Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

so you think the BMS is in protection mode when connect with Voltol EM150 and that is wy I measure no power on the Votol with a fully load battery
so what can I do? everyting is just brand new.
and my first test drive was perfect.

I don't know the bms used. Does it have a start / reset function? Are you now measuring a voltage U> 80v? On the battery? The votol can be damaged .... The standard wiring diagram provides for a precharge function

Attachments

• IMG_20220109_101855.jpg
    IMG_20220109_101855.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,843
Paulflieg said:
I don't know the bms used. Does it have a start / reset function? Are you now measuring a voltage U> 80v? On the battery? The votol can be damaged .... The standard wiring diagram provides for a precharge function
I made a very simpe precharge method. I have a contactor in the battery circuit, and i installed a paralel resistor (1kOhm) with the contactor poles. It can constantly keep the capacitors filled up when the contactor if switched off, and if anything happens the 1kOhm resistor limits the current. It works fine.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 8T eszközömről

Hmm, that's 0.08 A.
What do you think of:
start process (5 sec, possibly automatic) battery - resistance 50 ohm - controller - then real connection between battery and controller !? Something like that, my ktm e freeride starts

Paulflieg said:
Hmm, that's 0.08 A.
What do you think of:
start process (5 sec, possibly automatic) battery - resistance 50 ohm - controller - then real connection between battery and controller !? Something like that, my ktm e freeride starts
Of course it should be good.
I just started to thinking on my car. I kept the original ignition switch, and the ACC position is fine to energize the main contactor, the IGN position controls a small relay, which connects the B+ and the E-lock wires for the votol controller. I can use the car as before, when it was diesel.
But if i want a 2 step prescarge process, i need a timer and a precharge relay.
And after i checked the consumption of the votol B+ without the e-lock, and it was nearly zero, the capacitors has a very low leakage.
This is why i think it is enough, it disconnects the controller from the battery, so i can prevent a fire or deep discharged battery. The resistor can keep the charging level of the controller capacitors, and i think for the capacitors it doesn't matter that are they full or empty.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 8T eszközömről

Question :
When I connect battery to Volol EM150 there is a spark in B+ connector
Then the battery go to zero volt (protection?) when a disconnect the B+ from Votol the power is back
Does tis mean that the Votol is damaged? And wy is this happening
Please answer my question
Thanks
Ivo

ivo kips said:
Question :
Then the battery go to zero volt (protection?) when a disconnect the B+ from Votol the power is back
Thanks
Ivo

A controller with empty capacitors needs to be charged. This is done via a current-limiting resistor.
Googling controller precharge.

The results will overwhelm you ...😉

Quinc said:
Got my EM-100 controller and wiring kit. The throttle cable is way to short. Anyone find different throttles or thumb throttles that work with the controller?

You can make an extension with some black, red and green wire and the connectors needed which are in most connector sets which are very inexpensive.
01411269-C8F9-45CA-89F8-C247B87CA59D.jpeg

Most throttle connectors wont work with the votol anyway. The throttle will be 3-pin and the Votol has 6-pin.
A1C4D7C3-A54B-46DB-B50A-E57616C25EF2.jpeg

So with the correct 3-pin and 6-pin connectors you can make an extension.

ivo kips said:
Question :
Thanks
Ivo

What are the specs of the battery are you connecting? Whats the BMS rating? Seems like you are tripping the BMS when the inrush current charges the capacitors.

alles heeft de eerste gewerkt, maar na het afkoppelen van de batterij om deze definitief te installeren en het opnieuw aansluiten waser weer die vonk en toen viel de EM150 zonder spanning.
Ik heb er dan stroom opgezet met de oplader maar dat werkte ook niet.

ivo kips said:
battery 72 volt 40a

40a battery for a 150a controller won’t do much except no load testing.

Yes, if you have a 72v power supply you can pre charge the capacitors and then connect the battery. This will let you keep testing with your tiny battery until you make the real battery which will need to be at least 72v 50ah to give 150a at 3C.

Once the capacitors are charged they will stay charged until you disconnect your battery (or the bms shuts off output) for a few minutes.

If your real battery also trips its 150a BMS i would be surprised.

dus ik start even ( 10 sec)op met de batterijlader, koppel af en schakel batterij definitief in.
Dit moet dan die vonk voorkomen dus.
Ik ga opstarten met een gloednieuwe Votol EM 150.
Ivo

rienesl said:
kiggyo said:
The main problem if the low starting amps can't rotate the motor (the car need to climb up to a bump), it just make weird noises and the car will stay in the traffic. Or start immediately with burning tires, i haven't got control on it, no predictable.

After a long time I have some updates on this, but for now I can only speak for the EM-50S and EM-50SP: If you bought the controller from SIAECONSYS (QS-Motors), it has a customized firmware. The acceleration of the SIAECOSYS is horrible, like if you have activated softstart on the other one on the highest level. Currently I am in talks with Carrie, but as everyone knows who has been in touch with her, she is a lovely sales woman, but has close to no clue about the technical stuff. The other thing I will try to swap firmware images. Unfortunately I do not have the 2.32 and the 2.33 firmware files, but I have seen that some of you have and I would be extremely happy if they could get mailed to me (please note down, if it is the SIAECOSYS version, or not. Usually if you have CAN, it should be the one from SIAECOSYS).

A small update here with very, very, very bad news:
I got the confirmation, that the SIAECOSYS controllers have a HARD CODED soft start for the gears. There seems to be a bug, so that sports mode is affected of this shit as well.
The intended acceleration curve according to Carrie should be like this for gears and sports mode (her picture):
mmexport1642598025498.jpg
However, I totally disagree with that. I want to have a good acceleration on the gears as well, not just for sports mode. If I would want it for the gears, I would enable soft start (the setting usually gets overridden in sports mode, so no worries). I have an SIAECOSYS and an other EM-50 in 2 absolutely identical bikes, while the SIAECOSYS is like an underpowered, heavy truck, while the other one goes like a rocket.
Carrie/SIAECOSYS are slowly investigating the issue for the sports mode, but on the gears no change is intended. For me, this means I have some EM-50 and EM-150 here, that I can use as doorstoppers and need to reorder the not enforced soft start version from an other vendor :evil:
A word of warning: the firmware is not interchageable, so don't try to flash a CAN version on a UART or vice versa!

I have a Votol Bluetooth
I require WeChat to programme the controller
The problem is that I require another WeChat user to verify my account
Which is fine except in the depths of rural England I can’t find another user
Any tips or kind soul who would help me with verification
I have bought an android, pay as you go, so my data is protected
Tia

rienesl said:
I have an SIAECOSYS and an other EM-50 in 2 absolutely identical bikes, while the SIAECOSYS is like an underpowered, heavy truck, while the other one goes like a rocket.

You have a Siaecosys Votol EM-50 and a non-Siaecosys Votol EM-50? I think there is also Lande Votol and maybe a few others selling NOS or clones.

My Votol EM-30s has SW 2.33 and each speed has adjustable peak torque (% of peak current).

But this is different from the starting torque many are missing. The absolute zero rpm torque. Some of it might be from the motor design itself.

The zero rpm torque is needed when going over a very abrupt speed bump, or in my case its when i nose up to the curb of the sidewalk and then give it some throttle to climb up.

My old ebike was 350watt motor, 600 watt controller, 14” diameter tires, 48v battery but it would easily climb the curb from zero.

My new ebike has 500w motor, 1200 watt controller (original), 15” diameter tires, 60v battery but often struggled climbing the curb. The new ebike is slightly bigger and heavier but the extra power should have been able to climb the curb.

So I bought the Votol EM-30 and it didn’t really fix the torque problem which was really because the lead acid batteries were already weak and the voltage sag made the controller cut off and on.

Replacing the batteries helped but because i have my speeds:
LOW 60 50
MID 80 75
HIGH 100 100

It climbs the curb best in high but thats also trying to go too fast once it climbs up.

Maybe I’ll try:
LOW 10 100
MID 80 75
HIGH 100 100

And that would make my speed 1 my “Rockcrawler” gear and 2 would be residential and 3 would be county road cruise.

If I understand what you are saying the votol sold by Siaecosys are hard coded with torque limits so nothing you can do except use sport mode.

You have some controllers with the crappy SW version but i bet there is still an application they can be used in. Probably in a very light, low speed, high torque vehicle with a 72v lithium ion battery for high torque and low weight.

Maybe someday these will be popular enough that someone will make new ROM for them and offer a ROM kitchen like the XDA guys did for the old HTC smartphones.

hi you seem to keep track of most things is it reasonable that the engine draws about 150 amp at 80 km/h on a quad bike setup qs 183v3 em 150/2? 18650 Sonny c5 50ah 200a continius 72v f/sprocket 15 t r/45 My settings [https://youtu.be/SSubJ0jBmrI]

About to receive a new EM50s controller, without the wiring harness.
Will a EM100 wiring and usb cable fit?
Do they use the same wiring harness?

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Hey guys ,
I'm trying to connect a display to my votol 200,
To get the speed and voltage,
This is the product:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vqmIsg

For some reason I don't get the speed reading when I connect the white wire of the controller (hall speed in settings) to the white(hallsensor) of the LCD ,
I have tried to connect also to the purple(speed) of LCD still doesn't work and I have tried also to switch to one line out in settings still doesn't show any speed measure in the display, should I connect to one of the hall sensor on the motor to get speed Readings?
Thanks

On the back of the display, solder the cable at (hall sensor)

in the controller setup = page2/hall speedometer,

In portsettings /pb9=13,io

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129_143720.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129_143720.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 1,381
Back