highest A on a 9c motor

nuvola

10 mW
Hi guys,
I've a RH 205 7x9 motor 48V (800W) working with his original 27A controller.
I'd like to upgrade from my 48V 27A controller to this one:
http://cgi.ebay.it/Infineon-Electric-Bike-Motor-Controller-48-60V-45A_W0QQitemZ290344412889QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4399e026d9
it's a 45A controller!!
does anyone has tried this high A on a 9c motor?
how much acceleration improve? (I think should become similar to 5305 until 40km/h(my acteual speed max)

I don't want to burn everything... :twisted:

battery it's ok (48V 60ah 1C-2C)

70A? it's amazing!
how many km have you done with this A?
are you working at 48v?
how is changed speed and acceleration?
what about battery range, how many km are you able to do?

The member here named "Methods" hits the 9C with over 100amps during hard acceleration.

It's a matter of keeping your throttle duty cycle with in the heating limits of the motor. AKA, maybe 100amps for 10second to get up to speed, then cruise at light throttle to let the motor cool down a bit before hitting it with a lot of current again.

In fact, the higher current limit has not affected my range what so ever. It is exactly the same.
My battery pack uses LiMn cells, and I have 14s (51v nominal) and 27 usable AH. Pack is good to 10c (konion cells limit).

I have put just about 1,000 miles on my bike so far in the past couple months, which would be about 1,600km.

I placed relays inside my motor for delta/wye switching for a higher top speed, and better low end torque.

Depending on how fast I go, my wh/mi changes. If I am going flat out, hitting my top speed of 45mph and averaging over 40mph, I average 38wh/mi. This gives me a range of 36 miles/charge.
If I keep the speed lower at around 25mph, I can average around 22wh/mile, and that increases my range to 63 miles/charge.

Acceleration is great, it's not as good as some others on the forum, with higher battery voltages, but what can ya do?! lol
Off the top of my head, i'd say I get to 40mph in between 6-8 seconds, and it takes a while (10+ seconds) to get from there to 44-45mph. I'll have to time it sometime soon.

I've hit peaks of 160amp on my star/delta run !!!!

-steveo

Just reading this thread makes me jealous :p Some day I have to get to converting my 22 amp controller into a 32 amp one.

Putting in relays for wye/delta also sounds incredibly cool, however, it's a bit over my head right now. I don' have the money to just buy another if I mess up so I have to be careful with what I have :)

DerekG said:
I don' have the money to just buy another if I mess up so I have to be careful with what I have :)
I don't have the money either to replace a broken part instantly right now either, however, I feel pretty confident with my abilities to fix whatever problems may arise.

...and we need videos of how to ride without smoking the box....because it is art

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13447&start=30#p208108
There ya go, it's not much, but the only videos i've got right now :p.

man....you are SERIOUS!...I guess I had better get some head gear.

Back