Pic's from the e-bike show in Vancouver Canada. :) :) :)

Here are some pics from my trip to Canada a couple weeks ago. It was fun to meet a bunch of ES guys, and it's hard to even express how impressed I was with getting to see Justin's work/projects at the http://www.ebikes.ca workshop. :) Super nice bunch of people, and I think Justin is responsible for the rest of Canada often being a bit dim, my guess is that he got the shipment of brains that was intended for the whole country. (Just friendly teasing overly-sensitive Canadian members! lol) :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:

My bike, just layed together to look like a bike, I left my damn baggy of fasteners at home!!! Do'h!
bikes2.jpg

Everyone's bike in this pic is an ES member, that golden totally DIY trike was awesome! ZootKatz bike is the one holding mine up, and my first xtra-cycle experience, a little wiggle, but was quick and rode great!. :)
bikes5.jpg

Trying a spin on this fantastic totally DIY trike welded up from scrap metal and scrap bikes, seat covering came from a discarded Italian leather sofa, and was very comfortable and fun to zip around on! Made me think about doing a trike. :)
bike4h.jpg

Justin's amazing E-unicycle, which was very cleverly made. I got to watch him ride, and WOW! He is fast on that thing! Rides it at normal bicycle speeds! He said it gets something like 6watt-hours per km, so the pack should outlast your butt on the seat. lol
unicycle.jpg

An unexpected group pic. lol
es1n.jpg

A good group pic of only endless-sphere members. :) It was really a treat to meet all of you guys! Very great bunch of folks, I'm terrible with names and I don't want to botch it, maybe somebody who could get it all right could throw in edit in some username labels on the photo? (notice like a stereo-typical american, I'm mawing down on a hotdog. :) )
es2ni.jpg

The torque sensor setup on Justin dyno.
loadcell.jpg

Front shot of the dyno.
dynonl.jpg

This was a few minutes before I left to head back to WA. I was throughly impressed with Justin's kindness and genius, and loved the chance to see all the fun and unique creations made by a great group of ES members. :)
justinluke.jpg

Very fun trip! I look forward to meeting you guys again perhaps next year. :)

PS: Canada/Vancouver was much more friendly, cleaner, and generally a lot nicer than Seattle, and the people seemed happy and friendly. :)

Thanks for the pictures. A real ebike community! Wow. The only ebike community I know is ES.

regmeister said:
Don't understand your need to insult Canadians.

Just teasing them! lol ;)

**edit

Added in captions for photos, and softened up the teasing of Canada a bit. :) It's America's hat after all, and out of all the countries that could have ended up our hat, I wouldn't pick any other over Canada for the job. :)

Did you get to test any bikes to destruction? :twisted: I hope you took the chance to try out my theory that a unicycle would make the ultimate off road trail bike.

Seriously though, looks like it was a great trip.

Gary

P. S. If someone does edit the group photo with names please put their ES names on there too.

GrayKard said:
Did you get to test any bikes to destruction? :twisted:
You know, the only things I tried out while I was up there were DIY creations made and used with lots of love, and doing a great job of what they were made to do, so I treated everything I tried with careful respect. Store-bought stuff, and my own creations I will beat the piss out of and laugh when it breaks (then use that as an opportunity to improve on the design). I was very impressed to see these were mainly people's own clever home-brew design ebikes. :)

GrayKard said:
I hope you took the chance to try out my theory that a unicycle would make the ultimate off road trail bike.

Seriously though, looks like it was a great trip.

Gary

The unicycle was one rig I never ended up trying out. I wanted to, but we just didn't get around to it. I think Justin could tear up trails with it, he said he does stairs on it, and I got to watch him rip on it.

It was a great trip, and such a pleasure to be away from work, and in the company of great people.

awesome pics and data,my goal is to get to vancouver for a kilowatt hr ride,damn i missed this get together,id still be proccessing electrical data,and i need to learn more but if you have a company like ebikes.ca across the water i can keep my focus on girls food and beer, things i know eh.haha thanks liveforphysics.

Sorry to miss the group photo. My bike is the Burley Koosah in the back of the first picture, with me standing dead center of the picture :D

I did enjoy seeing all the creations and meeting their owners. Loved the idea of 100kph on a bicycle. Loved the laser, boom box bike. The trikes looked like they could be a load of fun. Do you suppose we might see the Goldie in production some day?

Perhaps next time we can have somewhere to ride, test, enjoy each others creations a bit more. This was more of a static show, and needs some room to drive these babies about to see what they can do.

Pat

Pat Eaton said:
Perhaps next time we can have somewhere to ride, test, enjoy each others creations a bit more. This was more of a static show, and needs some room to drive these babies about to see what they can do.

Pat

That's a great idea Pat. ;)

I'm going to try to put together a little ES meeting for the Seattle area and see if we can get a few folks together and do some bike swapping around and a ride. :) Maybe do a ride, stopping every 1-mile to have everyone rotate which bike they are riding. :)

Thanks for the pics from Vancouver LFP! Had a small crowd get together in Toronto recently too. Not a very good group shot:
600_16026719.jpeg

...but it's a start. We're pretty spread out geographically in Toronto in "ebike terms" given limited ranges but should get better...

BTW, as a Canadian (w/half my family also American citizens) gotta say no insult felt here! We are no dumber or smarter than these folks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhTZ_tgMUdo
[youtube]BhTZ_tgMUdo[/youtube]

:wink:
loCk

"...Vancouver's last sacrificial virgin..."
I know folks say "LOL" but I did actually laugh out loud at this!
tks
loCk

We had a get together in Toronto? When? What do I have to do to get on the invite list? Holy Moly.

Great pictures Luke, I'd love to hear a bit more about the dyno, sounds like a neat gizmo.

I too vote for the video of Justin going up stairs on the Eunic.

Katou

omg this is so sick to see the solidarity of ebikers in vancouver. Makes me want to move there in a huge way.

Thanks for adding the names Zoot! It was so cool to meet you in person. :)

eatartnames.jpg

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

Tell the story of the painted girl...

I simply must know! :lol:

TPA said:
Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

Tell the story of the painted girl...

I simply must know! :lol:

You know, that was an odd thing. She and 3-4 other people laid out a painters drop-cloth, each picked a can of paint color, and then happily dumped it onto the heads of each other. That was something I had not seen before, and I'm thinking they consider it to be some sort of symbolic art project thing. I was just talking to her because I spotted one of the google developer series NexusOne phones in her hand (I use a google developer Evo 4g, NexusOne, and G1). Very rare phone, very very rare for a chick to have, so I thought she might be part the opensource android dev team. I was wrong, the phone was a gift, and was barely able to be used as a phone in her application.

Hehehe, my bike is in like 3-4 pics, and I made it into only one, which wasn't even one of the ones from the first post! Oh and to make everybody jealous, I got to ride Luke's Monster 20kw bike for like 5km! Okay fine, the motor wasn't attached, Luke was just too lazy to pedal it back to the shop himself.

I'm going to try to put together a little ES meeting for the Seattle area and see if we can get a few folks together and do some bike swapping around and a ride. :) Maybe do a ride, stopping every 1-mile to have everyone rotate which bike they are riding.
I'll be there like shareware. Been wanting to do a moderately long distance bike tour, this is a perfect excuse.

PS: My bike is the one with the London Drugs bags covering the speakers (They weren't mine, it was raining, better safe than sorry)

katou said:
Be gentle Kriskros, remember, they're 3 hours behind us. It's not their fault.

Katou

LOL very good :mrgreen: You Canadians and Americans are 12 or more hours behind use Aussies... :lol:

KiM

AussieJester said:
katou said:
Be gentle Kriskros, remember, they're 3 hours behind us. It's not their fault.

Katou

LOL very good :mrgreen: You Canadians and Americans are 12 or more hours behind use Aussies... :lol:

KiM
Yesterday, on our Saturday afternoon, I met jonsecg, Chris from Perth.

He's the third ES member from outside the Vancouver area whom I've met in person.
Our monthly Kilowatt Hour ride is a good opportunity to meet local ebikers and try different bikes.
On general rides in the biking community there are more electrics showing up. So many more people I've yet to meet.

Is the Canadian / American thing like us Aussies putting shit on Kiwis ?
I guess the difference is the Canadians aren't actually dumb :mrgreen:

Cool meet, I've spoken to a few local guys here about organising a Sydney meet in a few months when the weather warms up. We'll probably only have 4 or 5 show up but it's still cool to ride with other guys on ebikes :)

I travel around a little bit for work and would love to take my bike with me but taking my lipo pack on the plane would be highly frowned upon :(

Gee, it's hard to believe he felt it necessary to put smiley faces on that. I mean, come on, one look at that PM and we can all tell he's obviously kidding.

BTW, you could look at it like the Aussies are 12 hrs ahead, or.......

Notice smileys ---->>> :) :) :)

Katou

Back