Where to buy a single cell lifepo4 charger

I can't seem to find a place to buy a single cell lifepo4 charger at. Thought I had one on Ebay from AllBattery.com but they refunded my $$ and said they are out.

I looked on Hobby King, but can't find just a simple single cell charger. Google is not much better. I must suck at searching, cause I can't find where to buy one at a reasonable price ($20 ish ) I can't believe I can't find one, I mean almost everyone on this forum has one, and I can't even find where to buy it at. lol

Anyone care to provide a link where I can get one at? TIA!

Thanks! The charger looks alright, but I'm worried about this spec:
CCCV to 3.65V, float charge at 3.7-3.8V

I've always understood that we don't want to go over 3.65 with our lifepo4 cells??

yopappamon said:
http://www.all-battery.com/TenergyLiFePO4BatteryCharger01300.aspx

And this is AllBattery.com's actual website, where they sell the same charger as on eBay. Which, as I say, they
refunded my PP $$ and said they can't get any.

See what I mean?? Not so easy to locate a single cell charger for lifepo4......

I use these:
https://s.p10.hostingprod.com/@www.voltphreaks.com/ssl/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=28
But they should not be used without a space between two or more of them, because of heat problems!

Battery Space has a few of offerings, but they are kind of expensive and probably not "isolated" chargers like the voltphreaks are, but they state that they are reverse polarity protected... unlike the voltphreaks. So if you are planning on setting up an array of them for simultaneus charging I would go with the voltphreaks. But if you are doing one cell at a time like I do occasionally, I would go for something like the Battery Space versions... there are three of them at different amperage levels. While slower, the lower 700 ma version might accomplish a more complete cell top off... I'll explain my thinking on that later.

http://www.batteryspace.com/smartchargerforlifepo4batterypacks.aspx

The Journey Guy said:
Thanks! The charger looks alright, but I'm worried about this spec:
CCCV to 3.65V, float charge at 3.7-3.8V

I've always understood that we don't want to go over 3.65 with our lifepo4 cells??

I have been meaning to post up in another thread regarding my recent single cell charging experiences, but when I read this, I thought I might as well start here. Hope you don’t mind Journey Guy. It was your question regarding the 3.7-3.8 float voltage that peeked my attention

I have been using a versatile icharger in single cell mode to condition and balance my 8s Headway packs recently... one cell at a time At first, I used the accepted 3.65 volt CC/CV setting for Headway LFPs at various amperage levels (5 amps on down to as low as 200ma) . Every time the charge completed, I noticed the infamous cell "leakage" phenomena, and the cells would quickly settle down to the 3.3 something level. Always wondered if it meant I had defective cells, since I have read that they should not "leak" so quickly if they were not damaged in some way.

Well to make a very long story much shorter, I accidentally discovered that a lengthy very low current (starting 200 ma or less) at 3.8 volts to perform a final top off had some very interesting, and I think therapeutic effects. Now my Headway cells sustain their voltage at roughly 3.5 to 3.6 volts for a couple of days… hence the “leakage” thing seems to have mostly abated. Plus one cell in one of my packs that I previously concluded was the runt, is holding its voltage and full capacity along with the others during discharge testing. Needless to say I was very surprised and delighted, to say the least.

So based on my observations, it appears that a sustained very low current top off at 3.8 volts seems to have a magical effect when conditioning/cycling/balancing my new Headway cells. I would love to hear from the experts about what their thoughts might be on this.

I went to Voltphreaks to order one of theirs, and what do you all think happened?

Yep, No-Can-Do . Out of stock. I cannot believe it's this hard for me to get one of these things. haha

The shipping from Aus is more than I'm looking to pay, so that option is out.

Guess I'm off to BatterySpace to see if they have anything left at all in stock that I can use to top off
some Headways I intend to get for a new pack build. Many thanks everyone for ideas and addresses!

TJG

Hay, The Journey Guy ... What do you have your ca set at for amps. How fast top speed. I'm confused you running a ping combo or a headway ? Ping sells a single cell charger for $19.00 usd.

999zip999 said:
Hay, The Journey Guy ... What do you have your ca set at for amps. How fast top speed. I'm confused you running a ping combo or a headway ? Ping sells a single cell charger for $19.00 usd.

Hello. Right now, the CA is set at 40A max. The fastest I've had "The Falcon" is 34mph, and I backed off the throttle at that point. The ride was getting pretty rough at that speed, and I had enough adrenaline in my bloodstream for the time being. Doing 34 mph on a hard tail Trek with 700c wheels pounded the crap out of me :lol: That was the first, and probably the last time I'll do that without being on a FS bike.

As far as batteries go, I have (2) 24v20ah packs in series for 48v20ah total. They are both prismatic pouch type packs. I have full intentions of building a 8s1p Headway pack soon, to see how they compare with the pouch packs.

I didn't think of Ping. But then again, the shipping will probably cost too much just for a charger to be sent from China. But, it's always an option, many thanks!

TJG

BMI said:
I have available both 2A and 10A single cell LiFePO4 chargers.
Info is here-
http://lithbattoz.com.au/index.php?page=single-cell-chargers

I couldn't find an order page or any other sort of page to order the charger from.......

Ypedal said:
I've used dozens of the voltphreaks chargers with various lifepo4 cells and they work just fine. (* yes, they float up to 3.8~3.9 v but the CC 2 amp stage tappers down at the 3.6v mark, this has not killed/damaged/or otherwise hurt the cells )

I'll keep that in mind for whenever I do happen to find someplace that has a charger in stock.

scoot said:
Battery Space has a few of offerings, but they are kind of expensive and probably not "isolated" chargers like the voltphreaks are, but they state that they are reverse polarity protected... unlike the voltphreaks. So if you are planning on setting up an array of them for simultaneus charging I would go with the voltphreaks. But if you are doing one cell at a time like I do occasionally, I would go for something like the Battery Space versions... there are three of them at different amperage levels. While slower, the lower 700 ma version might accomplish a more complete cell top off... I'll explain my thinking on that later.

http://www.batteryspace.com/smartchargerforlifepo4batterypacks.aspx

Interesting results you had when you put the 700ma charger on the cells, yes?? I only intend to use this charger to charge/balance new Headway cells before I assemble them into a pack. Then maybe to maintain the cells from time to time. So, for now, it looks like I'm going with the Battery Space version. Many thanks for the link and the info!

TJG

Ypedal said:
could do it on the cheap with a cell phone charger, but you better sit down with the voltmeter hooked up ready to disconect at the 3.7v mark. :wink: ** highly not recommended but possible.

haha Well, if all else fails, that would be a possibility! Like you said, I'd have to sit there with my hand on the kill switch the whole time. Now that you mention it, I bet I could do the same thing with a regular 24v charger. Just have to be an eagle eye! LOL

Yo, the jourtney man , I had a 5303 loved it but it was stolen. So I got a BMC600hs with a crst.48v40. con. PIng 48v20ah no ca. YES yet. I can hear my motor very good and when i'm taxing the battery I can hear the of music through my motor of how I'm taxing my battery. Yes it may blow, But 34mph. with the lever of 48t.-11rear lets run on the flats but up hill the throttle is half. could use a boster pack a poly lipo for hills Sorry many ? My 48v20ah. Ping works find if I didn't clip it 30 miles 30mph.

The Journey Guy said:
Russell said:

Yep, that's the very one that AllBattery.com say they are out of. Already tried that route, but thanks anyways!

I inquired about the single-cell charger they have listed on eBay since the auction ad says they have "More than 10 available" and this is the email reply I received;

Hello,

We just have 16pcs in stock and the inventory is updating, so we marked it as out-of -stock. The item is unavailable currently.

Customer Service
All-Battery.com
436 Kato Terrace
Fremont, CA 94539
http://www.all-battery.com

I assume then that they will be available soon but they have ended the auction.

-R

Russell said:
The Journey Guy said:
Russell said:
I assume then that they will be available soon but they have ended the auction.

-R

It seems like a couple of the big sellers have run out of them for the time being. Maybe it has to do with Springtime and all that, people gearing up to ride another season.

I got an email notification about an hour ago informing me that the Battery Space charger should be delivered next Wed. I'm happy that I finally found one.

Which brings me back thanking everyone for your help on this. Took a little doing, but finally got one! :)

TJG

Good to hear that you finally located one. Curious as to which current level you ultimately selected.

Thought I would throw in this comment; after experimenting and learning with one of my 8s packs (series connected) and topping all of the cells of one at a time, i decided to cut to the chase on my second batch of 8 Headway cells. What I did there was hook them all together in parallel and and charged all of them at once. Assuming none of them was defective in any way, it was a really quick way to top balance them all at once. They must all be ok, because they seem to be collectively holding that surface charge pretty well in that configuration. I think I'll cycle them through a few time connected that (disharge/charge), and then finally hook them up in series to evaluate them with the CellLog 8s and make sure.

Back