Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Nice bike...to get the youtube embedded just put the numbers AFTER the '=' sign in the url..in this case z744OGX8jyM

[youtube]z744OGX8jyM[/youtube]

KiM

Thanks, but I don't think I understand about imbedding the video. Near as I can tell, as it is typed the "numbers" are after the = sign... I guess I'm not getting how it works.

If you move your cursor over the youtube button in the text editor it tells you how too do it also.

I typed the letters/numbers you need to put between the youtube tags in my above post suurely you must be able too see that? --> z744OGX8jyM <-- That is ALL you need to put between the youtube tags for the video to be embedded. The -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<-- This part of the URL DONT put between the tags...understand? One more time..

How YOU did it [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z744OGX8jyM[/youtube]

What needs to be done to work, this part of the url ONLY z744OGX8jyM between the youtube tags...

KiM

Electric wins again! - Nice battery case at rear frame side like panniers or saddle bags. I appreciate the electric frame geometry so much better... so I guess you won't be needing the stingray (the vette) anymore - jk

-Mike

mwkeefer said:
Electric wins again! - Nice battery case at rear frame side like panniers or saddle bags. I appreciate the electric frame geometry so much better... so I guess you won't be needing the stingray (the vette) anymore - jk

-Mike

That's not a Vette. I believe that is a Corvair, which would also explain the handle of "rearengine" which also might explain why he would have an interest in having a bicycle with an engine behind the drivers seat.

Hard to tell from the pics. Did you cut up your Cruzebike attachment to move the BB and crankset forward?

Hey .. Thanks for taking a look.. The frame is MNTB. I went to electric because I didn't like the noise & vibration.. As far as range, I didn't even run a 1/4 tank of gas through it , but we know it would be much farther .. I only ride 10- 12 miles at a time usualy..18-20 mph with the 20" 235 big apple on front.. The battery is setting on a modified rear rack, and a peg on the axle.. The bottom bracket , I cut off of another frame ,and welded it on a flat piece of steel then bolted to the swing arms. The cruzbike kit is on another bike now..The car is a 65 Corvair ( a poor mans corvett ) Take care BillPicture1.jpg PS... Next project

48V 1000W Golden Motor, 48V 10AH LiFePO4 battery in tackle box, Watt's-Up Meter, Schwinn Speedo, Planet-Bike Fenders, 2 torque arms, Kool-stop brake pads, Controller and wires located in triangle frame bag w/switch and 30-amp fuse, Zefal Raider HD rack, Chromoly steel frame Bianchi mountain bike, Goes about 30 mph.
DSCI0223s.jpg

DSCI0221s.jpg

Hi - Have been lurking around these forums for a while researching the best way to electrify my Christiania Trike. Eventually went with an Ezee hub motor kit from ebikes.ca (with great support from Justin and my LBS!). It goes really well and I can now go up hills with a load of children at 20km/h instead of 4 (as long as I keep pedalling!)

Before -before1.jpg

After -after1.jpg

After (with all the bits back on) - after2.jpg

That is a really sweet build - my son LOVES it (and wants me to build us one now, 3yr olds - heh).

-Mike

I didn't take a before pic, but it didn't look that much different. I already had the panniers on, and the brains and power are in the panniers while the panniers hide the hubmotor. If a recumbent can be stealth than this is stealth. People notice that it's a recumbent long before they notice it's electric, if they ever do.

member-thatguitarguy-albums-pix-picture1530-red-rover.jpg
member-thatguitarguy-albums-pix-picture1531-hub-motor.jpg

Nice. Very subtle.

I am starting to get really excited about the stealth aspect.
If only the 9C didn't whine audio stealth could also be achieved.

-methods

methods said:
If only the 9C didn't whine audio stealth could also be achieved.
Does it whine at the PWM frequency or some harmonic/resonance of that? If so, maybe you can use some of the spray-on winding-insulator lacquer to glue them down securely so they can't vibrate. Same thing for the stator laminations (assuming it even *is* laminated instead of solid).

this is the 2nd bike (2009) i built: EB2

4 36v bat836 (soon too be 6. 264a peak)
2 35a controllers (soon too be 1 100a kelly)
2 24v 450w MY1018Z
3 gears on motor side (18-35)
1 speed on crank
50lb

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0389-1.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Colby
Nice work.
What bike brand is the EB2? Specifically what/who made the frame. Is the frame aluminum or steel?

thanks guys!

i really appreciate it.

yeah, they turned out well considering my limited tools and space (hacksaw and a power hand drill) the bracket is kind of my signature for my bikes :) it definitely has more purpose on the EB1.

i really liked the EB1, but i built the EB2 because i wanted something safer and lighter at higher speeds and have the ability to shift the motors.

the EB1 was heavy as hell and every time you would hit a pothole you thought you might die :shock:

EB2 is a 2006 giant pistol 1 with aluminum frame. great bike. hayes hydraulic disc brakes, fox rear shock, etc. here's a link about it:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/older-categories-bikes/older-allmtnbikes/giant/pistol-1/PRD_413304_1576crx.aspx

here's a couple more pics.

charging.
IMG_0418-1.jpg

IMG_0421-1.jpg

controls:
watt meter
blue=headlight
red=taillight
key=controllers on/off
silver=battery on/off

IMG_0011-1.jpg

changes to come:
24" rims with 2.5 hookworms
new custom bracket/battery box and home made seat (kind of like a dirtbike seat)
kelly 100 amp controller...and if the motors die after proper cooling and gearing. maybe a etek/mars or possibly rc. the motors should be fine though (short 4kw bursts with very low gearing) will see though :|
2 more bosch fat packs (in the mail right now)

thanks for looking :)

think I'll start a separate thread for this :wink:

Back