TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

The 860c display is brand new and come from eco-cycles and was already
programmed with 20.c4, after i have made calibration then the problem occured.

Chasse said:
Value 194 too.
Is it a problem if i leave Calibration disable?
Leaving it disabled is not a problem.
Calibration is only necessary with torque sensors that have a limited range.
If assistance is well distributed across all levels, calibration is unnecessary.
However, the visualization of human power may not be accurate.

Going back to the e2 error, maybe I wasn't clear.
"Torque adc offset" is 194, ok.
"Torque offset adj" is another parameter, it should be between 0 and 34. What value is it set to?

ps
Post a photo of the Torque sensor menu screen.

Well all right, there are no wrong settings.
With these parameters and with calibration disabled, in Power mode it is the same as having it enabled.
Even for human power you will have acceptable values.

I think I understand the problem that causes e2 by enabling calibration.
The display firmware and controller firmware are not the same version.
The display is likely v20.1C.4, while the controller is v20.1C.4.1

I installed an OSF flashed controller and 860C display from eco cycles. Display shows 0.20.1c-4.1 on boot.

When the light configuration is set to 5-8 The light doesn't turn on with LIGHT control OFF but does when set to ON. Other than that the braking part does work as stated in the guide. I'm using a solid state relay to control external power to my light.

How to solve this problem?

Hi all. I bought an Enerpower DZ41 display and connected it to OSF. I used the settings for VLCD5. Everything seems to work, but there is a not pleasant moment. Switching support levels does not work correctly. The DZ41 display has 5 support levels. OSF has 4 levels. When power is turned on, level 0 is set (support is disabled). When you press the + button, the display turns on level 1. But there is still no support. If you press + again, the display shows level 2. The motor turns on the support of the first level. Further, all levels are switched with a delay of -1. Thus level 5 on the display corresponds to level 4 of the motor. But if you start switching down, then the first time you press the support level changes only on the display. But on the motor it does not change. On subsequent downward presses, the levels on the display and on the motor are the same.
I am trying to adapt the code to work correctly with DZ41. I'm trying to find the place in the code that handles pressing the display buttons and selecting the assist mode. So far to no avail. I tried to change the data in the main.h file, but this did not change the order of switching modes. Can someone tell me in which project file the request processing and mode switching comes from VLCD5? Thanks.

33696933 said:
I installed an OSF flashed controller and 860C display from eco cycles. Display shows 0.20.1c-4.1 on boot.

When the light configuration is set to 5-8 The light doesn't turn on with LIGHT control OFF but does when set to ON. Other than that the braking part does work as stated in the guide. I'm using a solid state relay to control external power to my light.

I don't understand what the problem is.
From what you wrote it works correctly.
Lights ON go on, Lights OFF go off.
Why should it be the other way around?

mbrusa said:
33696933 said:

I don't understand what the problem is.
From what you wrote it works correctly.
Lights ON go on, Lights OFF go off.
Why should it be the other way around?

The part where the light is ON while "Light Control OFF" is not working for me.

Ah that makes more sense then because the manual it says it would be on while light control OFF

Attachments

• Lights.PNG
    Lights.PNG
    34.8 KB · Views: 782
You missed the first line.

With light control ON:
0 - on
1 - flashing
2 - on and fast flashing when braking
3 - flashing and on when braking
4 - flashing and fast flashing when braking
5 - on and on during braking also with light control OFF
6 - on and fast flashing when braking even with the light control OFF
7 - flashing and switched on when braking even with the light control OFF
8 - flashing and fast flashing when braking even with the light control OFF

Lii said:
Hi all. I bought an Enerpower DZ41 display and connected it to OSF. I used the settings for VLCD5. Everything seems to work, but there is a not pleasant moment. Switching support levels does not work correctly. The DZ41 display has 5 support levels. OSF has 4 levels. When power is turned on, level 0 is set (support is disabled). When you press the + button, the display turns on level 1. But there is still no support. If you press + again, the display shows level 2. The motor turns on the support of the first level. Further, all levels are switched with a delay of -1. Thus level 5 on the display corresponds to level 4 of the motor. But if you start switching down, then the first time you press the support level changes only on the display. But on the motor it does not change. On subsequent downward presses, the levels on the display and on the motor are the same.
I am trying to adapt the code to work correctly with DZ41. I'm trying to find the place in the code that handles pressing the display buttons and selecting the assist mode. So far to no avail. I tried to change the data in the main.h file, but this did not change the order of switching modes. Can someone tell me in which project file the request processing and mode switching comes from VLCD5? Thanks.
I have the same problem! I would love to use my DZ41 with the OSF, as it is a very nice and clean display.

My bad I interpreted the modes 5-8 as it being always on with it set to OFF not just the braking modes working when set to OFF. thanks

Testi said:
Lii said:
I have the same problem! I would love to use my DZ41 with the OSF, as it is a very nice and clean display.
This spring I had analyzed the problem of the 5 levels, for a request on the Italian forum about 850C. I had also made the change, then it was never tried, because on 850C it was possible to set the levels to 4.
I have to look if it's still there, I hope I've saved it.

Backup found.
Added the change to the latest version.
Here are the files to replace, I hope it works.
View attachment changes_v20.1C.2-update-1_for_5_levels_20220918.zip
The Tongsheng protocol provides 5 levels, only 4 are used in the stock displays, the fifth unused is between 0-OFF and 1-ECO.
Therefore the configurator levels from 1 to 4, on the display will be from 2 to 5. The assistance at level 1 on the display is 70% (configurable in main.h) of the ECO levels of the configurator.

mbrusa said:
Backup found.
Added the change to the latest version.
Here are the files to replace, I hope it works.
changes_v20.1C.2-update-1_for_5_levels_20220918.zip
The Tongsheng protocol provides 5 levels, only 4 are used in the stock displays, the fifth unused is between 0-OFF and 1-ECO.
Therefore the configurator levels from 1 to 4, on the display will be from 2 to 5. The assistance at level 1 on the display is 70% (configurable in main.h) of the ECO levels of the configurator.

This is amazing, thank you so much! :flame:
Will test it as soon as i can.

mbrusa said:
Testi said:
Lii said:
This spring I had analyzed the problem of the 5 levels, for a request on the Italian forum about 850C. I had also made the change, then it was never tried, because on 850C it was possible to set the levels to 4.
I have to look if it's still there, I hope I've saved it.
It will be very cool if you can completely adapt the DZ41. We rode last evening. The display is very comfortable. Still not big, but with a well-read screen and very comfortable buttons. In the current version, support works starting from level 2. If you switch levels from top to bottom and reach the first level, then the support works for a few seconds and then disappears. In fact, support starts from level 2 (this corresponds to the first level of OSC). I tried to change the order of mode selection in ebike_app.c and main.h, but it hasn't worked yet..

mbrusa said:
With these parameters and with calibration disabled, in Power mode it is the same as having it enabled.

You were right, i had the old version.
I have no fault now with the updated
version.
I use the throttle to help when i start the bike, it works when the road is leveled but if i want to start at the bottom of a hill it does not. Is there a function in the display to raise the power applied to the motor with the throttle?

Is there a guide somewhere on how to wire up the light to go on when I brake? I have brake sensors installed and lights wired in. The rear light did have an extra yellow signal cable, but the cable coming from the TSDZ2 controller e.g. the speed sensor/brake splitter only seemed to have 2 wires? Have I missed a step?

33696933 said:

eameso said:
Is there a guide somewhere on how to wire up the light to go on when I brake? I have brake sensors installed and lights wired in. The rear light did have an extra yellow signal cable, but the cable coming from the TSDZ2 controller e.g. the speed sensor/brake splitter only seemed to have 2 wires? Have I missed a step?

Im using mode 7 and only have the two wires from the light harness hooked up to it

0 – on
1 – flashing
2 - on and fast flashing when braking
3 - flashing and on when braking
4 - flashing and fast flashing when braking
5 - on and on during braking also with light control
OFF
6 - on and fast flashing when braking even with the
light control OFF
7 - flashing and switched on when braking even with
the light control OFF
8 - flashing and fast flashing when braking even
with the light control OFF

Chasse said:
mbrusa said:

version.
I use the throttle to help when i start the bike, it works when the road is leveled but if i want to start at the bottom of a hill it does not. Is there a function in the display to raise the power applied to the motor with the throttle?
I don't understand why you have to use throttle for starting.
Maybe you use an inadequate gear ratio?
However, the current and power limits with throttle are the same as in the other modes.
"Max current" in Battery menu.
"Max power" in Motor menu, for offroad mode.
"Max power limit" in Street mode menu, for street mode.

If you use Power mode, check if Startup boost is enabled.
You can also increase the thrust by changing the parameters, instead of the default values 250/25, try 300/20.
Also try Hybrid mode, you will have greater assistance at the start and at low cadence (pushing on the pedals, of course).

mbrusa said:
Chasse said:
mbrusa said:

version.
I don't understand why you have to use throttle for starting.
Maybe you use an inadequate gear ratio?
However, the current and power limits with throttle are the same as in the other modes.
"Max current" in Battery menu.
"Max power" in Motor menu, for offroad mode.
"Max power limit" in Street mode menu, for street mode.

If you use Power mode, check if Startup boost is enabled.
You can also increase the thrust by changing the parameters, instead of the default values 250/25, try 300/20.
Also try Hybrid mode, you will have greater assistance at the start and at low cadence (pushing on the pedals, of course).
I use the throttle to give a faster and easier start at stop sign without having to lower the gear ratio.
When i use the 300/20 in startup boost
the bike kick forward for half a second when i open the display. To not have the
kick forward i had to lower the value to 170/20.
I tried the hybrid mode and it seem better than power mode for my kind of drive.
Thank you.

Back