Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Given all the choppers, recumbents, electrified VW buses... mine is a tad... anticlimactic.

But, thought I'd share with the group nontheless:

Before:
n1425978003_30085208_7297.jpg

After:
4980_1165717629543_1425978003_30456744_7868979_n.jpg

Oh, and I'm always looking for suggestions, feel free to leave me some in my bike's thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9667#p149318

Oh, last and not least, lest anyone have any question regarding my bike's potential and carrying capacity:

4766_1166344725220_1425978003_30459868_7805241_n.jpg

This is one of the 7 ebike I assembled for my familly!:

This is the setup I think that should satisfy completly every details about confort, torque and speed and range for everyone that want to get and enjoy an ebike.

- The range ( no pedaling is at least 50km NO PEDALING) and 100km with 50% pedaling)
- The max speed is set by the little red botton that limit the max speed for 32km/h, 38km/h or 47km/h
- It can climb any hill on road at 25km/h and up
- The motor and setup is very efficient ( 650W at 45km/h)
- The battery is a LiFePO4 of 48V 15Ah of 2000 cycles ( good for up to 100 000 km !)
- The dual suspension allo perfect confort eventhou you hit some putholes or craks on the pavement
-The bike is made os strong alluminium renforced with steel torque arm to support the high motor torque
- The total weight is 59lbs without the battery but compared to a scooter, it's lightweight and have the same range and great torque!
-The little Cycle aAnalyst computer allow you to monitor speed, power, Ah and total energy used per ride or overall, and the efficiency in Wh per km)

[youtube]OIJrreU-dYE[/youtube]

Hmm. Before and after is difficult for the CrazyBike2, because it was designed to be an ebike to start with. However, it *is* operable without the motor and stuff, so here is a few pics to get the idea of what I started with and what I have it like now:

As it is right for the last two days:
dsc01623.jpg

As it was before that for a couple of months or so:
CargoPodAndRearRackAngledFullBikeSide.JPG

As it was before I changed out the seat:
1CrazyBike2WithPowerChairMotorAndBothCargoPods.JPG

Now these are before adding the motor, but when I was still planning on using the treadmill motor:
Same seat with just one cargo pod:
Crazybike2SideNightLitFlash.JPG

CrazyBike2Right040209.JPG

Same seat but before the cargo pods:
CrazyBike2AndMeAtNorthMountainPark1.PNG

CrazyBike2AtNorthMountainPark1.PNG

CrazyBike2AndMeAtNorthMountainPark2.PNG

Pre-rideable stages:
Crazybike2.0WithSeatRightSide.JPG

LoweredSeatStaysFullBike.JPG

Just before I changed the rear frame out entirely (mostly to get a different BB with square-taper spindle):
FullBikeNoRearBrace.JPG

Lots more on the project blog at http://electricle.blogspot.com

It's been an ongoing learning experience both with bikes and with motors and controllers and batteries, for the last couple of years at least. I look at some of my oldest posts and ideas, and realize they make me look like an idiot, but in some ways that's probably still true. :)

This bike's been in the works since early this year (2009), after having learned a lot with prior experiments, and deciding to "start from scratch".

It's nowhere near "finished", of course, but it sure is functional. Today I rode to work and back (about 5 miles total) without pedalling at around 18MPH easily, on this 120+ pound bike built out of recycled junk with 150 pound rider that feels like unrecycled junk. :)

welcome to my first ebike built by jim wrecked and blown up by me and rebuilt by me and jim again...... LOL :mrgreen

Attachments

• giant side [].jpeg
    giant side [].jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 5,579
here are some more pics of my bike along side jims toys Photo0465 [1024x768].jpg
the giant bolder is running a 36v 500w golden motor. giant rock is running a 48v 1000w motor and the rat bike is a 48v 1000w motor all three of the bikes are running 48v sla's 14ah and all have ecrazy controllers which have all been modded

Attachments

• Photo0467 [1024x768].jpg
    Photo0467 [1024x768].jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 5,534
  • Photo0469 [1024x768].jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 5,523
hi there have now swappped 36v 500w motor for a 48v 1000w one.... also upgraded all battery wires for 175amp 16mm welding cable so dont get any voltage drop now.....
took the bikes for a 11 mile ride managed a top speed of 30mph on the flat. .
the front wheel now lifts with ease.
will post pics soon of upgraded wiring. . .

voicecoils said:
colby said:
2520 watts(just of the charger) of hill climbing fun :)

That looks crazy, nice work. Plans to move to lithium power?

Thank you voicecoils.

This is my 2nd build, first one being direct drive. I decided I wasn't very found of the crank drive set up so I decided to rebuild it from scratch! However I didn't want to lose the ability to shift on the motor side. So I went with a parallel type drive.Keeping 3 cogs and the rear derailleur for a 3 speed on the motor, and a single on the crank. I can still use the freewheel crank I bought :) So in any event, the fact I was going to rebuild it anyways I decided to go lithium. The price was right on the bosch fatpacks. Just finished building the pack enclosure.

Check it out.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7569&start=360

Writing up my experiences with getting this baby going but here it is in the beginning:
3n03k23p0ZZZZZZZZZ97cf9b1faf13b831472.jpg

and after 1000W GM with 48V BLDC Regen Controller +48V20AH 16S prismatic pack. Custom built an aluminum frame with plastic battery holders in the rear panniers that actually are holding the weight.
View attachment 2
batterycarrier1.jpg
batterycarrier2.jpg

"Speed E8" - Dahon Speed 8 Electric Bicycle Conversion Prototype - More Pix

Dahon Speed P8 / Crystalyte 405 rear motor / 20A controller / CA plugin / Cruise control / 36V / 10Ah / NiMH / Top speed is about 24mph (38.5kph) / Range is quite variable. It still folds nicely.

Here is a picture of one of our earlier prototypes. We did 600-miles (965km) since the last CA reset. We saved it from disassembly and has now become one of our daily commuters for about a year. Not too impressed with the torque of this motor and it's quite heavy, but it's rock-solid reliable and good balance of assistance. Pack is mounted on the seat tube, controller fits exactly in the gap between the wheel. The problem with this configuration is that the seat is stuck high... So it's not good for shorter riders. The nice thing is that you can quickly remove the battery pack and the seat which will be the first things that get stolen in the wrong neighborhood.

More Pix of the Speed E8

ONe more for the show.

Attachments

• gt-ruckus-i-drive-7-30-399-75.jpg
    gt-ruckus-i-drive-7-30-399-75.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 14,444
  • P1110310.JPG
    P1110310.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 12,381
Giant Trance3 BMC 600 build

Well figured before and after should be done before I had trashed the thing.
Before it was one of these.

stockwheelssm.jpg

Now as an e-bike it looks like this
600Lsm.jpg

That is after
Building a couple of wheels with 12ga spokes
Upgrading to 8inch brake rotors
Installing a 600BMC rear motor with a crummy axle
Replacing the MTB crank with a 53-tooth road crank and finding an 11-34 freewheel
Modding a throttle for remote operation
Building my first real A123 pack 2p14s
Installing a rear rack and pack
Fitting fenders that didn't fit.
Putting together a brake motor cutout switch
Modding a Kickstand so it would fit
Putting on a torque arm. and a few goodies lights, speedo mirror ect.

600Rsm.jpg

600Rrearhalf.jpg

600Lbackhalf.jpg

Top speed 1st gear locks on at 17mph 2nd gear at 30mph controlled by thumb on the the Shimano rapid-shift front derailleur. Finger lever used to release the locked throttle.
Climbs hills 4mph faster than my GM 500w motor at the same 48V but it is not silent. Cushy ride across the playground, down the dirt roads, off curbs ect.
52lbs with the cable lock, kickstand , 4.6AH bat that gets me near 7 miles at 30MPH. Does not tear my back up like the hard tail Schwinn did.
Still working on;
Battery pack 2
600LM bike light kit
Brake light
5 amp and 8amp chargers as well as 2.8 amp on board.
single wheeled trailer for extra batts and range as well as hauling
lets not forget to replace the hose clamp being used for the torque bar
This build took just over a year and it was done with little use of my damaged right arm. The arm is good enough to ride now so I am doing plenty of it 190 miles so far.
More info on the build http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11478

winter beater.

restored junk bicycle new parts.
steveo's 48 volt controller moded lvc now works with 39volts with a 20volt cutoff. now its 52volts lol
sorry ypedal i just couldn't pull your hubmotor apart it lives on.
and pings 39volt battery. 12volt sla

biohazardman said:
Giant Trance3 BMC 600 build
file.php

Top speed first gear 17mph second gear 30mph controlled by the Shimano rapid-shift front derailleur shifter.
More info on the build http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11478

That's basically my dream commuter build. Nice work!!! I'm curious if it will get a bit quieter as you break in the motor.

Glad you like it. It is what I need for in the city and a bit of dirt too. Has 160miles on it now and the noise is the same. Not overly loud but people turn before you get to them and look so it's easy to hear I would guess. At speed, the wind makes to much noise to hear much of it. Have an on board charger I will get installed in the next few days and another battery pack also. Busy riding and tuning so not getting as much done on it and there is plenty yet to do.

biohazardman said:
Has 160miles on it now and the noise is the same. Not overly loud but people turn before you get to them and look so it's easy to hear I would guess. At speed, the wind makes to much noise to hear much of it.

Cool. If you get a chance to record some video, I'm curious to hear what the motor sounds like.

Have to buy a video cam before I can do that. I have been looking so when I find one I will comply with your request.

Update; Edit

Well it's been a few years Feb of 2013 now and 7K on the ebike it's been my main mode of transportation since the build. Changed out motor bearings a couple times although it was likely just slop in side plate, where the bearing fits that was the original problem. Changed the motor from a V2S to a V2T really loved the acceleration difference although top speed down from 40+ to 30+MPH. Lyen said I had the wrong controller on the bike so I bought one that was specifically for the gear motors. Even with much programming I prefer the old unit, as the new one surges more at the speed 16-20MPH I want to run, so it will go back on soon when I go from 66V to 72V. Other than two sets of tires, a throttle cable wearing out and ten batts replaced due to years of abuse, the bike has given me no problems at all. Some good things over the past years I lifted 50LBs the other day! When I started on the bike build, near three years back, I could barely lift 20LBs due to arm injuries suffered at werq. My ability to drive is mostly back now, was not safe to drive due to head injuries, :shock: suffered in an assault in 2011, so I will soon have the car fixed just cuz. It's been sitting in the garage with the motor I built waiting to go back in for near 12 years since I came down with Hep-C from a syringe stick :shock: on a city bus. I fully expect to be healthy in a couple more years. Just in time to retire. :D

My creation. The whole process under:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13411

28_case_closed.jpg

Hi everyone, this is my third post so I decided to go ahead and share my little (and after discovering this site I was quite humbled...ESPECIALLY after reading through Justin's thread about the Trans-canada trip!) project with everyone. I decided a youtube video would best explain the design...nothin' beats a good walk-around.

Before:

5535_252638910103_509410103_8250492_713915_n.jpg

After:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z744OGX8jyM[/youtube]

....ok I've previewed it a couple times and the video isn't embedding but I think you can copy and paste a link right? Just in case though here's a photo...it's come a ways since this picture and the video will show that.

5535_252638915103_509410103_8250493_360388_n.jpg

Back