tomjasz said:
Chalo said:

All of my bikes had been Townie, Smoothie, and Pure. I now fall to easily and have a Day6 trike coming. Riding a two wheel Day6 is the best qualities of those three. You’re a youngster quick to mock, but always helpful between the jabs. Almost true... <silly grin>

Sorry to hear about falls becoming a serious problem for you. I know I've reached an age where I don't just dust myself off and forget all about it. Fun to be called a "youngster", though I grow weary of presenting ID when I'm well into my fifties. I'm not flattered at those times.

Here's my answer to flat foot type bikes. It looks like a bike, rides like a bike, and maneuvers steadily like a bike. The fork offset isn't all out of proportion with the head angle. If my buddy in the picture had been more busted up, I suppose I'd have started with a step through:

IMG_20190127_172137.jpg
IMG_20190121_153435.jpg]
IMG_20180809_010248.jpg

He still rides it often, even though he's recovered from his serious injury.

I like that seat setup but how does it not collapse with any sort of sideways angle and the placement of the added seat post further back makes it easier to do wheelies for attention.

Chalo said:
tomjasz said:
Chalo said:

Sorry to hear about falls becoming a serious problem for you. I know I've reached an age where I don't just dust myself off and forget all about it. Fun to be called a "youngster", though I grow weary of presenting ID when I'm well into my fifties. I'm not flattered at those times.

Here's my answer to flat foot type bikes. It looks like a bike, rides like a bike, and maneuvers steadily like a bike. The fork offset isn't all out of proportion with the head angle. If my buddy in the picture had been more busted up, I suppose I'd have started with a step through:

IMG_20190127_172137.jpg
IMG_20190121_153435.jpg]
IMG_20180809_010248.jpg

He still rides it often, even though he's recovered from his serious injury.

calab said:
I like that seat setup but how does it not collapse with any sort of sideways angle

It doesn't. It forms a truss with the seat stays and rear axle. Sideways forces on that part of a bike are negligible anyway, because they just knock the bike to the ground.

Banana seats aren't known for collapsing, and they're propped up with much flimsier supports than this.

Something like this with a comparable riding position is much more likely to collapse, backwards not sideways:
RANS-Fusion-blue.jpg

and the placement of the added seat post further back makes it easier to do wheelies for attention.

The seat is set back 7", but the bike frame has chainstays at least 4" longer than average for a bike. It has a long wheelbase, it's pretty heavy, and it runs on 24V 30A. No wheelies on the menu, though it will cruise at 23-24 mph.

Nice Chalo!

Day6 Joy

I expect it’ll eat rear tires as fast as a Flat Foot 2 wheel. Fat arse set so far back.
If I wouldn’t end 48 years of bliss over a pedicab... Well I briefly considered it.

Attachments

• 8C4B0478-A4D5-4579-B31C-2601822F3D84.jpeg
    8C4B0478-A4D5-4579-B31C-2601822F3D84.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 666
Chalo said:

Old Townie I believe built in USA. I looked for another frame for 12 years.
Is has a DPDT switch between two batteries. Voltmeter reads both too.

Attachments

• EFF58DF9-CB69-477E-8E1F-4525CCF824C0.jpeg
    EFF58DF9-CB69-477E-8E1F-4525CCF824C0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 659
Back