TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

cj0 said:
My 2019 36V TSDZ2 with KM5S-LCD supports good when cold. Reduced support is always experienced after cycling 15-30 minutes, despite a steady 42.1V and >1000 Wh battery. Currently the display pops error 30. That is why I am looking at OSF options.

I'd wish to use a "stock" Enerdan SW102. Don't like opening the SW102 case. ....
About you "error 30" problem with stock firmware. I don't know this code for Tsdz2. (only 02 etc.) If it is the same as error 03, which means a controller failure. I don't know if flashing OSF will solve this.

Casainho's build was always based on a flashable third party display, never for stock display, and later he abandoned KTlcd3, SW102, 850C and at last 860C too for his own DiY display.

mbrusa made the original firmware still suitable for these abonbanned displays too and did some improvements based on the mspider65 build. So imho it is the best overall updated OSF.

mbrusa has 3 builds for different displays, resp. Stock, KT or Bafang
In base they are all the same with the same features.

I know that there are tsdz2 motors sold with stock displays 850C and SW102, that work with stock Tsdz2 firmware.
If you don't want to break the SW102 it is best to buy a stock Tsdz2 version, like the one of Enerprof/Enerdan and flash the OSF for stock displays on the controller only.
This SW102 isn't flashable anymore, so you can't use OSF for 860C/SW102.

NB.
If your KM5S-LCD works with stock tsdz2 firmware, you can flash OSF for stock display too.
In that case you can try OSF first before you decide to buy the SW102.
If it is a tsdz2 failure, your error will not disapear.

Elinx said:
About you "error 30" problem with stock firmware. I don't know this code for Tsdz2. (only 02 etc.) If it is the same as error 03, which means a controller failure. I don't know if flashing OSF will solve this.
Sorry for the unclarity. My intention is not to solve the KM5S+TSDZ2 error 30 (Communication Abnormality) in this forum thread. It is there to explain my situation.

Thanks for explaining that:
  1. Casainho's builds are for custom flashed displays only,
  2. mbrusa firmware to use for stock rom displays.

Without your help I would accidentally have chosen the branch emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C, because release notes https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C/releases notes state: "With newer displays P860C, 850C, P850C, SW102, it may not work." Apparently that note is meant as "newer custom flashed displays P860C, 850C, P850C, SW102", or not?

To me it still feels strange, if I don't want to break the SW102, that I should use the repo github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1/releases/tag/v20.1C-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18. Are you sure?

cj0 said:
  1. Casainho's builds are for custom flashed displays only,
  2. mbrusa firmware to use for stock rom displays.
mbrusa has several firmware for stock and custom flashed displays
cj0 said:
... release .. notes state: "With newer displays P860C, 850C, P850C, SW102, it may not work." Apparently that note is meant as "newer custom flashed displays P860C, 850C, P850C, SW102", or not?
This means the display hardware is changed so no guarantee you can flash the display. (same for KT-lcd3)
This is the problem with third party displays made for Bafang (or KT) protocol.
That must be flashed with Tongsheng protocol, which isn't possible anymore.
That is exactly the reason why Casainho made his Easy DIY display after breaking the SW102 with new hardware.
cj0 said:
..... I should use the repo github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-E,Bike-1/releases/tag/v20.1C-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18. Are you sure?
Yes, Enerprof sell the SW102 with Tongsheng protocol, so you can use mbrusa OSF for stock display., so don't need to break it.
But..... de handling is also the same as with stock display, which is very different from the Bafang version.

As said, try first OSF with your old display.

NB.
If you are planning to buy a new Tsdz2 with SW102 from Enerprof.
You can not flash OSF to that Tsdz2 controller, because the hardware is different from the one of PSW power

I am running this version of the OSF software: TSDZ2-v20.1C.4-860C.hex April 11, 2022 release, and have noticed something a bit odd. When I have the 'Torque Sensor / Calibration / Enabled', pedaling produces an uneven power output. I can see my current use going up and down with each pedal stroke (example: right pedal 8 amps, left 4 amps). The TSDZ2 is installed on a recumbent trike.

When I turn Calibration to 'disabled', this problem seems to go away. It produces a bit less power in Hybrid, or Power modes. But the up and down current output is also gone.

Any suggestions on better tuning of settings to eliminate this up/down output? While the calibration is 'Enabled'?

Thanks

fireflyer451 said:
.... I can see my current use going up and down with each pedal stroke (example: right pedal 8 amps, left 4 amps). ...
When I turn Calibration to 'disabled', this problem seems to go away. It produces a bit less power ....
In addition to see this fluctuated data on your display, do you also notice this while biking? If not, why bother?
imho what you see here are the varying forces while pedaling.
Your torque sensor is probably not that sensitive and you will notice this less without calibration.

So far only mspider65 has added something in its Wireless BT OSF version to reduce this torque fluctuation, named "torque smooth".

Elinx said:
badtrader said:
..... I have enabled temperature sensor in the basic settings. Yet despite this it is cycling through the same 3 values. I am at a loss what to try.

... 5 seconds. On my screen it is much quicker each data only displays for a second or less. From the manual "By default 2 data are displayed, 1 - residual battery percentage, 2 - battery voltage, for a time of 5 seconds each.".....
Are you saying that despite the changes done in the configurator, nothing has changed?
You still don't see the temperature?
Are you sure you haven't switched between ini files after changing boxes?
I ask because it looks you have flashed an old ini file again.

About the faster timing I haven't an explanation.

About displaying 2 or 3 data values. I see that, with latest OSF version, the default setting is changed from 2 to 3 values, but the display manual isn't changed for that.

EDIT:
I read that maybe there could be a bug with displaying data values on Level 1 (eco), please try level 2/3/4 with same settings

Ok thank you for the help I have figured out the situation. I indeed have successfully flashed the motor and firmware is working as expected. I began to debug the temperature sensor and have determined that I had purchased counterfeit LM35 sensors. I purchased from ebay because could not find stock online anywhere else. All 3 of them did not behave correctly when tested outside the system with 9v battery. (heating up extremely hot, not giving correct temperature readings - apparently it's common to fake these sensors with an NPN transistor).

So I will now be looking for different legitimate temperature sensor. One thing I did discover and would like to question is that when I had the temperature sensor setting turned on but not actually installed the display would read ~15 degrees. And testing the throttle voltage pin on the board gave a resting voltage of 0.15. Is this correct or am I getting bleed over voltage from another component? I would think that because it is an input it should have resting voltage of 0 and voltage should be only supplied by the output of the temp sensor or throttle.

badtrader said:
.... not actually installed the display would read ~15 degrees. And testing the throttle voltage pin on the board gave a resting voltage of 0.15. .....
Personally I have no experience with adding a temperature sensor, but know there could be a problem with hardware.
Look here if this is maybe for you too the problem.

Hello!
How to use the walk assistant with original firmware? No brake lever and no throttle lever, display 6pinVLCD5. I can enable it in the menu, but what should I use to operate it?

Hi guys, after 3 months I got a problem with the motor in cadence mode: sometime when I stop pedalling and then restart pedalling the motor is not responding (it's apparently off) so I have to pedalling backwards for 1 or 2 turns for having the motor assisting again. Has anyone got this problem? Can someone help me solving it?

hermes127 said:
..... restart pedalling the motor is not responding (it's apparently off) so I have to pedalling backwards for 1 or 2 turns for having the motor assisting again.....
This looks the same problem like here

mbrusa said:
Hello everybody.
I have a friend who has an LCD3 and insisted on adapting the latest version v20.1C.4 to this display, I had to please him.
I tried a little and everything seems fine, for those who want to try it.
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-LCD3/releases/tag/v20.1C.4-LCD3….
:bigthumb:
is there also an outlook / a chance that you will update the std. display firmware (C2) in that direction?
I am especially hoping for the remaining motor improvements from your C3 Version (mspider65 v12&13 stuff) as listed in the changelog.
(Reason: I have 2 bikes with xh-18 display; one running your latest C2.1 Firmware; the other mspider65 firmware (with ESP32 board) - and the mspider65 motor still runs a bit smoother / quieter, I think)

Elinx said:
hermes127 said:
..... restart pedalling the motor is not responding (it's apparently off) so I have to pedalling backwards for 1 or 2 turns for having the motor assisting again.....
This looks the same problem like here
Hi Elinx, thank you so much for your help, I'll try that solution and I'll let you know. Have a nice day!

endlessolli said:
mbrusa said:
Hello everybody.
I have a friend who has an LCD3 and insisted on adapting the latest version v20.1C.4 to this display, I had to please him.
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-LCD3/releases/tag/v20.1C.4-LCD3….
is there also an outlook / a chance that you will update the std. display firmware (C2) in that direction?
I am especially hoping for the remaining motor improvements from your C3 Version (mspider65 v12&13 stuff) as listed in the changelog.
(Reason: I have 2 bikes with xh-18 display; one running your latest C2.1 Firmware; the other mspider65 firmware (with ESP32 board) - and the mspider65 motor still runs a bit smoother / quieter, I think)
This summer I took a break.
I plan to resume development and testing next winter.

mbrusa said:
endlessolli said:
mbrusa said:
Hello everybody.
I am especially hoping for the remaining motor improvements from your C3 Version (mspider65 v12&13 stuff) as listed in the changelog….
This summer I took a break.
I plan to resume development and testing next winter.

Great!
Just coming back from a ride in the hills of northern Italy - what a joy to ride with these improved motors!
Can‘t thank you (and the other contributors) enough!!!

I have to stupid: how do you flash the firmware to TSDz2 for 860c display?, there no java configurator in the source files and ST tools reports all files out of size for the hex-file. What are i missing?

I have 860c display with 500 watt Tsdz2.
I have the new osf installed 20.1.c4
The motor is responsive and works very well.
If i enable "calibration" in the torque sensor section i have an error 2:torque fault.
I have made the calibration for torque adc offset and torque adc max and entered those value.
I do not understand why i have this torque fault error with calibration enable
Since everything is working well.

hey , i have a quick one . for testing purpose i had to set 48v motor for 36v battery . flash went fine , display starts fine , but it won't walk assist ... is this related to voltage ?

It is possible, a lower voltage decreases the available power and increases the acceleration time.
It might be enough to help the motor by pushing the bike at the start.

You will have seen that the levels now set in speed.
I made this change because when it happened to use walk assist on climbs that cannot be pedaled, I was always forced to change the gear ratio, twice, before using it and after.
On the bikes I use, with a 30 chainring, the speed is almost constant on all gears, the acceleration changes obviously.
Consider that the optimal speed for walk assist on non-pedalable climbs is between 2.5 and 4 km / h.
The speed adjustment is not perfect, it needs to be improved, I already have ideas on the to-do list.

Chasse said:
I have 860c display with 500 watt Tsdz2.
I have the new osf installed 20.1.c4
The motor is responsive and works very well.
If i enable "calibration" in the torque sensor section i have an error 2:torque fault.
I have made the calibration for torque adc offset and torque adc max and entered those value.
I do not understand why i have this torque fault error with calibration enable
Since everything is working well.
Strange.
Can you confirm that the set value of "Torque sensor-> Torque adc offset" is the same value of "Technical-> ADC torque sensor" without any push on the pedals?
What is the setting of "Torque sensor-> Torque offset adj"?

The 860c display is brand new and come from eco-cycles and was already
programmed with 20.c4, after i have made calibration then the problem occured.

Back