The 101 Club

today i rode 75km using only 15ah but tomorrow i will try 100km
it is hard when my controller is set to 75amps...power is addictive
i will try 100km using 16ah of lipo well 20 but trying to stick with 80% dod
and yes i am now peddaling to get these ranges
i have moved to northbay ont and love the trail systems here
getting alot of attention and am thinking of starting a ebike shop...i get more requests from the elderly than the youth
i will be making some videos of the trails here and a couple of me hunting for unsuspecting drivers at stoplights

what a great read.i really enjoy trip logs,i think with a reliable system 100 miles is alot.sounds like you are having fun.saddles-seat,i use brooks saddles exclusively,but they do cost alot.thanks for posting.

well didn't get the 100km today but got 45 using only 8.2ah
i have lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks now that i am pedaling lol

wasp said:
Are you serious?! That sounds unhealthy. If you're not getting sick, then nice going, but damn...

drewdiller said:
wasp said:
Are you serious?! That sounds unhealthy. If you're not getting sick, then nice going, but damn...
i hadn't peddaled my ebike in 2 years exept when i broke or ran out of juice...i am feeling so much better now that i peddal and am getting exersise
i stopped drinking 6-8 tim horton's a day and am melting the weight away
i do drink alot of water now 8-10 litres a day to not pass out on these 50-100km a day
i always loved the power of my ebike but now i love the range i can get on only 10ah lipo's
thx for caring about my health

Ah, okay. Yeah, I've fluctuated up to seven pounds when going from very hydrated to very dehydrated.

Gents,

Yesterday - on July 12 – I rode 173.3 miles from Johnsville, CA (near Plumas-Eureka State Park, 1 hour north of Truckee) to Sacramento, CA via Hwy 49 mostly. I broke five spokes in the process, had the rim replaced in Auburn, and continued on with dim lighting in the dead of night for twenty miles – all to catch the midnight train (Amtrak) back to Seattle (which I did, and now I’m home).

I will write more about this epic ride shortly. Briefly though: On July 1st I rode 133 miles from Klamath Falls, Oregon to Burney, CA, then roughly 100 miles on the 2nd from Burney to Greenville, CA, then 52 miles on the 3rd from Greenville to Johnsville.

But the best ride of the set was the very last; spectacular high Sierra, through Grass Valley, then down into the Sacramento metro following the American River at night. Rabbits, Deer, and Homeless People – oh my!

More shortly; need shower and sleep :mrgreen:

Five in one ride? On the same wheel, I guess? Do you have suspension on that wheel? I'm always curious about spoke breakages on others' bikes, so I can try to prevent them on my own (I have enough as it is from the potholes vs unsuspended bike weight).

AW, yes – it was over several days but on one trek. Long saga but I took copious notes and a few pictures which will take me some time to compile and generate 8)

Same front motor – 9C 2806; the broken spokes were on the stock rear wheel which was carrying the majority of the load. I calculated the bike, batts, and I weighed 300 lbs altogether.

Front suspension only; 1st-gen RockShox.

I don’t know precisely when the spokes broke; I was having issues with that wheel from the moment I got off the train in Klamath Falls until the hub/rim was replaced in Auburn, however I detected the breakage shortly after leaving the rocky road from the family campsite. I went about another 60-80 miles in that condition, then hit a bump in Grass Valley and broke two more. A guy following me thought the wheel was going to fall off (ha!) I have no fear :twisted: and pushed on for another 20-30 miles to Auburn where I had the wheel replaced altogether. Stole about 0.3 Volts at the bike shop charging while they worked on it :mrgreen:

However the bottom line was that in one day I rode 173.3 miles with 15S12P LiPo (~47 lbs) on my P0 commuter bike, on a single charge (sans < 1 volt charged on the fly), climbing 8031 feet and descending 12943 feet over a period of roughly 15 hours (counting rest stops which were frequent).

I need to scoot; lots to do today to catch up, but I will report more this late evening.
~KF

Back