TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Hi all. There is an updated firmware for VLSD5, I can not understand what's wrong. When driving, the help from the motor intermittently disappears. I think it's probably the torque sensor. Although when I go into the calibration of the torque sensor, the values \u200b\u200bare from 146 to 330.

Atrihalov said:
...I think it's probably the torque sensor..... calibration of the torque sensor,..values .....are from 146 to 330.
If this are the values of the torquesensor, then imho there is nothing wrong with it and must there be another reason.
Maybe the blue gear or spragclutch could be the reason.

Elinx said:
Atrihalov said:
...I think it's probably the torque sensor..... calibration of the torque sensor,..values .....are from 146 to 330.
If this are the values of the torquesensor, then imho there is nothing wrong with it and must there be another reason.
Eats well on the throttle. In the morning, for 10 minutes, he drives well and on the pedals, but then something happens and it’s as if the engine is periodically turned off

mbrusa said:
Why 20?
100% = ECO.
Yes you are right. I misunderstood what value the percentage is from. Then I changed back to 70. But with the latest version there is another problem: If you turn on the power, but do not ride, then after a while the code 30 appears. Before that, I used the previous version 1-20.1C.2. There was no such thing. What could be the problem?

The fix for the DZ41 display works well. All levels from 1 to 5 work correctly. Thank you mbrusa! The bug with the appearance of error 30 no longer appeared. Tried several times to turn on the system, but everything was ok. From the description of the DZ41 display codes, code 30 is a loss of communication. This is probably a display issue, not the OSF.

Atrihalov said:
Elinx said:
Atrihalov said:
Eats well on the throttle. In the morning, for 10 minutes, he drives well and on the pedals, but then something happens and it’s as if the engine is periodically turned off
Hello. And if the cadence sensor falls off, will the motor stop assisting?

Atrihalov said:
Eats well on the throttle.....
... if the cadence sensor falls off, will the motor stop assisting?
If throttle does work, the blue gear can't be the problem, the spragclutch still can.
If the PAS sensor is defective, the motor doesn't run too.
But if the PAS sensor is defective the fault is permanent.
See wiki for further diagnosis.

Is there any way to undo OSF 20.1c.2 and put it back to factory settings after flashing it with the configurator? I may have wrecked two controllers trying to install the OSF, and possibly a display (I know I'm sure I'm the ONLY one this has ever happened to)

dirtgoon said:
Is there any way to undo OSF 20.1c.2 and put it back to factory settings after flashing it with the configurator? I may have wrecked two controllers trying to install the OSF, and possibly a display (I know I'm sure I'm the ONLY one this has ever happened to)

Yes, that is possible. Follow the intructions here:
https://cycles.eco/blogs/eco-cycles-instructionals/tsdz2-motor-firmware-programming
(on that site you will also find the original firmware)
Other than that, it is really hard to wreck a controller and more so a display, unless you did some severe wiring mixup.
Also, it is best to always cut the power from the battery while programming and have the power provided only via USB / the programming adapter.

dirtgoon said:

I was in similar situation . what is happening? what did you do?

Lii said:
The fix for the DZ41 display works well. All levels from 1 to 5 work correctly. Thank you mbrusa! The bug with the appearance of error 30 no longer appeared. Tried several times to turn on the system, but everything was ok. From the description of the DZ41 display codes, code 30 is a loss of communication. This is probably a display issue, not the OSC.
So does the DZ41 display work in full now, as long as you use the code that mbrusa posted? Do you need to flash it? I have an Sw102 but might swap it as the DZ41 looks a bit better

eameso said:
Lii said:
The fix for the DZ41 display works well. All levels from 1 to 5 work correctly. Thank you mbrusa! The bug with the appearance of error 30 no longer appeared. Tried several times to turn on the system, but everything was ok. From the description of the DZ41 display codes, code 30 is a loss of communication. This is probably a display issue, not the OSF.
So does the DZ41 display work in full now, as long as you use the code that mbrusa posted? Do you need to flash it? I have an Sw102 but might swap it as the DZ41 looks a bit better
Yes, DZ41 now works with OSF. The display itself does't need to be flashed. You need to select in the configurator for standard displays, the VLCD5 display. You also need to replace the two files that mbrusa posted in the folder: TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-20.1C.2-update-1\src\controller

Atrihalov said:
On VLCD5 you can somehow see the operation of the PAS sensor?
It is possible to check the PAS sensor operation by viewing the cadence.
There is one consideration, a continuous failure of a sensor causes an error.
A temporary failure, for a time shorter than the control time, does not cause an error but only a malfunction.

I did not understand if it works well with throttle.

To check if it depends on a sensor, you can do a test.
Enable on the display "Assistance with sensors error", read the manual how to do it. Remember that this setting is not maintained, it must be done every time it is switched on.
Test in Torque mode, only the torque sensor is used.
Test in Cadence mode, only the cadence sensor is used.

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
On VLCD5 you can somehow see the operation of the PAS sensor?
It is possible to check the PAS sensor operation by viewing the cadence.
There is one consideration, a continuous failure of a sensor causes an error.
A temporary failure, for a time shorter than the control time, does not cause an error but only a malfunction.

I did not understand if it works well with throttle.

To check if it depends on a sensor, you can do a test.
Enable on the display "Assistance with sensors error", read the manual how to do it. Remember that this setting is not maintained, it must be done every time it is switched on.
Test in Torque mode, only the torque sensor is used.
Test in Cadence mode, only the cadence sensor is used.
Please write how to do it, it's hard to find this place

I wonder why I write the manuals.
Okay, here's the procedure:

1 - To modify the parameters, the “Set parameters” function must be enabled in the configurator (default disabled).
Or, if disabled, it can be enabled on the display at level 0-OFF by setting E02 - SET PARAMETER, light button twice (on / off) until E02 flashes.

2 - Enable “Assistance with sensors error”, at level 4-TURBO, E04 - ASSIST WITH SENSORS ERROR, press the light button 2 + 2 + 2 times until E04 flashes. Attention, this function cannot be set in the configurator, it is always disabled when switched on.

Set the Torque assistance mode, at level 2 press the light button 2 + 2 times until E03 flashes.
Try the Torque mode.

Without turning off the display, set the Cadence assistance mode, at level 2 press the lights button 2 + 2 + 2 times until E04 flashes.
Try Cadence mode.

mbrusa said:
Okay, here's the procedure:

1 - To modify the parameters, the “Set parameters” function must be enabled in the configurator (default disabled).
Or, if disabled, it can be enabled on the display at level 0-OFF by setting E02 - SET PARAMETER, light button twice (on / off) until E02 flashes.

2 - Enable “Assistance with sensors error”, at level 4-TURBO, E04 - ASSIST WITH SENSORS ERROR, press the light button 2 + 2 + 2 times until E04 flashes. Attention, this function cannot be set in the configurator, it is always disabled when switched on.

Set the Torque assistance mode, at level 2 press the light button 2 + 2 times until E03 flashes.
Try the Torque mode.

Without turning off the display, set the Cadence assistance mode, at level 2 press the lights button 2 + 2 + 2 times until E04 flashes.
Try Cadence mode.

Thank you . When you explain it becomes clear immediately.

mbrusa said:

It's because we can then admire and be amazed at all you have done and accomplished and marvel at your delightful prose. :lol:

Sometimes though we just need to see it again to make it clear. It's the teacher's dilemma :D

Thanks again for all your efforts :bigthumb:

pxl666 said:
hey
can someone can explain clearly how to understand these values ?

XJQsZV1.jpg

what does mean ECO and 40 ? how does it correspond to applied pressure and generated power ? if i see on display pressure from 60 to 266 how does it correspond to these values ?
i want to set my pedals not by power but by "pedal hardness" and have all power available but have different levels of needed pressure to get full 700w for example .
for example on ECO i have to press with 70kg of force to get 500w and on TURBO 40kg to get 500w . is this possible ?
The assistance parameter of the Torque mode is an 8-bit number (maximum value 254), it is used to adapt the adc range of the torque sensor to the range of assistance that the motor can give, but there is no direct relationship with the power.

If at each level you want to limit the power to a specific value, you have to go by trial and error, using an external wattmeter.

Personally, I consider Torque mode an emergency mode, to be used in the event of a cadence sensor failure.
On the other hand, it makes sense when used in Hybrid mode. Torque + Power.

mbrusa said:
Atrihalov said:
Thank you . When you explain it becomes clear immediately.
gfmoore said:
.....Sometimes though we just need to see it again to make it clear...
mbrusa is right. It cost a lot of time and efforts to write these manuals.

If something isn't clear I can imagine that there are some questions about what is written into the manual.
But my experience is that there are questions, the answers can be found in this topic or the manual, but that the (lazy ??) questioner has not even read or is not aware of its existence.

hey
regarding my question (didn't find explanation in manual or in the topic...)

...can we assume that in torq mode , for every point of pressure / torq - there is generated defined amount od power/current represented by these numbers that i type in configurator ? lesser the number - weaker the assist ?

Maybe there are interpretative problems with the translations?

Copy / paste from the manual, it is very concise, but also very clear.

7 - Torque assist mode
“Torque assist” is an assistance mode proportional to the torque on the pedals.
- Assist level 1 - ECO
- Assist level 2 - TOUR
- Assist level 3 - SPORT
- Assist level 4 - TURBO
The power delivered by the motor is proportional to the applied torque and the set assistance values.
Set assistance levels according to your needs. Relative values, maximum 254.

These assistance parameters are also used in the hybrid mode.

Therefore, the higher the value, the higher the power delivered, but it is not possible to define how much, because it also and mainly depends on the thrust on the pedals.
Note. Relative values, it means that there is no unit of measurement.

Hi guys, unfortunately my bike with the TSDZ2 motor and this wonderful firmware has been stolen so I'm going to buy a new bike and I want to re-install the TSDZ2B motor with the mbrusa firmware for VLCD5 display. Can I use the mbrusa firmware with the new Tong Sheng TSDZ2B motor? I know that there are many mechanical improvements in that new version but I'm not sure if the electronic controller is compatible with the mbrusa firmware. Thanks in advance for the help!

hermes127 said:
...Can I use the mbrusa firmware with the new Tong Sheng TSDZ2B motor? .....
tr8 and endlessolli gave already feedback that OSF can be flashed on the Tsdz2B from PSWPower.

edit:
And atlet too :)

I hope you will be more lucky with your new build, succes

Back