my 72V 5305 creation

nuvola

10 mW
Here is my ebike:
http://www.jobike.it/Public/data/nuvola/2010711192554_5305%20foto%201.jpeg
some technical details:
72V 15ah lifepo4 battery with 3c prismatic cell (10kg)
72V 40A controller

tyre:
front 28x1.75
Rear 26x.2.35

Front brake juicy 5 with 180mm shimano XTR disk
(it should be substituted by a Formula the one 2010 220mm front brake but I need to change front fork before)

C.A.

sigma computer

my weight 100kg
top speed 59km/h without pedaling,amazing acceleration
I'm very very happy
:)

good lookin bike,i know i always like a bigger tire up front,dont know why but i do.your batts look like a big sla slab.what type of covering is that?nothin better than the sound of a 5305.did you incorporate torque arms?

Look,s good, maybe you should try to put your battery pak inside the main frame triangle...? better ballance etc... the question is how wide is the battery;).
Regards toft
PS. Is this shwalbe tire confortable? Maybe in new project il tray this tires...

Nice looking bike.

What are you using for rear brakes? I don't see any!

Ambrose

Battery pack is too big to fit as is inside triangle, but I've no problems at all where it is now.
Balance is perfect just now.

There's no Rear brake!
I'd like to use and idraulic brake but my old 5305 hasn't way to get connected to a disk, I'm still studing an easy solution.
any proposal?

big tyre (apple) is a must to do, bike now it's very confortable.
If possibile I will use bigger tyre, but the biggest I found was just mine (26x2.35) (bigger aren't for road use)

Nice bike. Good work. Be careful you dont do a major tank slapper with that weight so high rear biased. Especially at the sort of speed that thing does.

Couldnt see any torque arms on the back. I presume they are there.

I have no rear torque arms at the moment.
ebikes.ca seems to have discontinued their rear version.
any other website where to buy it?

some updates:
I'd a puncture in my apple, so I decided to change my tyres!
So I've bought 2 maxxis hookworm 26x2.5

Next monday, I will go to a bike shop to buy a Marzocchi Fork, so I could finally mount my formula the one 2010 220mm front brake!
And the ebike will be quite finished... :mrgreen: (i just need to find a solution for a rear brake)

Try and come up with some way to get the batteries forward and lower. A rear brake and a better COG will really finish it off then. And dont forget the torque arms. That sort of power will rip your dropout to pieces in no time and frankly is just plain dangerous. Do a search on making your own. There not too hard to make.

I've found the perfect toruqe arm from ampebikes, I will just order it when I will come back from holidays.
For rear brake I've to understand if I can just change the left cover with the new threaded 5305 cover.
I'm speaking about buying this:
SideCover500T.jpg

my 5305 is old and doesn't have threaded cover.

batteries is perfect just where it is.

what is a COG?

nuvola said:
batteries is perfect just where it is.

what is a COG?

There is a good reason why people go to so much trouble to install the batteries further forward but its what you are happy with at the end of the day :)

COG "Centre of Gravity" :wink:

my new buy:
Marzocchi Marathon SL 80mm
finally I could mount my Formula 220mm front break.

For rear Brake, I'm still looking for a good and easy solution.

ps. I'v mounted 11-34 gear 8)

here's my gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/nuvolamax/superbaics#

note the new 220mm front disk!
the battery position is perfect because due to very big powerful front brake it helps to don't let the rear wheel going up.
Now I'm working on a rear ebrake.

I got an amped bikes torque arm holding my x5303 beast in. The Tidal Force frame has the perfect notch for it. Ive been playing hard and using regen with no issue.. It hasnt wiggle nor has axle bolt moved. All I can say is kudos to the torque arm and good luck with your build.

Your bike looks so finest and nice one. I have a question, You said you are using a 72v batteries and only run 36mph (59km/h) and Aren't the 72v supposed push your 5305 lot fast more than 40mph (65km/h).

36... sounds about right. A 5304 would peak around the low 40s depending on rider.

I will check top speed this saturday, with big apple 2.3 was 59km/h, now I want to see difference with hookwoorm 2.5
I just have to understand how to set tyre size on CA!
Anyway my weight it's about 105kg plus 15kg of lifepo4, not a light one and I believe that big tyres let your max speed going down due to friction with asphalt.

Back