Need some help with disassembling a 900w cyclone motor

Kevinator

100 W
IMGA0629.JPG

I've got a loose wire coming out of my 900w cyclone motor. Unfortunately, this loose wire appears to be the one that contains many other smaller wires. I can see a few silver strands sticking out that are loose. I'm assuming these wires are for the hall sensors and the other 3 thick wires are the phase wires.

Anyone have any instructions or tips for disassembling this motor? I need to get to that area where the wires enter the motor casing so I can fix this.

Ok I found this very useful and awesome post by rkosiorek loaded with pics by Bill Bushnell. Thanks Rick and Bill!

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8621&p=131210&hilit=cyclone+internal#p131210

I should be able to take the cover off and hopefully figure out which wire was pulled apart from what spot.

Ok, I got the cover off, and began to attempt to remove the circuit board from the clips inside the motor casing. I decided to take another look at that loose wire. I yanked on it to try to see what color wire it was, but as I pulled on it more, it became apparent that someone must of snuck in during the night, and stolen the plastic around this single wire in my cyclone motor!! I am wondering what this unprotected wire is for??? and more importantly....is it necessary, and where does it go? Maybe I don't have a loose wire afterall??

I haven't hooked this up to a battery since noticing the loose wires. There's 7 pins at the connector, 7 wires visible on the outside of the rubber grommet:
-purple
-blue
-yellow
-orange
-black
-white
-red

The same colored wires are visible inside the rubber grommet.

IMGA0644.JPG

Dont panic - the wire cyclone used has a foil shield, and this is the ground wire hooked up to the shield - it isn't used.

Back