ALL NEW 150V-30A XieChang CONTROLLER

Knuckles said:
Well I finally got it all together. I re-flashed the MCU and set the amps to 50A.

When the LEFT e-Brake alone is slightly pulled (BK to GND is shorted) the throttle will allow variable regen.
When the RIGHT e-Brake alone is slightly pulled (EBS to GND is shorted) the controller shuts off.
When BOTH e-Brakes are applied the controller applies max regen to a stop.
-Knuckles

Can you share how to make this mod? I`d like to add this mod to Lyen`s 18fet controller - is it possible?

Thanks in Advance,
Andrey.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18214&start=15#p272971

The ebrakes are simple. The mod (link above) is for 150 volt with irfb4115 mosfets.

Knuckles,

6FET me will ya?

Seriously any stock? Looking for FETs too (4110s/4030s, whatever I can get) :)

TIA!

-Mike

PS:

I'll happily take unbolstered controllers and build them myself, not a problem here - becoming an artist with 8G solid and some handy mini HiTemp C clamps I made to keep the 8G on the traces... made templates too (should I upload them in PDF format for everyone to share?) :)

DANG!

Still testing! Help anybody?

I hate soldering. I LOVE theory. :roll:

Seriously ... I welcome fellow scientists.

I've been so busy with work (like real job work).

WIF.jpg

Master_Mod.jpg

I_Hate_Soldering.jpg

Knuckles- For a given motor do you know what the current through the FETs has in common for the following examples?

50v 75amps
100v 37.5amps
150v 25amps

It's all exactly the same current loading through the FETs.

The difference is simply that the 150v rated FETs will be making about 3-4x the heat.

Be careful rating controllers by battery current values, as you know two controllers both pulling 25amps at 150v, one driving a 5302 and one driving a 5306, the controller driving the 5302 would have 3x the FET loading.

Likewise, if the motor's being powered aren't needing the additional RPM potential (like in the event of direct drive hubmotors where aero drag meets power limits), then running at a higher voltage only makes for plenty of additional liability and more controller heating with no advantages.

liveforphysics said:
Knuckles- For a given motor do you know what the current through the FETs has in common for the following examples?

50v 75amps
100v 37.5amps
150v 25amps

It's all exactly the same current loading through the FETs.
The difference is simply that the 150v rated FETs will be making about 3-4x the heat.
Be careful rating controllers by battery current values, as you know two controllers both pulling 25amps at 150v, one driving a 5302 and one driving a 5306, the controller driving the 5302 would have 3x the FET loading.

Likewise, if the motor's being powered aren't needing the additional RPM potential (like in the event of direct drive hubmotors where aero drag meets power limits), then running at a higher voltage only makes for plenty of additional liability and more controller heating with no advantages.
Ahh! That's why I have a therm switch on the high side fet heat sink. 100C shuts it all down.

Good? Bad? Ugly?

:?:

Knuckles said:
Good? Bad? Ugly?

:?:

Knuckles, I made a thread that covers the topic as best as I could.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19590

Back