Norco Empire 8150 build (page 20 pic heavy)

Looks bad a$$ Timma!!!

Hehe thanks 12p3phPMDC! :D
Can't wait to get to ride it, the wait is killing me!

Paul :D

Damn Timma!! I would have to so that's the best looking build I have seen so far. Is there anyway you can take a pic from further away, I am not familiar with that bike. Can't wait to see how that gearhead works out, I was looking into those, but was either disappointed with the weight, power handling, or the efficiency of them. Does it have a oil bath inside or does it run fairly dry? Nice work, I will be following daily.

very nice design! can't wait to see this one running, good luck :mrgreen:

This build together with a handfull of other bikes are unique in how they use the battery enclosure - and in this case, gear reduction - as a stressed part of the frame.
stealthinside.jpg

This needs to be the future of ebike frames which are well overdue for improved weight distribution and minimisation.

Well done backyard-custom-pioneer!

If only ebike mass manufacturers would wake up and stop tacking ebike kits onto traditional frames. They dont lend well to space optimisation at all....

The constant caliber (quality) increase of bikes on this forum continues to amaze me. Truely stellar.

Smileys don't come big enough.

Matt

That planetary should work well. However, if your reduction does not work well, I will work with you on a two stage drive. I really want to see this thing come together well.

Super looking build Timma 8) real "terminator" style to it!
hopefully you'll get this design nailed and then start selling the frames for home builders, this is where we really need to be and with things slowly coming together now we're not far off, keep us up to date :D

Cheers,

D

Hi Paul,

Timma2500 said:
Esc: CC HV140
Motor: Astro Flight 8150
Gearbox: BaneBots 16:1 planetary

A HTD 5m 15mm wide belt will be used with 28T/44T pulleys to start with and re-gear if its too high or low.

Guna use one of evlogic's throttleizers with the temp cutouts used on the motor and esc incase they get a bit too warm, just have to find the cash...

Paul :D :D

Nice start! :)

How many turns on the 8150 or what is the kv?

If 28t/44t 16:1 is too much running a little more reduction with the belt with a 12:1 banebots would probably be quieter.

I think evlogic's throttleizers have the option of monitoring 2 temps or 1 temp with LVC. You might not need to worry about the HV140 in any event:
recumpence said:
The new HV140 is a freakin BEAST! That may be the best thing running right now. I have two and a friend of mine is running a 3220 and a HV140. He is pulling 200 amps off that controller without problems!

Matt

Superb work!!

Are there two of those boomerang shapes side by side in your new frame, and what's the thickness of those, they look very solid?

Don't hold back on the pics!!!

Do you know if the original frame was heat treated? Will you heat treat the frame when done? What grades of aluminum are the frame and battery box?

Excellent build, makes me want to start hacking on my santa cruz.

Back