Votol EM-200 Controller

I now have a can cable, still won’t connect,
I have finished the build. It’s a pimped golf cart for farm use, I have even put mud flaps, horn everything done!
With the can cable I still get “let’s connect the serial port”
I have a mate who is going to give it a go on his pc in the next week or so.
I am waiting on my 72v 150ah battery from China, that is due by next week (4months).

hey guys,
any one know how to active the regen when i let off the throttle?
is it dangeurs to the 200 votol? ty!

ors150 said:
hey guys,

It won't help you, but... How did you turn them off? That would really help me. The setting under PD15(emty), Io, LA, F, 19. How about you? Page3, EBS ratio(%)??

Paulflieg said:
ors150 said:
hey guys,

It won't help you, but... How did you turn them off? That would really help me. The setting under PD15(emty), Io, LA, F, 19. How about you? Page3, EBS ratio(%)??

I didnt turn them off thats how i got them.

ors150 said:
hey guys,

Hi There, Did you work out how to get your regen going as I have the same Problem with mine
Cheers

Hooray it works,
Please could anyone check my parameters
The machine drives but only pulls 25amps then cuts out, when stationary will move again, does it in R and 1/2/3
468C3A0A-74E1-4482-AF27-0C9A0B12FD4E.jpeg
B1B4CF71-50A0-40B2-ACD1-175A3F419809.jpeg
3102CE65-E873-4E93-8DDF-A6F51D6B7A14.jpeg
C0F397F1-7AF1-480A-9CED-9C648AFFD09F.jpeg
AA72B707-16A6-47EB-9D3E-374AB7D549A1.jpeg

Sorry I should have said.
Qs 4000w mid motor, 72v 150ah battery with 200amp continuous (lithium).

Ok so I have more than one problem at the moment but as my screenshots are on this thread can anyone comment if this is noisy or is there controller settings I can change.
[youtube][/youtube] https://youtube.com/shorts/epEl8KB4i64?feature=share

Hi all, Have a bit of a newbie question so sorry if it's been asked before. My controller is the EM200/2 (one Plug)
Can I use the low brake wire for regen and if so, can someone explain how that is set up in the port settings please
Is it a matter of connecting the wire to a switch/ button or a brake lever switch? and setting that up in the port settings?
Reason for the question is I want to activate regen when I want to and not have it coming on all the time.
I not using the high brake as don't have the dc-dc
Thanks again

EVOXY6768 said:
Can I use the low brake wire for regen and if so, can someone explain how that is set up in the port settings please
Is it a matter of connecting the wire to a switch/ button or a brake lever switch? and setting that up in the port settings?
Your brake level/pedal should have a sensor switch which closes as you apply brakes. If you have no brake light, then you can use low brake. Just connect one of the sensor wires to negative and the other one to the brake wire on the controller. Then change the port setting from high brake to low brake and check the low brake box in settings under regen amount.

If you have a brake light activated by your brake lever, just tie into the (+) side (between the brake sensor and brake light) and connect it to the brake wire of your controller and leave it at the default high brake settings.

Start low regen and test is with battery below 80% charge. Then progressively add more until had the desired braking. Regen is disabled if battery voltage is within 5v of your overvoltage setting. So get well below that to make sure your battery can absorb the full regen you set in EBS ratio %.
Reason for the question is I want to activate regen when I want to and not have it coming on all the time.
If you have throttle release regen on then you need to go to port settings to turn it off.

[youtube] https://youtu.be/66XnN7IrjdE[/youtube]

I not using the high brake as don't have the dc-dc
You don’t need a dc/dc converter to use high brake. Battery voltage is fine. The +12v they show means it will work for those who needed a dc/dc converter for their lights and accessories.

Choosing high or low brake is normally based on your brake light. Normally your brake lever sensor connects from battery (+) (for lights that are designed for that voltage) or the 12v from your dc/dc converter (normally found on conversions), or the output from your 72v/36v for when your bike has led rsted for 36-60v. The other wire of the brake sensor goes to the brake light AND to the brake wire on the controller. If you decide to use low brake you just change high brake port to low brake and also check the low brake box in the settings below regen %.

BareKuda said:
EVOXY6768 said:
Your brake level/pedal should have a sensor switch which closes as you apply brakes. If you have no brake light, then you can use low brake. Just connect one of the sensor wires to negative and the other one to the brake wire on the controller. Then change the port setting from high brake to low brake and check the low brake box in settings under regen amount

Thank you for the detail answer BareKuda. Have another newbie question, when you say connect one wire to negative is that to the battery or the negative post on the controller?
Thanks again

EVOXY6768 said:
…when you say connect one wire to negative is that to the battery or the negative post on the controller?
Thanks again
It should be
Ideally one if the black ground wires going to the controller. You can share the ground with the 3-speed switch or throttle. But all the controller really cares about is if that 5v signal from the controller gets pulled low when you squeeze the brakes.

My low brake plug has 2 wires, so do I just plug the brake switch into this plug or do I need to still run one of the wires to the negative on the controller and if so would be the GND ( black/brown ) wire ?
Inked310397722_10159128264973575_420462904643145563_n.jpg

EVOXY6768 said:
My low brake plug has 2 wires, so do I just plug the brake switch into this plug or do I need to still run one of the wires to the negative on the controller and if so would be the GND ( black/brown ) wire ?
Inked310397722_10159128264973575_420462904643145563_n.jpg

For that connector which has the 5v signal from the low brake port and dedicated ground, you would just put one wire from each brake sensor to one pin and the other wire from each brake sensor to the other pin. This is for low brake, no brake light.

Seems the controller has a deductible port set for low brake as well as a dedicated port set for high brake, just to make it easier to wire basic configuration. Advanced user can change the low brake port to cruise control or some other feature after connecting the high brake port.

Hello, I have a problem with the slow start of the votol em200 controller with the qs 138 70h engine. The settings are shown in the picture. I was doing hall angle study and it was 55 degrees. The engine runs very well, but from 0 to 40 km / h it accelerates slowly, only then it pulls with full power. I recorded the preview in the ANT bms and you can see that the current increases slowly and only after 3-4 seconds is it maximum. Is there any way to improve this or is it just a change of the rear sprocket to a smaller one to improve the start? If someone had a detailed description of the settings of this driver, what the option changes, I would be grateful
🙂
Regards

Attachments

• IMG_4827.jpeg
    IMG_4827.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4828.jpeg
    IMG_4828.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4837.jpeg
    IMG_4837.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4838.jpeg
    IMG_4838.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
    IMG_4839.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 23
Do you have the QS138 with integrated reduction gear, or the one without?
Perhaps you do not reach high enough rpms to get good power.

Last edited:
Your motor can do 4500-6000rpm
I think with you need a gearing 1:4 to 1:8 depending on the max speed you want to reach.
Just do the maths.

Currently I have a 1:4 ratio but it is too small, I will put 56, 65 teeth on the rear and it should be great and the maximum speed should be in the range of 130-140.

Hello, I have a problem with the slow start of the votol em200 controller with the qs 138 70h engine. The settings are shown in the picture. I was doing hall angle study and it was 55 degrees. The engine runs very well, but from 0 to 40 km / h it accelerates slowly, only then it pulls with full power. I recorded the preview in the ANT bms and you can see that the current increases slowly and only after 3-4 seconds is it maximum. Is there any way to improve this or is it just a change of the rear sprocket to a smaller one to improve the start? If someone had a detailed description of the settings of this driver, what the option changes, I would be grateful
🙂
Regards
I think I had the same issue. twisting the throttle would make the motor spin very slowly and then all of a sudden you would get full power. I changed my start torque under my starting settings to like 40? and that make it more linear power delivery.

Back