12 kw rc motor

Hey guys, still waiting for motors.... will tell you all info shortly , please wait a little

Hmm, 10kw is all that's needed for a powered paraglider... I'm so keen to get converting, but waiting for everything to be perfect. I need a prop RPM of 2500, so at 20s lipo I'd need about a 2 to 1 reduction. Maybe it would just need a delta wye conversion and then go direct drive for maximum effeciency.

MOTORCEK.jpg

here s the motor picture
They will put high quality bearings , but no halls since they would need to open mould...

What do you say, opinions?

So i guess sensorless controllers is a way to go

Fitting Hall sensors should be easy, especially as this motor has a fairly large stator. I'd say that fitting them as a DIY option is the way to go, all it'll take is for one of us to get one of these motors, do the install and then post some photos and instructions on here.

I may well be interested in one of these motors, so it may be that I'll be the Hall sensor mod guinea pig...........

Jeremy

The only thing that it seems to be missing is a shaft extending beyond the firewall side of the motor.

Taking power off of the prop side is more difficult. We may need to come up with a replacement shaft.

Looks great!! There will be a lot of folks intereseted in this setup.

Now all we need is a 200A 6 fet controller with hall sensors!

That definitely has double bearings on both ends of the stator.
In addition, it has a skirt bearing.

All of those bearings = Well Supported Shaft and bell. :D

FIRST OF ALL. STILL WAITING FOR MOTORS . I WILL GIVE ONE MOTOR TO HAL TO TEST IT IF HE WILL FIND TIME. WHAT DO YOU SAY HAL ? . FACTORY NUMBER AND ADRESS WILL GIVE YOU AFTER 20 OF THIS MONTH WHEN I RECIVE THE MOTOR(JUST TO BE SURE I GET IT , BEFORE THOUSOUNDS OF INQUIRES END UP ON THEIR MAIL :)). BUT IT WONT HELP YOU MUCH. FOR THE TWO MOTORS , MY FRIEND IN CHINA HAD SEVERAL CALLS AND TALKED ON PHONE JUST TO GET THEM ( THESE GUYS JUST WANT QUANTITIES AS I CAN SEE AND DONT REPLY VERY OFTEN TO MAIL) FIRST PRICE THEY OFFER 500 DOLLARS A PIECE ??? . SINCE EVERYBODY ASK ME IF I CAN SELL THEM THIS , I WILL TRY TO ORGANIZE A GROUP BUY FOR 100 PCS WITH FRIENDS IN CROATIA. THE PRICE WITHOUT SHIPPING FROM CHINA SHOULD BE AROUND 230- 270 DOLLARS .
PLEASE WRITE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED AND HOW MUCH PIECES WOULD YOU LIKE

John in CR said:
If HAL gives them a favorable report, put me down for 2 in the group buy.

Well , same here . If hal says they are good as they seem : great, if not ; then i just bought myself a pile of shit :) . Anyway , i am positive about this one , but lets wait and see . if they are good : they are going double on motorcycle ! and single for dh mtb :)

4.5" diameter stator with 3" height.

If the efficiency is good, this single motor could easily be better than a pair of the big HXT motors.

I'll certainly be up for one, maybe two, if they test out OK. I don't actually need 12Kw for the project I'm thinking of, but do want around 5 to 6kW continuous, so the extra headroom would probably be good for reliability.

Jeremy

i GOT THE MOTOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE IS THE SICKEST THING I SAW :) :) :) : ): :) :) .... TODAY I WILL SEE HAL AND WE WILL TRY TO TEST IT. HERE ARE THE PICTURES . MOTOR CONSTRUCTION LOOKS OUTSTANDING
THIS MOTOR IS MADE FOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION FOR SURE , HE IS NOT SO LIGHT. HAS AROUND 5.5KG . DEFINITELY HAS A LOT OF SPACE FOR AIR FLOW ON UPPER AND DOWN PART OF THE STATOR
HERE ARE THE PICS : SIZE COMPARISON WITH CIGARETTES AND AGNI :)

Unless you've got the worlds smallest hands and a miniture pack of cigerettes, I'm sold!

Who do I paypal?

BTW- I love that picture with the Agni next to this RC motor. It's like the looking at the past and the future.

Wholly snapping duck shit i MUST have one of these beauties!!! Luke forgets about
160km/hr e-bike 200km/hr babeee! Lets see those frock motor boys catch this bad boy :twisted:

liveforphysics said:
Who do I paypal?

^^Ditto

KiM

AussieJester said:
Wholly snapping duck shit i MUST have one of these beauties!!! Luke forgets about
160km/hr e-bike 200km/hr babeee! Lets see those frock motor boys catch this bad boy :twisted:

liveforphysics said:
Who do I paypal?

^^Ditto

KiM

It doesn't spin the copper like a damn agni, so it doesn't have the hard RPM limits imposed on it of designs that spin copper. I'm going to do a tight tensioned wrap on the rotor of mine with some of the 10,000ft spool of 6k carbon fiber yarn I bought, and slather the outside with some high temp epoxy. :) A few hundred tensioned wraps should easily double the RPM stability of the rotor can. :) Hit it with as high of voltage and current as I can find a controller to do, and see what happens. :)

This controller seems like a decent match for finding the limits of that motor. :)

http://www.newkellycontroller.com/product_info.php?products_id=459&osCsid=23030c928c9d56bb457ed9190d87f9ee

If the efficiency really turns out to be anything near what they claim, I don't think we will even be able to get this motor hot with a regular E-bike controller. :)

AussieJester said:
I wonder if Thuds 2 speed dog box would
be able to handle the power of this puppy?
If so it would make a good combo for a full blown
light weight drag bike i think :lol:

KiM

If the situation is 60kv and 60v (3600rpm) Then with 12kw at peak RPM, it should be around 26ft-lbs of torque. At 1,800rpm and 12kw, it should be about 52ft-lbs of torque. For #25 chain in the gear-box with small diameter sprockets, that would pretty quickly be a fail. :( If he stepped it up to #219 sprockets and chain, it should be able to take it.

But the question becomes, do you really need a gear box with this motor? If the efficiency curve climbs up from 0% at 0rpm quickly enough, I don't think a tranny would be needed at all. Maybe a wheelie bar though. :)

okay guys , heres the deal. The motors will be shipped directly from China ,since my friend Boris (work with him for 4 years ) has an export company there and he ll take care each order and make one big . Also , he is the only reason why i got these motors . He is checking today to get better shipment prices . The factory says she needs 14-20 days to produce the motors . Also when you pay in China , it needs almost 2 days for money to get there . So after payment needs three weeks to make them , then Boris will inspect if every motor looks okay , and he will need one or two days to send the motors since the manufacturer is not in Guangzhou. If you have your own shipment that you want to use , send me info on pm. everybody who wants the motor needs to send me their e mail on pm or here ; and then i will send the list of people with emails to Boris . He or his secretary will contact everybody with payment details. You can ask him if he can use paypal ( i dont think it is possible in China to use paypal , am i right ?)or whatever u use. Anyway , if we take more than 60 pieces , we ll get the price of 220 bucks . we need to have 30 pieces for 240 bucks. I ll take 2 motors more .
LETS WAIT FOR TEST TODAY ....AND HOPE THEY ARE WORTHY
Also , because we are making a big order together , lets make a deadline 5 days from today for everybody who wants to join in . What do you think ?

liveforphysics said:
AussieJester said:
I wonder if Thuds 2 speed dog box would
be able to handle the power of this puppy?
If so it would make a good combo for a full blown
light weight drag bike i think :lol:

KiM

If the situation is 60kv and 60v (3600rpm) Then with 12kw at peak RPM, it should be around 26ft-lbs of torque. At 1,800rpm and 12kw, it should be about 52ft-lbs of torque. For #25 chain in the gear-box with small diameter sprockets, that would pretty quickly be a fail. :( If he stepped it up to #219 sprockets and chain, it should be able to take it.

But the question becomes, do you really need a gear box with this motor? If the efficiency curve climbs up from 0% at 0rpm quickly enough, I don't think a tranny would be needed at all. Maybe a wheelie bar though. :)

Hey physics , its not 60kv at 60v , its 90 kv . I think that one large sprocket on the rear wheel should be it ?

markobetti said:
okay guys , heres the deal. The motors will be shipped directly from China ,since my friend Boris (work with him for 4 years ) has an export company there and he ll take care each order and make one big . Also , he is the only reason why i got these motors . He is checking today to get better shipment prices . The factory says she needs 14-20 days to produce the motors . Also when you pay in China , it needs almost 2 days for money to get there . So after payment needs three weeks to make them , then Boris will inspect if every motor looks okay , and he will need one or two days to send the motors since the manufacturer is not in Guangzhou. If you have your own shipment that you want to use , send me info on pm. everybody who wants the motor needs to send me their e mail on pm or here ; and then i will send the list of people with emails to Boris . He or his secretary will contact everybody with payment details. You can ask him if he can use paypal ( i dont think it is possible in China to use paypal , am i right ?)or whatever u use. Anyway , if we take more than 60 pieces , we ll get the price of 220 bucks . we need to have 30 pieces for 240 bucks. I ll take 2 motors more .
LETS WAIT FOR TEST TODAY ....AND HOPE THEY ARE WORTHY
Also , because we are making a big order together , lets make a deadline 5 days from today for everybody who wants to join in . What do you think ?

Sounds extremely reasonable and fair to me. :)

if gearbox is needed , what are the options ? what should we get. I dont think any of these gearboxes on ES can handle long term 12kw od 10 kw . i hope it can do direct drive...

because the motors are not made yet, can we make a request that the shaft will exit the motor from the other side?

it is a bit hard for me to explain what i am trying to say, but i hope you understand.

Niels

Back