Aaaarrrghhh....

That's why I pay $4-5 to get mine strung and trued. I had to pay $9 to get my motorcycle hubbies strung, but that guy even included some kind of very thick plastic paint around the inside of the rims to seal the spokes and cover any sharp edges. Bike work is dirt cheap here. :mrgreen:

Doh.

Tell the truth...you noticed earlier and kept lacing for the photo op. right? Or was it late at night?

Anyway, it's funny and thanks for sharing.

Bob

lol.. it's actually worse than that.... I sort thru my stack of rims, among a dozen i pick this one, get into the garage and ream all the holes with a round file for the 12g sokes...

Setup in the house, start a 1 cross lace, all going well until about spoke 16 or so where things just are not lining up and the holes are just big enough to let the spokes in but no angles.. so i take it all apart.. start a radial lace to see how the spoke lenght would measure up ( radial lacing is quick.. 8 minutes of work and i'm at the point in that picture ) ... until i realize my error......

But hey, yes it's late, and i'm not afraid to admit when i'm wrong lol...

Only stupider thing i've done was to build a battery pack with ballance wires, box the pack, sealed up tight, then realize i forgot to label the wires lol. ( easy recovery, but still a pain )

John has some damn cheap labor in CR... maybe we should ship him rims and spokes for builds :)

Y - I've done it (recently) only I grabbed a wrong rim and began to lace up a 36h hub to a 32h rim :(

-Mike

mwkeefer said:
John has some damn cheap labor in CR... maybe we should ship him rims and spokes for builds :)

Just give some of those millions of illegal aliens ebike jobs. It's gotta be better work than in the farming industry. :mrgreen:

Um, ypedal, it looks fine to me! :shock: Actually the Guru has a way of lacing 32 into 36. Check out Sheldon Brown if you want to keep the rim!
otherDoc

I've laced a 36h motor into a 28h 16" rim before, that was interesting.. 4, skip a hole, 3 skip a hole, repeat.. 0 cross pattern but not quite radial..

I have 36h rims.. will just have to take this apart and ream a new rim .. but i WILL count the holes before i start this time lol...

Back