Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

BareKuda said:
Sattva Ram said:
I'm still struggling with the cruise. Maybe it doesnt support it. I waited 8 second at steady throttle but nothing...

I see in port settings a few different cruise choices. One is #15 Cruise Button. I assume you can use one of the unused ports such as low brake and assign it to a button for cruise. Then it works the way you would expect.

But so far i haven't seen anyone using that in port settings.

I've been using cruise for a very long time, as stated I used the low brake port. It's simple there..

Attachments

• Форум.jpg
    Форум.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,086
KiefRichards said:
So I just got my bike running with a qs138 v3, em-150-2, and 300a capable 20s lipo.
In short, it’s massively underwhelming. It takes off from
a stop so slowly. I was expecting a lot more power, even with stock settings.
I can’t feel any difference when sport mode is on or off. I’ve installed a switch for sport mode on the connector with the brown wire, but like I said, I can’t feel any difference on or off. The documentation the seller sent shows the brown wire being “backup” on the em150-2. That’s in addition to “reverse” on another connector. I asked the seller (Harry@qs) about this and he responded saying “it came programmed”.

Am i doing something wrong? Is the brown wire not sport mode on the em150-2? I wish I could datalog with the controller. I feel like im flying blind. Help!
Hello, can you send the source file of wire diagram.
Thank you

Greetings! I do not know how to write a separate publication, so I apologize for getting into someone else's! Help me please!!
I read this thread 2 times!! Almost a month of experiments, more than 700 screenshots from here. Thanks to all the participants, I learned a lot.. BUT:
The problem, which I consider the main one, remains. I'll start over with a Chinese direct drive motor of 1500 watts, I purchased an EM - 50 controller. And there is a problem with regeneration when the throttle is released. She annoys me. I have a habit and love to coast. But no, it doesn't work. Moreover, the regeneration is so strong that when the ignition is on, I can’t even pedal. HELP ANYONE! Tried everything I could. Wrote to support, no response.
Then I read that someone did not have this regeneration, but they managed to turn it on. I didn’t find a post as a person did it (because of this I re-read it 2 times). But the bottom line is that if you can turn it on, then you can turn it off? Right? HOW TO DO IT!?? Annoying when you release gas and stupor. In the last video from votol, you can see that a person starts the engine without regeneration, then he presses something in PB 15 and the regeneration starts working, but the quality is very poor and you can’t see what he is doing !!! I tried to change something, but nothing happened.
Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66XnN7IrjdE
Oh, I ask for help .. Roll forward is everything for me !! I can't ride with permanent regen!!! :-(
I will be grateful for any help!!

j bjork said:
Well, what do you have in PB 15 then?
Do you have "not used" or did you change to that?
j bjork said:
Well, what do you have in PB 15 then?
Do you have "not used" or did you change to that?

Here are my settings! I tried to change it in different ways, but no change .. :-(

Attachments

• НАСТРОЙКИ ПОРТОВ.jpg
    НАСТРОЙКИ ПОРТОВ.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,026
j bjork said:
There is no PB15, I think it was PD15 that was for engine braking.
Have you set PD15 to "1:empty_func" ?

Installed, rebooted, nothing changes.
Or what do you mean? What exactly should I do. I am writing to you through a translator..

j bjork said:

Made it like this. Nothing too. Did you mean it?

Attachments

• ОТКЛЮЧЕН.jpg
    ОТКЛЮЧЕН.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,011
j bjork said:
Yes, but only PD15.
And you saved and turned off the controller afterwards?
In that case I dont know.

Thank you anyway! Yes, I put an empty value on PD 15, saved it, restarted it. Nothing. There is regeneration.
I think that it is wired into the controller initially, just somehow it needs to be disabled programmatically. By making the field empty, the settings inside the controller remain.
And in the video, a person somehow turns them off and on ..
Would like to know how..
Thanks again for your attention.
I will continue to suffer :-(

Attachments

• 111111.jpg
    111111.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 1,003
Transerfer said:
j bjork said:

Or what do you mean? What exactly should I do. I am writing to you through a translator..

I have a controller, Em150 with firmware 2.32. The regeneration can be switched off here!

I have another Em150 with firmware !!2.33!! It doesn't work there!

What firmware do you have?

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
j bjork said:

I have a controller, Em150 with firmware 2.32. The regeneration can be switched off here!

I have just 2.33
Is this a verdict? :-(
Can't it be reflashed?

Forced regeneration is not right! Everyone doesn't need it! For me and my two-wheeled friend with direct drive, this is a torment!!! (((

Attachments

• ФОРУМ ППРОШИВКА.jpg
    ФОРУМ ППРОШИВКА.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 995
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
j bjork said:

I have just 2.33
Can't it be reflashed?

Forced regeneration is not right! Everyone doesn't need it! For me and my two-wheeled friend with direct drive, this is a torment!!! (((

So far I haven't succeeded with 2.33.... But the controller in the video looks quite new. He should not have an old firmware, right? We do not know it! It's very hard to see what he's doing...

Hello, I have not found concise information on the forum about adjusting the torque. I have a Votol Em-100 with a 2000W motor. I am trying to adjust the torque because the motor is having trouble going up slopes, from a standstill. What settings do I need to change to increase the torque? The torque labeled settings don't change anything, so I don't know what to do.

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:

I have just 2.33
Can't it be reflashed?

Thank you for your attention and information! I think that in firmware 2.33 this regeneration mode should also be disabled. The method may just be different. The support guys are silent, but I will write to them again.
I can't believe everyone likes forced regeneration. For a direct drive motor, this is very annoying. For those who like to ride freely - too. In general, thank you for your attention !!. I am grateful to you! I will try to disable this mode further.
I beg you, if you manage to turn off the regen from the throttle, please let me know! I really want to get rid of forced regeneration ..

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:

I have just 2.33
Can't it be reflashed?

So far I haven't succeeded with 2.33.... But the controller in the video looks quite new. He should not have an old firmware, right? We do not know it! It's very hard to see what he's doing...

Thank you for your attention and information! I think that in firmware 2.33 this regeneration mode should also be disabled. The method may just be different. The support guys are silent, but I will write to them again.
I can't believe everyone likes forced regeneration. For a direct drive motor, this is very annoying. For those who like to ride freely - too. In general, thank you for your attention !!. I am grateful to you! I will try to disable this mode further.
I beg you, if you manage to turn off the regen from the throttle, please let me know! I really want to get rid of forced regeneration ..

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:

I have just 2.33
Can't it be reflashed?

And it works, for me...... Tadaaaaa
It is very important to set the "start voltage" setting to the lowest possible value!!
Only then will it work.
The firmware is programmed very dirty and this context is idiotic. In the driving test, at very low speeds, I can feel a very slight, pulsating regeneration. Not relevant to me. Finally wants to roll over a jump with speed without accelerating.

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_200540.jpg
    IMG_20220624_200540.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 943
  • IMG_20220624_200611.jpg
    IMG_20220624_200611.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 943
  • IMG_20220624_200629.jpg
    IMG_20220624_200629.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 943
:bigthumb: Excellent, Paulflieg!! I haven't tried this yet! I tried to separately remove the percentage of regeneration. I tried to reduce the starting voltage separately. Together in this combination did not try! And I have hope! I will definitely try tomorrow!
I circled your screenshots in red. Is this how I should do it?
Did I understand you correctly?
Thank you so much! I'll be sure to post tomorrow how it went!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 937
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 937
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 937
Releaseregeneration: switch off

As said, the starting voltage has to be found out by experiment. As low as possible! 0.9 is right for my throttle grip

Paulflieg said:

As said, the starting voltage has to be found out by experiment. As low as possible! 0.9 is right for my throttle grip

"Allow regeneration: disable"
is this "ebs ratio"? 0%
Yes, I will do the same as in your screenshots. I wrote that the throttle stick can support 0.9. Maybe less, I'll try.
Thank you friend! I'll test today, I'll be sure to write the result!

Paulflieg said:

Unfortunately, it did not work out.. Everything is unchanged for me.. :-(

Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:

Show your "page1" settings! You have to go as low as possible with "start voltage" really! If too low, then error, in the monitor page! Then higher again... Etc. Switch off-always! Reboot and check in the Monitor page! Regeneration is displayed when the gas is released = bad! Regeneration is not displayed = good!

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:

Show your "page1" settings! You have to go as low as possible with "start voltage" really! If too low, then error, in the monitor page! Then higher again... Etc. Switch off-always! Reboot and check in the Monitor page! Regeneration is displayed when the gas is released = bad! Regeneration is not displayed = good!

I can't understand.. Maybe the translator doesn't translate correctly?
What is "start voltage" and what is "turn off always"??
On the monitor page, gas reset regeneration is displayed!
Show me what to fix on my settings. And better underline with a red line!
All settings are sent!
Thank you!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 907
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 906
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 907
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 906
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:

The value for "start voltage" must be determined! Not easy to assume my value. You have a different throttle grip and therefore a different value!

Paulflieg said:
Transerfer said:
Paulflieg said:

The value for "start voltage" must be determined! Not easy to assume my value. You have a different throttle grip and therefore a different value!

Greetings! At 0.89 it no longer starts. 0.9 is also my minimum value. Most likely the controller has it in the program.

Back