Dawn of the Juicer 36v, EV-Twin motorbicycle

Juicerman

1 W
s640x480.jpg

I love it, more details please.

Is it your bike, and what configuration are the batteries ( edit: 36V 10Ah I see) ?
Is it running yet, and how does it go?
Do you have any rear brakes?
What are you using the "petrol tank" for?

Greg

This is the first incarnation of the 36v Juicer. As of now it is 12s1p for initial road-testing, but have plans (and the batteries) to bump it up to 2p.* It has a 1000w scooter motor and a generic scooter controller which is in the "tank". Also in there is a voltmeter, charging outlet and a fairly useless keyswitch.
000s9ar8.jpg

Just road tested it today with the cyclometer. Here are some preliminary numbers;

Top Speed: 36mph
Range: 10mi
Weight: 70lbs
Ft Brake: Caliper
Rr Brake: Coaster

I live in Los Angeles on a hill, so to get some decent numbers I had to throw the bike in the ragtop and go to the bottom of the hill where it's fairly flat. I started near Dodger Stadium and went upstream along the LA River, through Griffith Park, to Forest Lawn where celebrities and lithium batteries end up when they are dead.
000sp3bx.jpg

Well, the batteries weren't exactly dead, but after nearly ten miles of riding fast without pedaling, they no longer wanted to go 20mph. The volts read 38 or so, but I still had to pedal most of the way back. Still, the bike is very comfortable and I'm pleased with my top speed as I reached it on a slight incline and my tires were a little soft. Hopefully I can get my useful range up to 20mi when I connect the last 10 batts.

*in fact, two of the 14 batteries that make up the ev-twin are disconnected, waiting for the rest of its series to be mounted in the oil tank space.

Daaaaaaaaaamn I love it X-)))))
What bike did you used for base? We have a bunch of cruiser out here in Germany but this one.. well I've never seet it. (I want one ;) )
The batteries packs look absolutely perfect B-). Big twin powaaaaa!!!
I'm currently building my E-cruiser on a felt "luxe" base. I have to make way more modification on the "tank" area because there is not enough place to put my batteries.
I really like the needle Volt/amp meter on the left of the tank.
For the brake you are only using the one incorporated in the rear hub I am right?
Grüß von Regensburg!
Dodjob

Awesome build! Definitely one of a kind right now

Freaking awesome. The v-twin battery config takes the cake :)

Yup she came up a treat buddy love the series of pics to especially the one with the "Danger 33000 volts" in the back ground...classy
build all round ...you know whats comming don't you LoL :lol:

000tee9d.jpg

(cept for those uncovered switches we spoke about on the other forum LOL... :wink: :lol: )

Look forward to your next offering very much, if it is half as good as this it will be a show stopper, congrats
on an outstanding professional looking build ;)

KiM

p.s couple more pics of that cool Bull dog wouldn't go astray either.... lovely looking animals albeit lil dopey lookin' :lol: don't tell him i said that though HAHA... would love one myself...

B-eautiful build :!:

Impressed, KF
Just needs a sissy bar for the babe

verrrry nice man the design of all bike it is woooooooaw
good work and dont stop to build you have good ideeas :idea: :D

Really impressive desing idea!

I love the Headway/two strokes idea!!!

Doc

UPDATE:The Juicer is now on display at Hollywood Electrics http://www.hollywoodelectrics.com/
000wtqex

The 2p pack is out in favor of a signalab v2.5 BMS. You can see the slit where the LED's are visible in the black triangle between the seat and the jackshaft.
000xbhc6

Somebody tell Ed Begley to buy this thing!
000x290f

What? You already have your own awesome ebike? Right, I forgot where I was. Well buy a t-shirt then. http://emotorbicycle.spreadshirt.com/ Highest quality flex-print, doesn't fade, and lasts much longer than digital prints. My commission is only $2.10 for the adult shirts and a dime for the kid's. Support the cause so I can get Juicer II off the ground!

Back